Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,619 Members 51,939 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this year?

Tip us?

Lazer Bear
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I'm one of those that skipped the N4 because of the lack of a clear advantage over my Gnex... and I'm pretty sure I'll be buying the next Nexus device, irrespective of the manufacturer.

Something I would love to see is a larger (5-ish) inch screen.. of course they would need to release a smaller version as well not to anger 50% of the XDA community.. hehe.

I think it's gonna be pretty interesting to see what Google will do with the naming once devices like the next N7 and next Nexus phone come out. Up to now they had it easy but I don't think they are willing to go the "Nexus 7 2" route like Samsung did, and don't think they will change the display size just because of that..
The Following User Says Thank You to Lazer Bear For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

daewond3r
Old
Thanks Meter 124
After my volume rocker died on my this past weekend I thought about getting the N4. So far I've abstained. I'm looking forward to more concrete details on the Moto X phone. I may be able to hold out for the next Nexus, but my track record of hanging on to a phone for over a year isn't very good.

Google Nexus 5

Set sail from Hawai'i nei, docked in Cali-for-ni-a
The Following User Says Thank You to daewond3r For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

djboi2011
Old
Thanks Meter 9
would love to upgrade.....if i have $$$$

dhollis72
Old
(Last edited by dhollis72; 25th February 2013 at 01:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 34
Default Re: Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this y

I broke my screen and digitizer on my GNEX and instead of fixing it I decided to get a nexus 4. The nexus 4 is a great phone but if there is nothing wrong with your GNEX then stay with it. It's not that big of an upgrade. The display is weird because colors look washed out like the nexus 7 until you look at a picture or a video then it's awesome and it looks better outside than the GNEX. Wireless charger is awesome though. GNEX to a nexus 4 is a sideways upgrade to me. I'm still gonna fix my GNEX but waiting on digitizers to come down in price.

Edit: screen does look bigger on nexus 4.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

helpme364
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I'll probably dive in with the next Nexus, or the GSIV.

szucsgf
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3763
Default Re: Who am I gonna be seeing in the fifth Nexus phones section come the end of this y

Well definitely be getting a Nexus 5. Nephilim, I greatly value your additions to the PA and AK forums. I'll be very happy to see you in the next Nexus forums.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to szucsgf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

eyeisdasteve
Old
Thanks Meter 193

I've been bouncing around phones. I had the GNex then had the evo lte, s3, optimus g.

But I still found myself drawn to this phone so I decided to get it again.

I'll probably get the new nexus device. As long as Sprint carries it.

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

If I have helped you in any way, click thanks

Nephilim
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 9221

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by szucsgf View Post
Well definitely be getting a Nexus 5. Nephilim, I greatly value your additions to the PA and AK forums. I'll be very happy to see you in the next Nexus forums.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Thank you for your kind words sir.

Sent from my AK Dummy Powered AOSPA Galaxy Nexus

Click "Show Content" For Links To My Custom Kernel Settings Thread and Official Google+ Community

Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post44514476
Nephilim's Android Resource Community on Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/...81984046422598

wedge905
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I looked at the Nexus 4, it is a very nice phone. But I was put off by the glass backside, too much potential for breakage. I think the advantages over the Gnex are clear but not enough to warrant a new phone purchase so soon. I knew before I even saw it, that there would only be a tiny chance I would buy one of those.

When the Nexus 5 comes out I will be checking it out with great interest. As of right now, I'd say it's 50/50 if I will get one. I also want to start developing for multiple platforms, so I may put my money into a BB10, or a WP8. Especially since the Gnex is supposed to get Key Lime Pie, I'll still have access to the latest Android without needing to upgrade hardware. It's really big a wait and see game for me right now.

jimmyhook
Old
Thanks Meter 102

If Google wanted to do something that's good for us and them, they'd strike a deal with Canonical to produce a Nexus that dual boots Ubuntu and Android out of the box.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

The Following User Says Thank You to jimmyhook For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]