Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 52,383 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Internal Memory Data Recovery - Yes We Can!

Tip us?

anirudhks
Old
Thanks Meter 851

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjkool3 View Post
Yes the PV and NC are in the bin folder, Antivirus is disabled and the windows UAC were disabled and I am logged in as administrator.

Again thanks for the replies.

ok for the next thing when you run adb shell and then run the SU do you see a pop up asking for root previelegs or screen flashes saying super user granter permission or you dont see anything at all ?

also make sure the path of the ADB is in the environment variables of the OS ..

rjkool3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default going slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudhks View Post
ok for the next thing when you run adb shell and then run the SU do you see a pop up asking for root previelegs or screen flashes saying super user granter permission or you dont see anything at all ?

also make sure the path of the ADB is in the environment variables of the OS ..
Yes I get the screen granting superuser access. Also the adb platform folder is in the path environment variable.

anirudhks
Old
Thanks Meter 851

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes I get the screen granting superuser access. Also the adb platform folder is in the path environment variable.
ok good so now have you correctly selected the partition which you want to recover , could you post a screnshot of al the disks that were identified in the fdisk command you ran ?

rjkool3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
ok good so now have you correctly selected the partition which you want to recover , could you post a screnshot of al the disks that were identified in the fdisk command you ran ?
I was unable to get Fdisk installed or if it is installed i couldn't find it and instead used a program on the phone to find out which partition it was.

This is the data it gave me:

mmcblk0
15028.00MB

mmcblk0boot0
2.00MB

mmcblk0boot1
2.00MB

mmcblkop1
60.00MB

mmcblk0p10
10.00MB

mmcblk0p11
13.62MB

mmcblk0p12
3.00MB

mmcblk0p13
3.00MB

mmcblk0p14
1500.00MB

mmcblk0p15
12532.00MB

mmcblk0p16
8.00MB

mmcblk0p17
840.00MB

...... There were more but they didn't seem important. #15 is the one with the user data that I'm trying to get, and the size matches exactly to what it should be for user data.

This is the command I typed to get the process started just for reference.

Lieu@Lieu-LAPTOP ~
$ adb forward tcp:5555 tcp:5555

Lieu@Lieu-LAPTOP ~
$ adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
su
root@android:/ # /system/bin/busybox nc -l -p 5555 -e /system/bin/busybox dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15

anirudhks
Old
Thanks Meter 851

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I was unable to get Fdisk installed or if it is installed i couldn't find it and instead used a program on the phone to find out which partition it was.

This is the data it gave me:

mmcblk0
15028.00MB

mmcblk0boot0
2.00MB

mmcblk0boot1
2.00MB

mmcblkop1
60.00MB

mmcblk0p10
10.00MB

mmcblk0p11
13.62MB

mmcblk0p12
3.00MB

mmcblk0p13
3.00MB

mmcblk0p14
1500.00MB

mmcblk0p15
12532.00MB

mmcblk0p16
8.00MB

mmcblk0p17
840.00MB

...... There were more but they didn't seem important. #15 is the one with the user data that I'm trying to get, and the size matches exactly to what it should be for user data.

This is the command I typed to get the process started just for reference.

Lieu@Lieu-LAPTOP ~
$ adb forward tcp:5555 tcp:5555

Lieu@Lieu-LAPTOP ~
$ adb shell
shell@android:/ $ su
su
root@android:/ # /system/bin/busybox nc -l -p 5555 -e /system/bin/busybox dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p15

after you do adb shell and su , you can run the fdisk command to find the partition as sometimes the partition may be on a different path than /dev/block/ so the fdisk will actually give you the path as well

so run the command from the cygwin prompt itself after you run su .

" find /dev/block/platform/ -name 'mmc*' -exec fdisk -l {} \; "
The Following User Says Thank You to anirudhks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rjkool3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
after you do adb shell and su , you can run the fdisk command to find the partition as sometimes the partition may be on a different path than /dev/block/ so the fdisk will actually give you the path as well

so run the command from the cygwin prompt itself after you run su .

" find /dev/block/platform/ -name 'mmc*' -exec fdisk -l {} \; "
Aha so I was looking at the wrong path. Now to see if it eventually starts transferring.
(i tried hitting tab and/or enter key and it simply ends the command if i hit enter.)

After 3 minutes it still says 0B for the size

Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenGrab_NewPathMMC.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	41.4 KB
ID:	1726029

anirudhks
Old
Thanks Meter 851

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Aha so I was looking at the wrong path. Now to see if it eventually starts transferring.
(i tried hitting tab and/or enter key and it simply ends the command if i hit enter.)

After 3 minutes it still says 0B for the size

Attachment 1726029
ok that means there is a slight problem in the command , the pic is very small I cant see anythying much can you post individual screens?

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote:
ok that means there is a slight problem in the command , the pic is very small I cant see anythying much can you post individual screens?
also file size might be 0 till it completes , but there should be a speed of transfer on the other window which keeps fluctuating.. should not be 0b/s

rjkool3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Didn't realize it would be so hard to see the picture. The path is actually:

/Dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmcblk0p15

[ATTACH]Fdisk[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]Shell Command[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]Transfer[/ATTACH]

The transfer speed still says 0 after 18 or so minutes. Before when I would hold the enter key the transfer rate would increase up to 250... but would stay 0 otherwise.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fDisk_GS3_MMCpath.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	44.2 KB
ID:	1726038   Click image for larger version

Name:	ADB_Shell_pic.png
Views:	98
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	1726039   Click image for larger version

Name:	Transfer Progress.png
Views:	96
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	1726040  

anirudhks
Old
Thanks Meter 851

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Didn't realize it would be so hard to see the picture. The path is actually:

/Dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/mmcblk0p15

[ATTACH]Fdisk[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]Shell Command[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]Transfer[/ATTACH]

The transfer speed still says 0 after 18 or so minutes. Before when I would hold the enter key the transfer rate would increase up to 250... but would stay 0 otherwise.
This is 100% copy paste problem the command you put in there i am guessing is copy paste from a note pad , dont do that , type manually the whole command and see the magic

rjkool3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
This is 100% copy paste problem the command you put in there i am guessing is copy paste from a note pad , dont do that , type manually the whole command and see the magic
What makes you think its a copy and paste? is the formatting in the window not right? I typed it from the posting. I didn't copy and paste it in. I've tried other partitions too and none of them want to transfer correctly for me. I've even tried multiple phones since mine is the same phone and still no go.

Tags
[guide], [howto]