Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 47,689 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Return to stock for ALL Galaxy Nexus phones (latest JWR66Y)

Tip us?

fpbasilio
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant View Post

B. Backup your data

3) Once you have backed up your data, you may want to back up your current build (not required). If so, follow the instructions in this thread.
Sir, Any step by step procedure to restore the backup of the original build (yakjuxw)made from the steps on the link you provided? (much like a reverse process of this thread would be a great help.)

also, what is the difference between attachment platform tools v19.zip and fastboot and adb devices.zip on former thread?

Thanks

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8044

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpbasilio View Post
Sir, Any step by step procedure to restore the backup of the original build (yakjuxw)made from the steps on the link you provided? (much like a reverse process of this thread would be a great help.)
CWM will create a folder in /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup with your backup, which you would have copied/moved to your PC, right? So all you have to do to restore, is to move the folder back into /sdcard/clockworkmod/backup and boot into CWM and click restore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpbasilio View Post
also, what is the difference between attachment platform tools v19.zip and fastboot and adb devices.zip on former thread?

Thanks
They are the same files, just newer versions. For our purposes here, either would work fine.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

salive
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hey thanks man. works without problem step-by-step

smartdipu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation Galaxy Nexus from Unknown Country!!

Thanks for this neat and elaborate post. However I got my new Galaxy Nexus just yesterday and I just want to make sure nothing goes wrong. Here I go.

Samsung(or Google) never launched the Galaxy Nexus in India despite repeated promises. However just got mine from a seller(imported from some unknown country). The build is not yakju and neither any non yakju that you have listed. Here's all about it:

Android Version: 4.0.2
Baseband: I9250XXKK6
Kernel: 3.0.8-gaa2611 android-build@apa28 #1
Build: ICL53F.I9250JPLA1

My target: Update to latest Android 4.0.4 and make the phone usable, receive future OTAs

I am a Linux Admin and Nexus One owner, so I understand fastboot, adb etc well. I will be doing everything from my ubuntu machine. Now here are my questions:

Q-1: As this build ICL53B is not among your list of non yakju builds, can I go ahead with your steps?

Q-2: If yes, then all I need to download is https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aos...y-8001e72f.tgz right? And I believe everything that I need to flash are inside this tgz.

Q-3: As I want future OTAs, I am going to do all the optional steps in section D. After that do I need to worry anything about baseband for I want my phone to work in India?

Q-4: Do I ever need or need to worry about takju?

Q-5: I find it quite interesting that I can use "fastboot oem lock" to re-lock my bootloader(I guess it wasn't possible in Nexus One). Same way is it possible to revert everything back exactly to the state it is right now at a later point for warranty related claims?

Your help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8044

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartdipu View Post
[snip]

The build is not yakju and neither any non yakju that you have listed. Here's all about it:

Android Version: 4.0.2
Baseband: I9250XXKK6
Kernel: 3.0.8-gaa2611 android-build@apa28 #1
Build: ICL53F.I9250JPLA1
Not that it makes any difference, but I think that is the yakjujp or yakjudv build. If you really want to know, just open this file in a text editor and see what it says: /system/build.prop

Quote:
Q-1: As this build ICL53B is not among your list of non yakju builds, can I go ahead with your steps?
Absolutely, yes.
Quote:
Q-2: If yes, then all I need to download is https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aos...y-8001e72f.tgz right? And I believe everything that I need to flash are inside this tgz.
Yes!
Quote:
Q-3: As I want future OTAs, I am going to do all the optional steps in section D. After that do I need to worry anything about baseband for I want my phone to work in India?
The XXLA2 radio should work just fine in India. You could always try others, but just flash back to XXLA2 when the next OTA update arrives.
Quote:
Q-4: Do I ever need or need to worry about takju?
No. takju is essentially identical to yakju, just with Wallet and Offers pre-installed.
Quote:
Q-5: I find it quite interesting that I can use "fastboot oem lock" to re-lock my bootloader(I guess it wasn't possible in Nexus One). Same way is it possible to revert everything back exactly to the state it is right now at a later point for warranty related claims?
Yes. But I wouldn't lock until you need to return it (as if you ever have to unlock again, it will wipe everything, including /sdcard).
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

Google Nexus 5

chubiprince
Old
Thanks Meter 1
@smartdipu, we have the same build. Ours are yakjujp. Bought my Gnex in Saudi.

TRDArtz
Old
(Last edited by TRDArtz; 4th May 2012 at 08:44 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
after I flashed to 4.0.4 from Yakjuux to Yakju, my rogers wireless network won't work. does that mean I have to flash the base band back to a yakjuux one?

I can receive calls and talk on the phone but data won't work. I have data turned on.

Edit: I have flashed to UGLC1 yakjuux 4.0.4 radio but my mobile data still isn't functioning?! HELP

Edit: still have not fixed. I've flashed the baseband that came with 4.0.1 which I originally had (I'm on Rogers wireless)
I see full bars and 3G and H and upload arrow, but all the bars are grey, and I cannot access any type of data. I can only use data through my wifi.

Please help!

Cmmts
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I'm a total noob when it comes to flashing etc. Some help would be appreciated.

I'm currently on yakjuxw 4.0.2. Did I understand correctly that if I flash the radio and bootloader, I shouldnt worry about coming updates after that, just install them normally? If google decides to update them they update as well? But if I don't flash them I shouldn't install future updates?

smartdipu
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thank you very much for your reply. Your steps worked like charm!! :)

@chubiprince, thanks for the info. I was guessing it's from some Arab country seeing the arabic warranty card.

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8044

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDArtz View Post
after I flashed to 4.0.4 from Yakjuux to Yakju, my rogers wireless network won't work. does that mean I have to flash the base band back to a yakjuux one?

I can receive calls and talk on the phone but data won't work. I have data turned on.

Edit: I have flashed to UGLC1 yakjuux 4.0.4 radio but my mobile data still isn't functioning?! HELP

Edit: still have not fixed. I've flashed the baseband that came with 4.0.1 which I originally had (I'm on Rogers wireless)
I see full bars and 3G and H and upload arrow, but all the bars are grey, and I cannot access any type of data. I can only use data through my wifi.

Please help!
No, you did not have to change radios like you did.

What probably happened is that your APN settings did not get populated when you connected to the network (likely due to you using wi-fi before the Rogers network or something like that).

Go to Settings->More...->Mobile networks-?Access Point Names

Make sure that you have one in there called Rogers, with the APN set to: rogers-core-appl1.apn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmmts View Post
I'm a total noob when it comes to flashing etc. Some help would be appreciated.

I'm currently on yakjuxw 4.0.2. Did I understand correctly that if I flash the radio and bootloader, I shouldnt worry about coming updates after that, just install them normally? If google decides to update them they update as well?
Correct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmmts View Post
But if I don't flash them I shouldn't install future updates?
If you don't flash them, future updates may not install (but you can always flash the radio at a later date and then the update will install).

Google Nexus 5

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
how-to, stock, takju, yakju