Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this year?

5th February 2013, 05:46 AM   |  #61  
OP Recognized Contributor
Flag Milwaukee
Thanks Meter: 9,296

6,634 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiznu

Passed on the N4 really want the new Nexus to be the one. Here's to hoping all the stars align and whoever builds it puts out a quality product with at least 16gb storage minimum.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

16gb is weak, with the iPhail having 32gb and 64gb we should at least get a device that can match that.
8th February 2013, 10:51 AM   |  #62  
Flag Miami
Thanks Meter: 73

707 posts
More
Have the nexus 4 and the galaxy nexus. The nexus 4 just doesn't wow me... I'm looking forward to the Motorola x phone. If they don't screw up the camera you can bet it will have more storage, great battery, great radios and great build quality.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Turb0wned For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th February 2013, 02:39 PM   |  #63  
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 265

210 posts
More
My first smartphone was the Nexus S and I just bought a Galaxy Nexus a month ago. I've been interested in Motorola phones but I heard they are a nightmare for the root community, also the Nexus 4 doesn't seem like such an upgrade from the Galaxy Nexus. I really, REALLY, hope the Nexus 5 (?) is gonne be Motorola's baby, because I can't see myself with a non-Nexus device now, and it would be the best match possible in my opinion.
10th February 2013, 01:05 AM   |  #64  
Thanks Meter: 154

678 posts
I wasn't sure, but for some reason now i know I'll be there....Wrong section, belongs in Q & A.....
Last edited by woody296; 10th February 2013 at 04:36 AM.
10th February 2013, 04:09 AM   |  #65  
Thanks Meter: 280

1,488 posts
More
Re: Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this y
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nephilim

One thing I honestly wish google would push on all OEM's is softkeys, after getting my Gnex there is absolutely no way I could see myself using another phone with hardkeys or capacitive keys. This makes my options very slim, I pretty much have to get a Nexus device. (not like I want anything else anyway though)

Oh man you said it. My other device has physical capacitive buttons and they are so hard getting used to again.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jordanishere For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 02:13 AM   |  #66  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 91

511 posts
More
this is a interesting debate i've had with myself actually.
i too, skipped on the n4 because it didnt seem that much more enticing than my already owned gnex and the fact that LG was behind it didnt help the cause either.

-hmm, i havent had much experience with motorola phones but they have been pushing out solid devices for quite some time now..

-sony seems to be a popular option among members, i would entertain this thought as well.

-htc is a decent company, i did own the nexus1 for quite some time though it did have its flaws, (isnt htc in the middle of lawsuits and or declaring bankruptcy? i thought i read about that somewhere)

-or who knows, maybe i'll hold off the urges and stick with my gnex until google stops pushing updates to it. (though im pretty sure gnex is guaranteed key lime and maybe android "L".)
The Following User Says Thank You to jt.one For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 07:26 AM   |  #67  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1,505

2,049 posts
More
Re: Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this y
I'll likely be there. I also agree with you, the Galaxy Nexus is one of the best devices I've used, but I also love my Skyrocket on CM10.1.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk HD
14th February 2013, 09:11 AM   |  #68  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 277

1,310 posts
More
AW: Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this y
@jt.one
I have not heard anything about bankruptcy, but they are certainly heading down that path if they continue to treat the dev-community with neglect (kernel source anyone ?) and generally producing lower quality handsets.
Because lets be honest, quality has taken a bit of a dive.

Sony however has improved massively in the eyes of many due to its commitment to the dev-community and the fact that shortly after release they let you unlock the bootloaders of their devices.

I would prefer Sony over HTC & Moto (Samsung ranks before those two as well).

sent from my Nexus 7
The Following User Says Thank You to jadephyre For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th February 2013, 10:21 AM   |  #69  
Flag perth
Thanks Meter: 245

1,191 posts
More
I would rather no phone at all than deal with LG or HTC crap.

Last edited by slayr76; 14th February 2013 at 10:53 AM.
18th February 2013, 06:16 PM   |  #70  
Thanks Meter: 411

1,171 posts
Neph, I will be there!

Every time I think I want to upgrade to something new and wonderful, you guys, i.e. you, Anarkia, mmuzzy, dariosf et al come up with stuff that makes my Gnex new again!

Looking forward to the next Nexus handset. I, too, declined to go with the N4.

MrC

The Following User Says Thank You to mrchambo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread

Top Threads in Galaxy Nexus General by ThreadRank