Galaxy SIII came out! Are you impressed or disappointed?

Will you move to GSIII or stay with your Gnex?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

darkgoon3r96

Sep 19, 2010
Man, i just can't get it do you really think polycarbonate plastic is equal to one used in SIII, moreover one X is built from single block, i think everybody would agree that such construction is more solid. Please explain your position , if your arguments are strong i'll take my words back

I am not talking about either the construction or the feeling. Samsung has always failed on that every single time. I was just talking about the material

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

@home

Feb 16, 2009
Who's going to be selling their Gnex & getting an SGS3?

Is there any reason to keep it apart from more regular updates?

Does the SGS3 have it all?

OniV2

Jan 14, 2012
I can't really see a valid argument from you because it offers everything your nexus offers and more.

You're willing to spend top dollar for a device that only offers a few rip-off gimmicks that Google didn't really see necessary for stock ICS. Plus, you're mesmerised by a GPU that only really introduces battery drain to the device. Your Android games aren't going to be any different than on the Nexus, sorry.

Also, that bull**** about low-light shots looking better due to the illuminated camera? Enjoy your marketing hype, you obviously know nothing about photography.

Zacisblack said:
8. You're kidding right? Battery life will probably be on par with the One X if not better. How is 2100 mAh bad? You're crazy if you think that's lackluster. It's thinner than the nexus and has a bigger battery? That sounds great to me.

You don't seriously think battery capacity means anything other than having a higher capacity than lithium ion batteries with a lower capacity, do you? Working in conjunction with the specs of the device, 2100mAh is piss poor.

Last edited:

Smokeey

Oct 8, 2010
College Station, TX
This thread is irrelevant. This is Galaxy Nexus General. It should be moved to Galaxy S 3 General.
Mods?
Please?

Also, my nexus is still better in every way.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

Reactions: OniV2

barondebxl

Jul 8, 2011
San Diego, CA
I absolutely agree. 4.65" is just a tad too big to reach my hand to all corners of the phone comfortably, and I don't have small hands.

That's a personal opinion. I had a galaxy note before so I laugh at 4.8 inches :cool:

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Exactly! If you guys don't like the thread, then get off of it and don't come back. This is interesting to many people that's why it has so many pages.

Thank you! There is no way to not talk about the galaxy s 3 at this time.

NexusDro

Jan 28, 2010
You're willing to spend top dollar for a device that only offers a few rip-off gimmicks that Google didn't really see necessary for stock ICS. Plus, you're mesmerised by a GPU that only really introduces battery drain to the device. Your Android games aren't going to be any different than on the Nexus, sorry.

Also, that bull**** about low-light shots looking better due to the illuminated camera? Enjoy your marketing hype, you obviously know nothing about photography.

You don't seriously think battery capacity means anything other than having a higher capacity than lithium ion batteries with a lower capacity, do you? Working in conjunction with the specs of the device, 2100mAh is piss poor.

Genuine question: why doesn't the illuminated sensor help with low-light shots.

And for the battery life, I think it is going to be better than the nexus. Didn't they use a smaller manufacturing process on this new exynos?

@rbiter

Dec 4, 2011
Its hard to say. They basically doubled the performance cpu/gpu also so it is hard to draw a conclusion. From the experience I've had with electronics, I would venture to say it will be about on par with the nexus. I would say slightly worse, but it comes with 2100mah battery evening it out. Battery mizers can expect around 4.5-5h screen and heavy users gamers 4h or less. On a GSM version. I would be very surprised to see this phone get 6h screen out of the box. Turning off cores, underclocking and undervolting will help some but not dramatically.

let it be.

darkgoon3r96

Sep 19, 2010

You aren't serious about the battery are you? No matter hoe bad it is, it can never be worse than the Nexus. I mean GSMArena pretty much summed it up.

Reactions: stkiswr

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
At my shop there are 6 people that own nexuses. From 1 bone stock all the way to full screen modded. 2 have the seidio 3800 and usually get 4ish hours screen on time. The other few are on the stock battery and live off the charger.
The cdma nexus prob has the worst battery life but it is such a nice phone that its tolerable for most. 2 hr screen time on 3g/4g is blah though. I don't expect the gs3 to get worse battery life than the nexus. The new krait processor is more power friendly even at higher speeds. My wife's sprint gs2 does pretty well for a stock phone. I would at least expect that and better from newer technology.
The illuminated camera is no gimmick. Video that stays playing when i get a text is no gimmick. I think the one x/s has an illuminated camera also and has been proven to be a fantastic camera. Gaming? Lol its 2012, any decent smartphone can play temple run. I'm not trying to play cod on my phone but since I can pair a ps3 remote to my maxx it would be cool. But regardless they all can knock out all necessary tasks. Including the nexus. No one here came here to bash the beloved nexus. It is the first to drop w ics. Hard to argue. But some of the options are not gimmicks and it would be nice to see other phones benefit from these new software upgrades. I would love for my phone to not black out if I'm reading an email. Eye tracking software seems to take care of that.
I just dont see the gimmick. Whether you get one or not, arguing that its **** when its all better is silly.

Last edited:

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
At my shop there are 6 people that own nexuses. From 1 bone stock all the way to full screen modded. 2 have the seidio 3800 and usually get 4ish hours screen on time. The other few are on the stock battery and live off the charger.
The cdma nexus prob has the worst battery life but it is such a nice phone that its tolerable for most. 2 hr screen time on 3g/4g is blah though. I don't expect the gs3 to get worse battery life than the nexus. The new krait processor is more power friendly even at higher speeds. My wife's sprint gs2 does pretty well for a stock phone. I would at least expect that and better from newer technology.
The illuminated camera is no gimmick. Video that stays playing when i get a text is no gimmick. I think the one x/s has an illuminated camera also and has been proven to be a fantastic camera. Gaming? Lol its 2012, any decent smartphone can play temple run. I'm not trying to play cod on my phone but since I can pair a ps3 remote to my maxx it would be cool. But regardless they all can knock out all necessary tasks. Including the nexus. No one here came here to bash the beloved nexus. It is the first to drop w ics. Hard to argue. But some of the options are not gimmicks and it would be nice to see other phones benefit from these new software upgrades. I would love for my phone to not black out if I'm reading an email. Eye tracking software seems to take care of that.
I just dont see the gimmick. Whether you get one or not, arguing that its **** when its all better is silly.

On a 4.8 inch screen, it sure is. I also don't watch my youtube videos in porrtait mode for similar reasons.

That is a feature I would find very useful...on a tablet.

Last edited:

bigwillis

Feb 1, 2011
People don't realize this is a galaxy nexus forum.,and yes we read up on **** before we make a new phone purchase....and my reading tells me get a nexus because of updates from google / pure Android experience / great dev support ....IMO only the next nexus will maybe be worth an upgrade from the current one ....as for the gs3 just another tw phone .....what ever happened to going from capacitive buttons to on screen buttons.? I thought that in itself was innovative ,. But not on the gs3 with ics ?

Sent from my Nexus Prime using XDA App

darkgoon3r96

Sep 19, 2010
People don't realize this is a galaxy nexus forum.,and yes we read up on **** before we make a new phone purchase....and my reading tells me get a nexus because of updates from google / pure Android experience / great dev support ....IMO only the next nexus will maybe be worth an upgrade from the current one ....as for the gs3 just another tw phone .....what ever happened to going from capacitive buttons to on screen buttons.? I thought that in itself was innovative ,. But not on the gs3 with ics ?

Sent from my Nexus Prime using XDA App

Okay, the pure android experience thing is just an opinion. Not everyone wants that. People like me like Sense more. Galaxy S II has amazing dev support.

ray3andrei

Feb 28, 2012
I will most likely get it, I like the design too.. I like everything about it in fact.. and it is a big step forward.. I can't remember the gs2 bringing a huge number of updates over gs1

Sent from my Samsung GNexus <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Its not a Nexus. Why would I want it?
    If it doesn't have soft keys then its a instant no. I probably won't get it anyways. If I get a new phone it will be the next nexus.
    What temptation?
    What if one will look like nexus , be 4 times more powerful than nexus and has even more development perspectives . Just look in GS II thread man , smooth AOSP roms , hundreds of themes , kernels, ports and other stuff . We don't have it here :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

So, will 4 times the performance help me dial numbers faster? Will it increase my wpm when texting? Will rainbows float out of my device?

Wait, it will have Touchwiz. OF COURSE rainbows will float out of it. That or Crayola crayons.
    Manufacturers still using physical buttons is a perfect example of what's wrong with android. Google tries to push the os forward but manufacturers hold it back by loading it with their own interface and still using buttons. Software devs don't help with their reluctance to update their appsbto the holo interface. The fragmentation problem in android has nothing to do with Google at this point. Every manufacturer should just release an aosp ICS rom for all of their capable devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2