5,606,650 Members 36,701 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE]How to fix LTE Issues.

Tip us?

Jimlarck
Old
(Last edited by Jimlarck; 13th November 2012 at 09:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1166
Default [GUIDE]How to fix LTE Issues.

If you live in an LTE area and you still aren't getting LTE its maybe because your 3G signal is stronger than your 4G signal. Toroplus Galaxy Nexus were programmed to only stick with the most stable connection.

To check if you're area has LTE coverage go here.

If you seem to have LTE Coverage and you aren't getting 4G LTE then it may be because of your 3G.

Here are some possible fixes.

Use CM10 Settings

-Screenie Taken With CM10 Jellybro

After you Enable it , try enabling it several times and then once it sticks. Reboot. You should be using LTE.
THE ONLY ISSUE WITH THIS IS THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE CALLS OR TEXTS. (unless using a texting/calling app like textplus)

Use Dialer Codes

If you do not have a CM10 Rom you may enable LTE Only using dialer codes. The Dialer Code is
*#*#DATA*#*# (or *#*#3282*#*#).You will enter Data Programming.

Enter Edit Mode.
. You will need your MSL. To get your MSL you can use the MSL Script (Please leave -viperboy- some thanks.). Follow the Instructions in the MSL Script thread.

Once you have your MSL and are in Edit Mode do this.
Go to Others/More, (sometimes its in HDR/1X Selection) and Choose LTE only. (If you can't find it. Disable Data Connection and go to Advanced, scroll all the way down and you should see LTE Status. Enable this but make sure CDMA stays off.) Then Reboot.

(Note this method may not work for many people. Sorry :c)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripartist1 View Post
OK well neither way was working for me and I couldn't get my Msl... but I found an alternate method that should work on non rooted gnexs!
Open the dialer
Type *#*#4636#*#*
It should open a menu
Select phone information
Scroll to the bottom
Find the drop down menu that says lte/CDMA auto (Prl)
Select lte only in the drop down menu
If it doesn't switch to 4g within 10 seconds, select the turn off radio, wait 5 seconds and turn it back on
If it still doesn't work toggle between lte and auto mode a few times
Repeat the last 3 steps until it switches (shouldn't take more than a few tries)
Enjoy!
To switch back repeat all steps, but instead of lte select lte/CDMA.
As I said, this should also work on non rooted gnexs, but who's on xda with a non rooted phone?

Alright guys, I was working on ways to make LTE connectivity work better and found a quick "solution" it isn't quite the best solution but it surely does make LTE faster. Alrighty, first you need to know your MSL(scroll up to see the link where you can find the MSL reader script by -viperboy-) You can also in case you can't use the script somehow you can call Sprint and call.

Anyways, assuming you have the MSL, type *#*#DATA#*#* (*#*#3282*#*#)

Click Edit, then type in your MSL. You should see something that says BSR, click it, and on it, you'll see something like LTE_scan 120 (Don't quite remember)
Change the 120 to a 5, or just 50, 20, whatever, as long as you think is a good amount. Well what you are doing is changing the next scan interval by 5 seconds, so if LTE is on, but 3G is connected instead of waiting 120 seconds to begin the next scan it'll begin a new LTE scan in 5 seconds or the selected time. My guess is that it will kill your battery faster as long as LTE is connected but you have 3G, but cannot really tell a difference, it may vary for users actually.

Sorry guys for such a small and information/screenie-lacking How-to, when I get home I'll try to post some screenshots and correct any errors.
Sprint for the coverage map.
Google for the links of the App.
fitsnugly for Jellybro :P (Which is my daily and rom used to take screenshots from)

---------
If I helped in any way please leave a thanks. If you don't have this issue but think this is helpful as a reference leave a thanks also.
---------
This thread was made for Toro+ users but can be used by others. I don't know if it'll work or not but try it at your own risk.
For if you want a CM10-based rom I highly recommend Jellybro. Its nice and smooth and reliable.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Jimlarck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

schreibman
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I follow you untill:
"Go to Others/More, (sometimes its in HDR/1X Selection) and Choose LTE only."
Screenshot of my selections, which do not include LTE Only:

Hybrid
CDMA
EVDO
EHRPD 1x
EHRPD Only

Toroplus Sprint Galaxy Nexus
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-09-05-16-59-17.jpg
Views:	1462
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	1304942  

Jimlarck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1166
Like I said. Most of the times the feature isn't there at all

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jimlarck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sleek69
Old
Thanks Meter 72
I like the part where you say you can't send texts or make phone calls. Why would we need to do that? Who would use their phone to do that anyway?
The Following User Says Thank You to Sleek69 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jimlarck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1166
Sprint 3G is terrible for watching youtube videos and downloading files. Maybe you have a project and you need to download some files (personal experience). Screw Messaging and Calls for 2 minutes then enable CDMA again. Now go troll on another thread.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Jimlarck For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
sextape Old
Thanks Meter
What theme are you running?

Jimlarck
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1166
Handsfree CM10 from the play store

sextape Old
Thanks Meter
Quote: