Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Is it just me, or do games run badly on ICS?

OP unity04

17th April 2012, 03:33 PM   |  #11  
Flag São Paulo
Thanks Meter: 76

283 posts
More
I use a GSM Galaxy Nexus, stock, no overclock, no frills, just rooted to use Titanium Backup, never had any lags in Fruit Ninja, runs fine... Temple Run, ocasionally will stutter, but it is rare and most of the time I just play 20, 30 times and no stutter at all... GTA III also plays fine.

Obviously it is not the best performer, and, as you probably now, there is the same iPhone 4 GPU under the hood of our devices, only that it got extra memory bandwidth and extra clock to perform better (and also a HD screen that will eat-up some of this extra performance)... But I believe, at least as far as my own experience goes, that it is a decent performer, altough there are better alternatives as far as gaming goes (and I would believe that probably HTC One X would be the best Android gaming phone alternative as far as graphic performance is concerned right now).
17th April 2012, 03:56 PM   |  #12  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 5,673

9,620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguett

Temple Run is lagging when you play it for a while, same with many other 3D games....

I've played it long enough to unlock most characters, and all powerups maxed. Never lagged once.
17th April 2012, 03:57 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Developer

9,620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumeikuro

384 is the stock clock =/= 2x gpu clock. Even then it only makes a 5-6 fps differnece in most circumstances. Could have better results in different apps but nenamark i saw a 5-6 fps difference.

Actually, 307mhz is because Google underclocked it, stock.
17th April 2012, 04:23 PM   |  #14  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 463

2,380 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne

I've played it long enough to unlock most characters, and all powerups maxed. Never lagged once.

I have almost the same exact scenario, unlocked almost everything with no lag issues what so ever.
17th April 2012, 05:25 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 7

167 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsumeikuro

384 is the stock clock =/= 2x gpu clock. Even then it only makes a 5-6 fps differnece in most circumstances. Could have better results in different apps but nenamark i saw a 5-6 fps difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketoasty

I have almost the same exact scenario, unlocked almost everything with no lag issues what so ever.

It doesn´t lag, bit it run like at 25fps or so, not as smooth as 60fps (I am refering when there are many coins in the screen and you are running too fast)
17th April 2012, 05:27 PM   |  #16  
Recognized Developer

9,620 posts
How are you quantifying that it runs at 25fps? Is there a fps counter somewhere?
The Following User Says Thank You to adrynalyne For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 06:39 PM   |  #17  
Osnabrück (Lower Saxony)
Thanks Meter: 107

443 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baguett

Temple Run is lagging when you play it for a while, same with many other 3D games....

nope, not for me. it runs even smoother than the version for the iphone :P.
maybe the gpu in the nexus is not the fastest one, maybe there are other phones that are much faster.... I DON'T CARE! i didn't bought my nexus to play games all day, i bought it to synchronize my calender, my notes, make calls and write sms and maybe some internet surfing.

you also all bought this phone, so why complain? it's like buying yourself a motorbike and then complaining about the fact that it only has 2 wheels.
Last edited by blockbusta; 17th April 2012 at 06:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to blockbusta For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th April 2012, 06:53 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 1

2 posts
Enabling Force GPU acceleration in the developer options under Settings might improve the performance of some games. Although it will might also make some games look weird.
17th April 2012, 07:20 PM   |  #19  
Recognized Developer

9,620 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeDaSpike

Enabling Force GPU acceleration in the developer options under Settings might improve the performance of some games. Although it will might also make some games look weird.

Games are already GPU accelerated. You can't doubly accelerate them
17th April 2012, 10:58 PM   |  #20  
S.S.
Thanks Meter: 164

592 posts
More
i play gta iii, MC3, wind-up knight, shadow gun and fifa and no lag whatsoever

oh and drawsome too lol!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread