Ask a question

No registration required

Galaxy Nexus reboot loop flashing error FAIL Exceed Buffer Size

OP celeadyne

11th January 2014, 07:26 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
My Galaxy Nexus reboots a few seconds after starting up. I don't have anything other than stock installed and I've tried following several guides here trying to flash it myself since the built-in recovery mode wipe data/factory reset does nothing.

I did notice something strange which following a guide, when I oem unlock and reboot the fastboot mode it locks itself again like I didn't do anything at all. This was a problem when I was using the Android Toolkit too but I managed to over ride my own fastboot oem unlock commands in between its batch file commands and got to an error "FAIL Exceed Buffer Size"

I believe if I can fix or know what to do with that error I can successfully bring my phone back to factory defaults I just don't know what to do! I tried looking for the error on this forum and it came up with 0 results and google isn't helping much either.

I'd appreciate any help regarding this, even if it means my phone is beyond repair I just want to know!

Thanks guys!
11th January 2014, 09:58 AM   |  #2  
charleroi PA
Thanks Meter: 1,865

1,432 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by celeadyne

My Galaxy Nexus reboots a few seconds after starting up. I don't have anything other than stock installed and I've tried following several guides here trying to flash it myself since the built-in recovery mode wipe data/factory reset does nothing.

I did notice something strange which following a guide, when I oem unlock and reboot the fastboot mode it locks itself again like I didn't do anything at all. This was a problem when I was using the Android Toolkit too but I managed to over ride my own fastboot oem unlock commands in between its batch file commands and got to an error "FAIL Exceed Buffer Size"

I believe if I can fix or know what to do with that error I can successfully bring my phone back to factory defaults I just don't know what to do! I tried looking for the error on this forum and it came up with 0 results and google isn't helping much either.

I'd appreciate any help regarding this, even if it means my phone is beyond repair I just want to know!

Thanks guys!

best advice,flash back to stock,root the phone,and use bootunlock on your phone to unlock it,it wont wipe your data,then download a recovery.img and flash it with the flashify app,almost everything done with apps and no data loss.
11th January 2014, 04:50 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pattyboi:)

best advice,flash back to stock,root the phone,and use bootunlock on your phone to unlock it,it wont wipe your data,then download a recovery.img and flash it with the flashify app,almost everything done with apps and no data loss.

I can't flash the phone to stock because of that FAIL error, and I can't root the phone because it reboot loops before I can enable USB debugging in the OS.
12th January 2014, 01:00 AM   |  #4  
charleroi PA
Thanks Meter: 1,865

1,432 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by celeadyne

I can't flash the phone to stock because of that FAIL error, and I can't root the phone because it reboot loops before I can enable USB debugging in the OS.

i mean not using toolkit,using actual fasboot. BTW: do you have a custom recovery? if so you could just adb sideload & if you can get the phone into fastboot mode and just flash a recovery then adb sideload after wiping all partitions && did you try using odin to flash back to stock (i dunno if there are odin images available,i apoligize if not)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread