Galaxy Nexus slower than SGS2 and IP4S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ephraim

Oct 6, 2010
Cebu City
Asus ZenFone 4 Max
I'll probably get trolled for this but here i go.. Why post this on SGS2 general? Well, alot of people are saying Nexus prime is better than SGS2 so i thouhht of sharing this to you guys.. Not sure if this is official or not but for those who want to check it out you can click this link..

Courtesy of the loose lips of Japan’s leading cellular carrier, NTT DoCoMo, we now have the specifications for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Prime). Software-wise, there are no surprises: it will run Android 4.0,*Ice Cream Sandwich , but on the hardware front… well, there’s no easy way to put this: the Galaxy Nexus has a lower spec than the iPhone 4S and Galaxy S II, and it’s even comparable to the Nexus S in terms of graphics power. (Updated @ 23:00 EST:*The following specs have now been confirmed by Samsung and Google.)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

Jasonhunterx

Feb 17, 2011
Hartford
Worst specs but it is optimized so who cares iphone4 has bad specs an its butter smooth

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Toss3

May 13, 2008
Stockholm
Worst specs but it is optimized so who cares iphone4 has bad specs an its butter smooth

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

ICS doesn't look to be as optimized as you make it sound from the hands-on vids that have been posted; it stutters and lags more than the SGS2 does with touchwiz. Still I might buy it, but just because I'm tired of waiting for updates.

GChaosG

Sep 18, 2010
GPU

Apparently the Galaxy Nexus uses the SGX540, the same GPU as the Galaxy S (one). While the Galaxy S II uses the Mali-400 GPU which seems to be on a higher spec. o_O Wouldn't it be a fairly weak combination since the phone comes with a 720p display paired with a GPU more than a year old?

ephraim

Oct 6, 2010
Cebu City
Asus ZenFone 4 Max
I was expecting more from nexus prime since it's been suggested by alot of people here.. But we won't know till we see the actual device :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

tjtj4444

Apr 11, 2011
ICS doesn't look to be as optimized as you make it sound from the hands-on vids that have been posted; it stutters and lags more than the SGS2 does with touchwiz. Still I might buy it, but just because I'm tired of waiting for updates.

Where have you seen any video with lag & stuttering?

And remember, recording a GUI that runs in 60 fps with a 30fps camera and uploading to youtube causes micro-stuttering in the video due to half frame-rate and obviously no v-sync between phone display and camera.

Toss3

May 13, 2008
Stockholm
Where have you seen any video with lag & stuttering?

And remember, recording a GUI that runs in 60 fps with a 30fps camera and uploading to youtube causes micro-stuttering in the video due to half frame-rate and obviously no v-sync between phone display and camera.

"As to overall performance, we saw a good deal of stutter in the Galaxy Nexus before us. Taps were not always recognized and there were occasional delays in performing an instruction, though in Google’s defense, it was a phone fully loaded with running tasks and the software is being continually improved and optimized (i.e. it’s not yet fully baked)."

Via ThisIsMyNext

You can clearly see the stutter and lag in almost all off the videos that have been posted that are longer than 10 seconds. Not saying it's a deal breaker, but ICS at this point doesn't look too optimized.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

Lets also not forget that 1200x720 resolution. It's pushing a LOT more pixels than the SGS2.

That's no excuse, as the PowerVR SGX 540 at 384mhz should have no problem delivering a smooth UI. It's most likely due to inefficiencies in the code rather than actual hardware shortcomings.

ram3n

Nov 16, 2010
PowerVR SGX540 GPU .... From 2007 .... The same as Droid bionic or Nexus S.
No more details.
It is actually just worse than our dear Mali 400.

The fact is our S2 remains one of the best and powerful' superphone of 2011 ! :D

When we'll have ICS update, it'll turn into the beast monster ever, and apple killer ! hahahaha
Have fun meanwhile !

MrGarak

Oct 20, 2010
Dublin
"As to overall performance, we saw a good deal of stutter in the Galaxy Nexus before us. Taps were not always recognized and there were occasional delays in performing an instruction, though in Google’s defense, it was a phone fully loaded with running tasks and the software is being continually improved and optimized (i.e. it’s not yet fully baked)."

Via ThisIsMyNext

You can clearly see the stutter and lag in almost all off the videos that have been posted that are longer than 10 seconds. Not saying it's a deal breaker, but ICS at this point doesn't look too optimized.

---------- Post added at 03:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:11 PM ----------

That's no excuse, as the PowerVR SGX 540 at 384mhz should have no problem delivering a smooth UI. It's most likely due to inefficiencies in the code rather than actual hardware shortcomings.
Engadget said the first device they tried was like that however they were then given a Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.1 and it was buttery smooth.

androidkid311

Jun 5, 2011
Hahahah! What a poor update of a phone to be honest! Only good thing about the galaxy nexus is the pure vanilla experience annnnnnnd getting updates quickly. Looks like my sgs2 will b with me for a loooong time! Galaxy nexus looks pointless tbh and was shocked to hear its good a 5mp camera lol :-/. At least a 1.4/1.6 dual core would of been useful and yuup i herd that ICS is laggy and ive seen some vids.

Sent from my iphone look a like powered by android!

Toss3

May 13, 2008
Stockholm
Engadget said the first device they tried was like that however they were then given a Galaxy Nexus running Android 4.0.1 and it was buttery smooth.

Yet another reason to stick with the pure google experience.. ;) Would have taken samsung a month to apply that incremental update to their touchwiz devices. Just hope that ICS will bring the responsiveness of Cyanogenmod and smoothness of SGS 2 all in one package. Could care less about the hardware as long as the experience is smooth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    makes sense

nexus is Googles flagship made by Samsung

SGS2 is Samsungs flagship made by Samsung
    Lets also not forget that 1200x720 resolution. It's pushing a LOT more pixels than the SGS2.