Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,106 Members 42,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this year?

Tip us?

Nephilim
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 9,257

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this year?

Hey all, I've been a member here on XDA for almost 3yrs now and I've frequented multiple sections depending on the device(s) I was/am using at the time.

I have to say, the Galaxy Nexus community is by far my favorite hands down.

So I ask, Who can I expect to see in the next nexus section when google releases the 2013 iteration of the Nexus Flagship Device?

I really am hoping a lot of you that I have grown to love chatting with all are there with me. I passed on the Nexus 4 because frankly, I don't see enough innovation over my Gnex to deem it worth purchasing, thus why I am waiting for the follow-up device we most likely can all expect come around November of this year.

I just cannot see myself getting anything but a Google flagship vanilla phone after owning this fantastic device, nothing compares to the development, themes, kernels etc available. Not to mention we get the newest versions of everything first as well.

Anyway, Who's gonna be in the new forum right there with me when the "Nexus 5 aka 2013 Nexus" arrives?

*on a sidenote, I can only imagine what the AOSPA Team and AK Team is going to bring to the table.

Click "Show Content" For Links To My Custom Kernel Settings Thread and Official Google+ Community

Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post44514476
Nephilim's Android Resource Community on Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/...81984046422598
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rrohanjs
Old
Thanks Meter 1,378
if its by lg and samsung not me , i want some good quality body like by moto and sony , had enough of plastic since nexus s, miss my moto milestone so much
" Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return "

Nexus 4
Rom - Purity+
Kernel - hells doctor 2

Nephilim
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 9,257

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrohanjs View Post
if its by lg and samsung not me , i want some good quality body like by moto and sony , had enough of plastic since nexus s, miss my moto milestone so much
Not a fan of LG but Samsung makes a quality phone in a lightweight container. I have never liked Motorola, always found their devices to be crap (just my opinion though). Sony or HTC for the next Nexus device and I'll be a happy camper. Although, I will get one if Samsung makes it again too.

Who am I kidding, if it's a nexus device google oversees the whole process so I will buy it regardless of the brand.

Click "Show Content" For Links To My Custom Kernel Settings Thread and Official Google+ Community

Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post44514476
Nephilim's Android Resource Community on Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/...81984046422598
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zepius
Old
Thanks Meter 1,078
depends on who makes it, but as of now, i plan on it.
Go back to stock on your nexus 5 using this guide: here

Tired of paying too much money for your phone plan? go prepaid!

Save money on refills for your prepaid plans: Use Callingmart

-Zep
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zepius For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jadephyre
Old
Thanks Meter 277
Depends on wether LG will make it... if so, then no, I will not buy the new Nexus.
Any other company like Samsung, Motorola or Sony or even HTC though would be fine by me.
Phone: LG Nexus 4 16GB, running Android 4.4 KitKat KRT16S
Tablet: Asus Nexus 7 32Gb WiFi, running Android 4.4 KitKat KRT16S
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jadephyre For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

turdbogls
Old
Thanks Meter 240

DONATE TO ME
chances are, I will be there. but it all depends. the nexus 4 is a great device, but i am assuming the 2013 nexus is going to be 5"1080P, quad core, 13mp camera, huge battery, 2+GB ram ect. its going to be hard to stay away from it....no matter who makes it.
Current Devices:
Nexus 5
Nexus 7 (2013)
Moto G (VZW)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to turdbogls For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deepayanneogi
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Me planning for sure, hope 2013 nexus will be 1080p with a monster battery and PA team maintains it
The Following User Says Thank You to deepayanneogi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djluis48
Old
Thanks Meter 231
Im planning on it too. I skipped the Nexus 4 for the same reasons. I hope its worth the waiting.
Phone: LG G2
ROM: ~ Trying ROMs ~
Kernel: ~ Trying Kernels ~
The Following User Says Thank You to djluis48 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
WiredPirate Old
Thanks Meter 0
Prob not me. My next phone will have one of those monster batteries like the Note or Maxx does. That + unloackable bootloader + active dev comminuty will be priorities on my next phone purchase. But I'm not in much of a hurry right now.

063_XOBX
Old
Thanks Meter 1,751
Default Re: Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this y

I'm more interested in what chip is going to be in it. The S4 is already dated so I'm curious what Google is going to use for a fHD display device.
Use this LINK to join Dropbox and gain an extra 500mb. Oh and I get it too!

Buy and Sell Bitcoins on Coin Base Free $5.00 worth of BItcoins with your first $100+ purchase

I DO NOT answer technical question via PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to 063_XOBX For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]