Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this year?

OP Nephilim

1st February 2013, 06:25 PM   |  #1  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 9,365

6,684 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hey all, I've been a member here on XDA for almost 3yrs now and I've frequented multiple sections depending on the device(s) I was/am using at the time.

I have to say, the Galaxy Nexus community is by far my favorite hands down.

So I ask, Who can I expect to see in the next nexus section when google releases the 2013 iteration of the Nexus Flagship Device?

I really am hoping a lot of you that I have grown to love chatting with all are there with me. I passed on the Nexus 4 because frankly, I don't see enough innovation over my Gnex to deem it worth purchasing, thus why I am waiting for the follow-up device we most likely can all expect come around November of this year.

I just cannot see myself getting anything but a Google flagship vanilla phone after owning this fantastic device, nothing compares to the development, themes, kernels etc available. Not to mention we get the newest versions of everything first as well.

Anyway, Who's gonna be in the new forum right there with me when the "Nexus 5 aka 2013 Nexus" arrives?

*on a sidenote, I can only imagine what the AOSPA Team and AK Team is going to bring to the table.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2013, 06:29 PM   |  #2  
Flag mumbai
Thanks Meter: 1,394

3,687 posts
More
if its by lg and samsung not me , i want some good quality body like by moto and sony , had enough of plastic since nexus s, miss my moto milestone so much
1st February 2013, 06:33 PM   |  #3  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 9,365

6,684 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohanjs

if its by lg and samsung not me , i want some good quality body like by moto and sony , had enough of plastic since nexus s, miss my moto milestone so much

Not a fan of LG but Samsung makes a quality phone in a lightweight container. I have never liked Motorola, always found their devices to be crap (just my opinion though). Sony or HTC for the next Nexus device and I'll be a happy camper. Although, I will get one if Samsung makes it again too.

Who am I kidding, if it's a nexus device google oversees the whole process so I will buy it regardless of the brand.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2013, 06:39 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1,088

2,878 posts
More
depends on who makes it, but as of now, i plan on it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zepius For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2013, 06:54 PM   |  #5  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 295

1,331 posts
More
Depends on wether LG will make it... if so, then no, I will not buy the new Nexus.
Any other company like Samsung, Motorola or Sony or even HTC though would be fine by me.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jadephyre For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2013, 07:23 PM   |  #6  
Orlando
Thanks Meter: 242

667 posts
Donate to Me
chances are, I will be there. but it all depends. the nexus 4 is a great device, but i am assuming the 2013 nexus is going to be 5"1080P, quad core, 13mp camera, huge battery, 2+GB ram ect. its going to be hard to stay away from it....no matter who makes it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turdbogls For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2013, 07:24 PM   |  #7  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 92

482 posts
More
Me planning for sure, hope 2013 nexus will be 1080p with a monster battery and PA team maintains it
The Following User Says Thank You to deepayanneogi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2013, 07:51 PM   |  #8  
Flag Santo Domingo
Thanks Meter: 232

1,737 posts
More
Im planning on it too. I skipped the Nexus 4 for the same reasons. I hope its worth the waiting.
The Following User Says Thank You to djluis48 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
WiredPirate
1st February 2013, 09:17 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
Prob not me. My next phone will have one of those monster batteries like the Note or Maxx does. That + unloackable bootloader + active dev comminuty will be priorities on my next phone purchase. But I'm not in much of a hurry right now.
1st February 2013, 11:22 PM   |  #10  
Flag ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
Thanks Meter: 1,751

7,444 posts
More
Re: Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this y
I'm more interested in what chip is going to be in it. The S4 is already dated so I'm curious what Google is going to use for a fHD display device.

The Following User Says Thank You to 063_XOBX For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread