Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this year?

Search This thread

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
Hey all, I've been a member here on XDA for almost 3yrs now and I've frequented multiple sections depending on the device(s) I was/am using at the time.

I have to say, the Galaxy Nexus community is by far my favorite hands down.

So I ask, Who can I expect to see in the next nexus section when google releases the 2013 iteration of the Nexus Flagship Device?

I really am hoping a lot of you that I have grown to love chatting with all are there with me. I passed on the Nexus 4 because frankly, I don't see enough innovation over my Gnex to deem it worth purchasing, thus why I am waiting for the follow-up device we most likely can all expect come around November of this year.

I just cannot see myself getting anything but a Google flagship vanilla phone after owning this fantastic device, nothing compares to the development, themes, kernels etc available. Not to mention we get the newest versions of everything first as well.

Anyway, Who's gonna be in the new forum right there with me when the "Nexus 5 aka 2013 Nexus" arrives?

*on a sidenote, I can only imagine what the AOSPA Team and AK Team is going to bring to the table. :D

rrohanjs

Jan 22, 2011
mumbai
if its by lg and samsung not me :eek:, i want some good quality body like by moto and sony :good:, had enough of plastic since nexus s, miss my moto milestone so much :(

Nephilim

Aug 16, 2010
Milwaukee
if its by lg and samsung not me :eek:, i want some good quality body like by moto and sony :good:, had enough of plastic since nexus s, miss my moto milestone so much :(

Not a fan of LG but Samsung makes a quality phone in a lightweight container. I have never liked Motorola, always found their devices to be crap (just my opinion though). Sony or HTC for the next Nexus device and I'll be a happy camper. Although, I will get one if Samsung makes it again too.

Who am I kidding, if it's a nexus device google oversees the whole process so I will buy it regardless of the brand. :p

W

WiredPirate

Prob not me. My next phone will have one of those monster batteries like the Note or Maxx does. That + unloackable bootloader + active dev comminuty will be priorities on my next phone purchase. But I'm not in much of a hurry right now.

electro`

Oct 12, 2012
Garner
I honestly dont know what to expect. They could throw out anything like a thin phone with a 2.1 GHz processor and 6 GB ram. Who knows. I expect it to be innovative though.

Sent from my zapped Nexus

95Z28

Apr 29, 2011
If it's much bigger than the g'nex I'll stay away, otherwise I'll probably look to get one about midway through 2014 once my g'nex has given me a good 2 years of service.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Reactions: Nephilim

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver
Its 50/50 at this time. I want a monster battery and a fast processor. The Note3 is calling me. Unless that device is too big, then I guess nexus 5 it is or galaxy s4.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

jonnyg1097

Oct 1, 2010
Toronto
I will most likely be getting the next one also. I was still 50/50 on getting the Nexus 4 but since I wasn't able to purchase one at launch time, I made a deal with myself that if I wasn't able to get one by the end of January then I might as well wait for the next one...which I will be doing (unless something better comes out ( the xperia Z is calling my name though)).

So we shall see how it goes.

slayr76

Mar 26, 2012
perth
Nexus 5 will be my next phone, I gave up on nexus 4 because basically its completly based off the lg optimus g so nothing inspiring done on lg's part there an the fact it was impossible to get as it sold out then rumours they are ramping down production on them so soon after launching it, I just hope the nexus 5 won't be a repeat of the nexus 4 launching an sell out so quickly because of limited stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: zeus.k1987

tim2100

Jan 5, 2011
I don't post much, but this is what I have been thinking about lately.

I have had this Gnex for just over a year now and love the device. I have been trying different ROMs fairly often, and like that the software release is for the nexus first before other handsets.

So I will be getting the next nexus device regardless of who it is made by. With so many people upset by the quality of the current nexus 4, I really can't see Google leaving it the same quality for the next handset.

Also at the moment I don't feel the nexus 4 is enough of a step up from my nexus to warrant a change, but I think the next device will be. Just hope it is more than 16gb of storage.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Nephilim

skychan

Jul 11, 2011
Same here, don't feel N4 is a big enough improvement on my GNex, so I'm skipping it (like I skipped the Nexus S). Can't wait!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

negrobembon

Jul 17, 2011
panamá
Isn't the fifth one that motorolaX phone i've been hearing about? With the whole kevlar, huge battery and all that

I hope it is

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey all, I've been a member here on XDA for almost 3yrs now and I've frequented multiple sections depending on the device(s) I was/am using at the time.

I have to say, the Galaxy Nexus community is by far my favorite hands down.

So I ask, Who can I expect to see in the next nexus section when google releases the 2013 iteration of the Nexus Flagship Device?

I really am hoping a lot of you that I have grown to love chatting with all are there with me. I passed on the Nexus 4 because frankly, I don't see enough innovation over my Gnex to deem it worth purchasing, thus why I am waiting for the follow-up device we most likely can all expect come around November of this year.

I just cannot see myself getting anything but a Google flagship vanilla phone after owning this fantastic device, nothing compares to the development, themes, kernels etc available. Not to mention we get the newest versions of everything first as well.

Anyway, Who's gonna be in the new forum right there with me when the "Nexus 5 aka 2013 Nexus" arrives?

*on a sidenote, I can only imagine what the AOSPA Team and AK Team is going to bring to the table. :D
    Depends on wether LG will make it... if so, then no, I will not buy the new Nexus.
    Any other company like Samsung, Motorola or Sony or even HTC though would be fine by me.

Not a fan of LG but Samsung makes a quality phone in a lightweight container. I have never liked Motorola, always found their devices to be crap (just my opinion though). Sony or HTC for the next Nexus device and I'll be a happy camper. Although, I will get one if Samsung makes it again too.

Who am I kidding, if it's a nexus device google oversees the whole process so I will buy it regardless of the brand. :p
    depends on who makes it, but as of now, i plan on it.
    chances are, I will be there. but it all depends. the nexus 4 is a great device, but i am assuming the 2013 nexus is going to be 5"1080P, quad core, 13mp camera, huge battery, 2+GB ram ect. its going to be hard to stay away from it....no matter who makes it.