Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,453 Members 41,548 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this year?

Tip us?

CaliTilt
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Default Re: Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this y

The next Nexus phone will not be a LG phone Google will rotate to another manufacturer. I will wait for Nexus 5. I don't think that I will ever buy a non Nexus device again unless the Ubuntu phone really takes off.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
__________________________________________________ _
Galaxy Nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to CaliTilt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

deepayanneogi
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Moto X will not be a nexus programme, no direct aosp support and stock fastboot images, but a very close vanilla rom so quick upgrade path from Moto(<fingers crossed>)

Nephilim
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 9231

DONATE TO ME
Honestly, I'm hoping for either a Sony, HTC or Samsung Nexus, preferably Sony. I like their sleek designs and I think if they were working with Google on the next Nexus model we would be in store for not only an amazing looking device but one with some really beautiful specs.

Click "Show Content" For Links To My Custom Kernel Settings Thread and Official Google+ Community

Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post44514476
Nephilim's Android Resource Community on Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/...81984046422598

crixley
Old
Thanks Meter 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
Honestly, I'm hoping for either a Sony, HTC or Samsung Nexus, preferably Sony. I like their sleek designs and I think if they were working with Google on the next Nexus model we would be in store for not only an amazing looking device but one with some really beautiful specs.
I find sonys newer designs kind of ugly, the xperia u for example. I don't like how boxy it is with sharp corners

Nephilim
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 9231

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by crixley View Post
I find sonys newer designs kind of ugly, the xperia u for example. I don't like how boxy it is with sharp corners
I think it could look amazing with googles touch though. Look at the Nexus 4 as opposed to the Optimus G, they are exactly the same phone internally but Googles is way better looking.

Click "Show Content" For Links To My Custom Kernel Settings Thread and Official Google+ Community

Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post44514476
Nephilim's Android Resource Community on Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/...81984046422598

crixley
Old
Thanks Meter 1041
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim View Post
I think it could look amazing with googles touch though. Look at the Nexus 4 as opposed to the Optimus G, they are exactly the same phone internally but Googles is way better looking.
I did like the look of older se phones like the arc and x10 though, so it definitely could be nice
The Following User Says Thank You to crixley For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
m.kochan10 Old
Thanks Meter
Actually, I don't mind if new Nexus will be Samsung again. I took off the cover case and realized that the build quality doesn't feel cheap at all and I really like it. It's lightweight, slimt and it's not gonna break whenever it hits the floor. I think that glass back is a stupid idea. Even though it looks more premium when it's new. I have never had any bigger problems with my Samsung devices. HTC handsets on the other hand had some stupid connectivity issues.
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

HAKA
Old
Thanks Meter 2204

DONATE TO ME
Nexus One is still the best in case of build quality, so I'll prefer an HTC Nexus or even a Sony Nexus.

electro`
Old
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
I wonder what would happen if Samsung and Motorola shared the title...
iPhone 5S - Current
Stock iOS 7.0.4

Galaxy Nexus - Previous Phone
Vanir KitKat

zeus.k1987
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default Re: Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this y

I'm in for this year's Nexus. I would love to see Sammy doing it again. But irrespective of the OEM I'm gonna buy it.

sent from my AOKP'd GneX using XDA