Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,307 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] Smartphone Service for just $30/month

Tip us?

codesplice
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 957
*bump*

Updated the first post with a slight tweak I made to my Tasker profiles today, and a few more (grossly oversized, sorry about that...) pictures.

KL4V1CL3
Old
Thanks Meter 33
T-Mobile USSD code #min# (#646#) doesn't appear to work. Anybody have any other codes to check minutes using prepaid widget?

Thanks.

diablos991
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Great writeup!

I just paid my ETF and cancelled my line today.

T-mobile is porting my existing number over to my pre-paid line tonight and I will then port the number to GV. No change of number for me!

Thank you very much for the tasker profiles, this will save me lots of time figuring it out.

codesplice
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL4V1CL3 View Post
T-Mobile USSD code #min# (#646#) doesn't appear to work. Anybody have any other codes to check minutes using prepaid widget?

Thanks.
Unfortunately, I haven't found a good way to track minute usage except for logging onto the My Account page. The #MIN# USSD code seems to only work for postpaid customers.

The two that I use are:
#932# - Data used
#225# - Balance ($), Renew date, Renew price
The Following User Says Thank You to codesplice For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

harveydent
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablos991 View Post
Great writeup!

I just paid my ETF and cancelled my line today.

T-mobile is porting my existing number over to my pre-paid line tonight and I will then port the number to GV. No change of number for me!

Thank you very much for the tasker profiles, this will save me lots of time figuring it out.
Wouldn't it have been easier to port your existing TMo number to Google Voice, skipping porting to prepaid entirely?

martonikaj
Old
Thanks Meter 1714
Quote:
Originally Posted by diablos991 View Post
why didn't you just port directly to Google Voice?
Quit signing contracts, stop overpaying for service, GO PREPAID!
Follow me on Twitter / Google+
Don't have Dropbox yet? Sign up from this link, and we both get more storage!

bobsbbq
Old
(Last edited by bobsbbq; 11th May 2012 at 12:20 AM.)
Thanks Meter 353

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by codesplice View Post

Back at the Tasker Profiles screen, you should see your GVoice Airplane Toggle profile listed. Tap the name once to expand the profile (so that you can see some of your task described on the right), long-press on the task (which starts with "HTTP Get..."), and select "Add Exit Task. This is the action that will be performed when the Context is no longer satisfied - when you are no longer connected to a Wifi network. This Task just needs two very simple actions - press the "+" button to add an action, and then choose Net --> Airplane Mode --> Set Off. Press the "+" again, choose Variable --> Variable Clear and select our %GVAM variable that we defined earlier. Clearing this gives the system an easy way to check and see if our Profile is active.
Thanks so much codesplice for this. I know it is going to help many people including myself.

OK 1 question outlined in bold. When I longpress on the HTTP GET I don't have any option for add exit task. I have cut, copy, insert Action only. How did you get the exit task?

EDIT never mind I finally figured it out.
HTC One T-Mobile version
Current ROM: Stock
Carrier: Solavei

Own your Cell service. Say no to contracts and take charge of your service.

**If you like my work click: Donations Here**

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE USE THE THANKS BUTTON BELOW THE POST:

diablos991
Old
Thanks Meter 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by harveydent View Post
Wouldn't it have been easier to port your existing TMo number to Google Voice, skipping porting to prepaid entirely?
I was on the phone with T-Mobile talking about the ETF anyway and they just switched it to pre-paid.

In hindsight, I am trying to think of how this will work (getting my number to Google Voice). I am imagining this will cancel my prepaid account and then I will have to activate another one again.

I'm just winging it here!

rboone18
Old
Thanks Meter 18
This article brought prepared widget to light for me thanks I now use it on my att contract line

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

colonelcack
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Great guide. Can you please share your Groove IP settings?