Android OS & Ubuntu Phone OS
So, as the title says, here is a guide about how to be able to boot Android OS and Ubuntu Phone OS whenever you want, without loosing your data of both systems; concretely, CM 10.1 and Ubuntu Phone OS. If you don't want to fail in the process, read the whole post.
BIG THANKS TO BEIDL! He make it real this project, ALL THANKS FOR HIM!
If you want to boot Ubuntu (For example) you will have to flash a file and viceversa.
We are not responsible of bricking your Nexus!
We will try to improve this progress in a near future
NOTE: This is an experimental way to have both systems without wiping, MAKE A BACKUP before you continue and, if something is wrong with this guide, post it and we will try to correct it.
What you need is...
- CM 10.1 Nightly
- Ubuntu Phone OS files [quantal-preinstalled-armel+maguro.zip (4,6 MB) and quantal-preinstalled-phablet-armhf.zip (481 MB)]
Folow this steps:
- Flash CM 10.1 (Lastest Nightly recomended) -> You will have working CyanogenMod.
- Flash Ubuntu Phone OS without wiping (Both files, first armel+maguro and then phablet) -> Now, you will have working Ubuntu Phone OS
- Now you have both systems in the same ROM; so, if you want to come back to one of them...
- For Ubuntu Phone OS -> Flash once again armel+maguro.img
- For Android OS -> Flash your favourite kernel and, if it doens't work, flash the whole CM 10.1 ROM again (Doens't take a long time)
So, once again, all credits for Beidl!
NOTE: If you want to see how Beidl achieve it read this thread.