[GUIDE] Boot Android OS & Ubuntu OS without Wiping
Boot them without wiping anything
Android OS & Ubuntu Phone OS
So, as the title says, here is a guide about how to be able to boot Android OS and Ubuntu Phone OS whenever you want, without loosing your data of both systems; concretely, CM 10.1 and Ubuntu Phone OS. If you don't want to fail
in the process, read the whole post.
BIG THANKS TO BEIDL!
He make it real this project, ALL THANKS FOR HIM!
If you want to boot Ubuntu (For example) you will have to flash a file
We are not responsible of bricking your Nexus!
We will try to improve this progress in a near future
This is an experimental
way to have both systems without wiping, MAKE A BACKUP
before you continue and, if something is wrong with this guide, post it and we will try to correct it.
What you need
Folow this steps
- Flash CM 10.1 (Lastest Nightly recomended) -> You will have working CyanogenMod.
- Flash Ubuntu Phone OS without wiping (Both files, first armel+maguro and then phablet) -> Now, you will have working Ubuntu Phone OS
- Now you have both systems in the same ROM; so, if you want to come back to one of them...
- For Ubuntu Phone OS -> Flash once again armel+maguro.img
- For Android OS -> Flash your favourite kernel and, if it doens't work, flash the whole CM 10.1 ROM again (Doens't take a long time)
So, once again, all credits for Beidl
If you want to see how Beidl
achieve it read this thread.