[Guide][Window][Odin] Restore to Stock/Unbrick Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 to JB 4.3/4.2.2!

Search This thread
Jan 26, 2013
galaxy nexus

TENHO UM GALAXY NEXUS GT-I9250, ROOTEADO E QUANDO BAIXO QUAL QUER ROM NO SDCARD, PARA INSTALAR NO DISPOSITIVO, SE JA NO MODE RECOVERY OU COM A ROM MANAGER. APARECE AQUELE ROBÔ COM UM PONTO DE EXCLAMAÇÃO. A APERTO O BOTÃO DE DE LIGAR E O DE VOLUME + APARECE;

Android system recovery <3>
Volume up/down to move highlight;

reboot system now
apply update from ADB
apply update from USB drive
wipe data/factory reset
wipe cache partition

AI NÃO CONSIGO INSTALAR ROM NEM ROM NEM AQUIVO ZIP.
POR FAVOR ME AJUDE!!

UM GRANDE ABRAÇO E MUITO OBRIGADO!

JACKSON PAULINO

frischeis

Apr 8, 2013
After restoring sucessfully stock Rom i have when the device is booting up on the google screen the little white lock.

That means the bootloader is open.....right?

How can i closed easy the bootloader?

Or it is not possible?

I want to look realy stock!!

Khizar

Feb 28, 2012
After restoring sucessfully stock Rom i have when the device is booting up on the google screen the little white lock.

That means the bootloader is open.....right?

How can i closed easy the bootloader?

Or it is not possible?

I want to look realy stock!!

Flashing stock doesn't lock BL. You have to do it manually. If the padlock is open then BL is unlocked, it's it's closed then BL is locked.

To lock BL use the command "fastboot oem lock"..

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!
Due to the lack of mods, trolls can ruin the XDA forum's. Don't feed them...

frischeis

Apr 8, 2013
Flashing stock doesn't lock BL. You have to do it manually. If the padlock is open then BL is unlocked, it's it's closed then BL is locked.

To lock BL use the command "fastboot oem lock"..

Sent From My SM-N9005 To All You Wonder Nobodies!!

Thanks.
Bootloader is locked.
Ready for sale! :fingers-crossed:

alaniek

May 22, 2014
my nexus issue

I have come to doubt state due to the endless headaches that gave me my phone, despite not complain because it has given me excellent performance since I have (2 years).

USB Jig in hand running (the volume keys stopped working so she came to the usb jig)
Google Galaxy Nexus i9250.
Yakju - Google Android 4.3 Factory Image.
With infinite reboot problems.
Recovery Mode (upon entering recovery mode says "no command")
Odin Mode (Try mounting a stock yakju maguro 4.3 and reboot but apparently made ​​no changes).

kaotikking

Apr 9, 2009
Bronx, NY
I have come to doubt state due to the endless headaches that gave me my phone, despite not complain because it has given me excellent performance since I have (2 years).

USB Jig in hand running (the volume keys stopped working so she came to the usb jig)
Google Galaxy Nexus i9250.
Yakju - Google Android 4.3 Factory Image.
With infinite reboot problems.
Recovery Mode (upon entering recovery mode says "no command")
Odin Mode (Try mounting a stock yakju maguro 4.3 and reboot but apparently made ​​no changes).

I am guessing you cant boot into the system at all? I ask because i have followed this tutorial to the letter and I myself have the infinite bootloop. It will pass the google screen but 3 -5 seconds into the boot animation it reboots. I would love to figure out wtf is wrong. It just rebooted on me 2 days ago n hasn't booted the system since.

alaniek

May 22, 2014
I am guessing you cant boot into the system at all? I ask because i have followed this tutorial to the letter and I myself have the infinite bootloop. It will pass the google screen but 3 -5 seconds into the boot animation it reboots. I would love to figure out wtf is wrong. It just rebooted on me 2 days ago n hasn't booted the system since.

Well guy, I have been the same problem and I don't know what is the solutions but now the problem is that the OS don't advance after of Nexus logo.

I tried with Nexus root toolkit
I tried with Fastboot Mode
I tried with Android SDK
I tried with Galaxy nexus toolkit
I tried with ODIN mode

I give up.. :(:crying:

moizsami

Jun 23, 2011
cairo
OnePlus 7T
Hey, I have got a galaxy nexus in my hand which is stuck at cyanogenmod logo, it bootloops everytime I try to open it, So I am trying to use odin to revert it to stock but whenever I connect the phone to my PC while in Download mode the ID:COM box does NOT turn into blue.
-I have installed kies .
-I disable it before using odin
- I have installed Samsung USB driver 1.4.0 sepparately .

Still cant cant connect the phone to my PC

I aslo tried through ADB to push a file to recovery but it shows no device connected.

Note:
- I can go into download mode
- I can go into Custom recovery
- I dont have any rom files on my phone to flash
- I had NEVER connected the phone to this PC when the phone was working.

Please help me with any suggestions to fix tmy phone . Thanks in advance.

jo539h

Apr 4, 2012
Phone Stuck on Google logo with blackground

Hello Everyone,

First of all thank you for your post. My nephew phone was constantly rebooting after he performed OTA update. Did some search online and did a factory reset from bootloader then wiped the cache. The phone then will be stuck on Google logo. I've tried leaving it on for few hours and still nothing.

I came across this forum and followed the step by step instruction on how to Restore to stock ROM. Tried couple of the images but Odin shows failed. Finally one of them worked and the phone rebooted after it was complete. Now the phone is still stuck on Google screen.

What am I doing wrong? Please Help.

Thanks in advance.

Phone: GT-I9250M
Carrier: Wind Mobile Canada

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:23 AM ----------

Hello Everyone,

First of all thank you for your post. My nephew phone was constantly rebooting after he performed OTA update. Did some search online and did a factory reset from bootloader then wiped the cache. The phone then will be stuck on Google logo. I've tried leaving it on for few hours and still nothing.

The phone is completely stock. Not rooted and no custom rom

I came across this forum and followed the step by step instruction on how to Restore to stock ROM. Tried couple of the images but Odin shows failed. Finally one of them worked and the phone rebooted after it was complete. Now the phone is still stuck on Google screen.

What am I doing wrong? Please Help.

Thanks in advance.

Phone: GT-I9250M
Carrier: Wind Mobile Canada

Younex

Aug 14, 2014
As for thanks !

Used all my 8 thanks :)
Couldn't boot on fastboot, used Odin and another thread and now I'm on ICS with data wiped... but I already did transfere everything to my laptop.
I was too late to use your work, but it will now help me getting 4.3 instead of NRT, thanks :)

shah.jimish

Apr 13, 2013
Mumbai
Cant flash using Odin

Hello,

I have Gnex GSM Maguro, Yakju rooted, using stock 4.3 but installed Xposed module

About two days back my phone started rebooting and battery started draining drastically

My phone reboots till my homepage and restarts again. This happens again and again

I have tried going stock by using Wugs Nexus root toolkit but to no avail.

Than as a last resort I used Odin but half way through it freezes and shows 'FAIL'. This has happened many times and I have tried Odin by changing usb ports

I have been using original USB cable which came with the phone

My phone is my daily driver and am stuck without any phone.

Someone please help me out

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 PM ----------

Try using different version of Odin. Worked for me but I have another problem...:(

Hey, I have got a galaxy nexus in my hand which is stuck at cyanogenmod logo, it bootloops everytime I try to open it, So I am trying to use odin to revert it to stock but whenever I connect the phone to my PC while in Download mode the ID:COM box does NOT turn into blue.
-I have installed kies .
-I disable it before using odin
- I have installed Samsung USB driver 1.4.0 sepparately .

Still cant cant connect the phone to my PC

I aslo tried through ADB to push a file to recovery but it shows no device connected.

Note:
- I can go into download mode
- I can go into Custom recovery
- I dont have any rom files on my phone to flash
- I had NEVER connected the phone to this PC when the phone was working.

Please help me with any suggestions to fix tmy phone . Thanks in advance.

madgreen

Apr 1, 2011
hi people

can anyone update download links in first post? Files not exists anymore

thanks in advance

Odin.stock Gnex_wipe_ jwr66y_I9250 4.3
Odin.stock Gnex_wipe_ jwr66v_I9250 4.3
Odin.stock Gnex_wipe I9250 4.2.2
Odin.stock Gnex_non_wipe I9250 4.2.2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :cowboy:
    This method will restore your Galaxy Nexus GSM i9250 phone back to 100% complete stock (Jelly Bean 4.3 or 4.2.2 takju) even if you are on yakju or other builds. It will unroot your phone and get rid of Custom Recovery.
    Use this method if you want to get back to complete stock or if you brick your phone or if, for some reasons, the phone can not boot into fastboot mode.

These Odin packages are packed and tested by me using stock images.

!!!DO NOT TRY IT ON OTHER VARIANTS!!!​

Do it at your own risk! if you follow this guide properly u will be on the safe side ;)

samsung-galaxy-nexus-new.jpg

Note: the wipe package will delete all data including sdcard on your phone so BACKUP all important files to your computer.​

Before we proceed, make sure:

1-You have installed your Samsung Galaxy Nexus USB drivers on your PC (the easiest way is to install kies).
    2-You need to enable USB debugging mode which is deactivated by default.(you can skip it :D)
    3-Your Nexus should have 70-80% charge remaining.
    4-Make sure that kies program is not running & disable antivirus.
    This guide is only for Galaxy Nexus GSM I9250. So don’t bother to try it on other devices.

Samsung-Galaxy-Nexus-genuine-white.jpg

How to do it:​

Step 1) download one of the three packages below and unzip it, you will find 3 main files.

Step 2) Turn OFF your mobile and go to Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down followed by Power button until you see "Downloading..." on the screen.

Step 3) Now open ODIN on your PC and connect your Nexus to your computer.

Step 4) Once your phone is successfully connected to your PC, the ID:COM box on ODIN will turn blue and will show the COM port number.

Step 5) Click on "PIT" and find/select "I9250_partition-table-0915.pit" from the unzipped file (do this step only if you have a corrupted partition table).

Step 6) Click on "PDA" and find/select the tar.md5 file from the unzipped file.

Step 7) Leave Boxes in "option" (at the left side) marked as they are by default (do not mark re-partition if you did not choose the pit file).

Step 8) Click "Start" and wait for about 10 minutes for the process to complete.

DO NOT UNPLUG USB CABLE WHILE EXECUTING THE PROCESS, YOU MAY BRICK YOUR PHONE!​
    Step 9) Once the process is complete you will be on the 100% complete stock Jelly Bean 4.3 or 4.2.2 for your Galaxy Nexus GSM. you read a "PASS". your phone will restart.

Step 10) Turn off your phone, boot into recovery, wipe cache partition, reboot. :good:​

Download Links:​

Odin troubleshooting: If Odin accidentally gives you "fail" try the following:
    - Repeat procedure.
    - Make sure that all actions of Kies are disabled from task manager.
    - Change usb port.
    - Try another usb cable (make sure it is the original).
    - Try another Odin version.
    - Uninstall and re-install driver.
    - Use pit file.
    - Try another computer.

Please hit THANKS button and rate the thread ;)
    Thx for the topic

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

you are welcome
    Re: [Guide][Window][Odin] Restore to Stock/Unroot Galaxy Nexus GSM I9250 to Jelly Bea

Thanks! But why would anyone revert back to stock...?

There is so many reasons... Ex. Get back the warranty, something goes wrong with the custom rom, bootloop, sell the phone...;)

thanks,but i always preferred fastboot to odin in a nexus device,it's why i never used it on gnex
    ..i always leaved odin to samsung OEM users!Anyways,thanks for the time mate!;)

fastboot is always preferred and safer, you can use this method if u soft brick ur Nexus and u cant get into fastboot mode (for example keys combination not working so u can use a usb jig to get into download mode or adb command not working ....)

Great guide ,thank you for effort spent and time to make it as easy as it could be
    Is this method works fine with the official 4.2

yes it works on all versions. but it flashs JB 4.1.1
    Re: [Guide][Window][Odin] Restore to Stock/Unroot Galaxy Nexus GT-I9250 to Jelly Bean

do i sill can go into fastboot mode after flashing via odin?

Yes :thumbup:

You are doing a very good job on xda! RC is waiting for you with open arms :):thumbup:

Sent from my Shining Nexus using AK DIAMOND ED.

Thx for your support my friend.