5,601,298 Members 58,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HOW do you show off your Galaxy Nexus Phone?

Tip us?

The Nexus Project
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 30

DONATE TO ME
Carbon Fiber Ghost Armor, Modded everything

Sent from my i9250 [GSM) Galaxy Nexus

blockbusta
Old
Thanks Meter 97
i don't really show it off. I just put it out once an hour to check and reply to e-mails and everybody starts asking me what phone this is and how much it cost, if they could have it for a minute, etc....
GALAXY S--> GALAXY NEXUS --> GALAXY S3 --> ONE X --> MOTO G

MattSkeet
Old
Thanks Meter 118
Switch on what other phones don't have
-1. Set a lot of Widgets especially scrollable before you show it off
0. Take it off the case/cover etc
1. Change to face unlock or quad lock screen and pass it on the person or go straight from the lock screen to the app
2. Run something by using voice actions
3. Take few fast decent photos with a camera
4. Send a text msg using dictation
5. Switch tasks
6. Use nicely optimized app for ics eg friendcaster
7. Lock the screen (crt animation has a big wow factor among iPhone users)

8. If youre at home have it connected to the computer and transfer music or anything from/to

In that order it always works ...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

moneyslap03
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Usually The Google Wallet Gets Them, The Whole McDonalds know me now because I go there on my Lunch break, theyre like here goes the kid with The Phone lol
I wish more retailers would get Google Wallet/Paypass , and Google Wallet Get Visa , if not imma have to open a CitiBank Account
PAST
T-Mobile Wing
T-Mobile G1 (Rooted)
T-Mobile MyTouch 4G (Permaroot S=OFF)
LOST PHONE
2nd MyTouch 4G (S-On)
DIED trying to Downgrade
HTC Sensation(S-OFF Rooted)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus(Rooted)
CURRENT
Nexus 4 16GB
The Following User Says Thank You to moneyslap03 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

skynet11
Old
Thanks Meter 550
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLHYHL View Post
be careful not putting your phone away in public places if you're living in the cities.

i live in philadelphia, PA, and few people that i know had SGSII and GNex and what not, and they never put their phone away so they could show it off

one day, someone snatched the phone off of their hand and ran away. on the streets lol

from what i heard, it's usually teenagers who do this..

they usually wander around in packs, searching for prey....

i might be wrong, but it wouldn't make me any happier if i showed off my phone to total strangers, either intentionally or unintentionally
I also live in Philadelphia, and I don't show off my phone because if I do, I'm only encouraging someone to steal it or rob me of it. So far I've managed to be able to use it in view of others without being asked about it, and I'd like to keep it that way. Showing off your Gnex in Philadelphia is just asking for trouble - it's unfortunate but that's the reality of living in a major city. This particular city is also famous for flash mobs of teenagers who seem to live to cause trouble. A couple of times they nearly shut down Center City (Philadelphia's downtown area), and it can get very dangerous here.

Terminators run on Android - except the ones I sent to find John Connor o_O

LuffyPSP
Old
Thanks Meter 159
i dont need my Gnex or SGS2 to impress other people. I can just take my sister's wildfire s and my Desire and show them the custom launcher + their swipe/gesture action. Thats all and they are amazed already. and thats only 0.0001% of android feature.

oh well, if i shown anyone my Gnex and SGS2, most of them converted from BB, Nokia, SE and iphone as soon as they have money. True Story on this part. I have about 12 people around me buying an Android despite using BB and iphone. One of them even sold their BB and iphone to get a SGS2.

Current Active Device : Google Nexus 5 D821 32GB
Previous Device : HTC One M7 64GB, Nexus 7 2013 32GB LTE, Google Nexus 4 16GB, HTC One X 32GB, Google Galaxy Nexus 16GB, Google Nexus S 16GB, Asus Transformer TF101, Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB, HTC Desire