[HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Return to stock for ALL Galaxy Nexus phones (latest JWR66Y)

17th February 2013, 05:25 PM   |  #1611  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant

As long as you don't flash the userdata image, you will NOT lose your apps/data.

thanks efrant, flashed back to 4.2.1 and everything updated like you said!
I guess i must have missed something the first time around.

Much appreciated, thanks again
19th February 2013, 04:29 PM   |  #1612  
Flag Sønderborg
Thanks Meter: 5

14 posts
More
Missing Developer Options???
Thanks efrant great post, worked like a charm.

However after i flasheh to 4.2.2 I cannot find "Developer options" under settings, am I blind or did they move it, or do I have to do something to add it?

Please answer swiftly need it to backup and root
19th February 2013, 04:32 PM   |  #1613  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juhler

Thanks efrant great post, worked like a charm.

However after i flasheh to 4.2.2 I cannot find "Developer options" under settings, am I blind or did they move it, or do I have to do something to add it?

Please answer swiftly need it to backup and root

go to setting>about phone and tap 7 times on build number
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samersh72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 04:35 PM   |  #1614  
Flag Sønderborg

14 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by samersh72

Thank you, you are my new Hero
The Following User Says Thank You to Juhler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 04:44 PM   |  #1615  
Flag Varna
Thanks Meter: 52

273 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by samersh72

This was so in stock Android 4.2, IIRC.
The Following User Says Thank You to killchain For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2013, 04:48 PM   |  #1616  
Flag Sønderborg

14 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by efrant

EDIT:
Notes:
1) For the n00bs: read the entire post before proceeding;
2) This method is EXACTLY the same as a "return to stock" method. If you follow this (including the optional steps in part D), you will be fully stock.
3) yakju is a generic build, meaning no specific localizations. There are reports that yakju does NOT contain certain dictionaries (such as Norwegian, Swedish, Danish, and possible others). So, if you currently have these dictionaries, and want to keep them, do not flash yakju or takju.
4) MacOS-specific instructions: a) replace fastboot in the steps below with ./fastboot-mac and b) no drivers required.

FYI I can confirm that Danish is in the yakju 4.2.2 package, just if anyone was wondering!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juhler For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd February 2013, 01:45 PM   |  #1617  
Flag Nærsnes
Thanks Meter: 3

29 posts
More
Smile Happy JDQ39 user
Thank you for making everything so clear. I took a long time reading everything through, followed the n00bs instructions for my yakjuxw, and am now a happy yakju user
Last edited by Cintra2; 24th February 2013 at 12:12 PM.
24th February 2013, 04:29 PM   |  #1618  
Thanks Meter: 6

26 posts
hi efrant and the other folks! ;P

i flashed the 4.2.2 factory image ,flashed twrp 2.4.1.0 recovery.img and rooted it , all via fastboot/adb. everything works!
in another thread you said that the 2 files(script and patch file) which rename my custom recovery DO NOT exist in the factory image from google( yeah i can'T find them in the /system folder^^). ( i rebooted my phone several times and still got my twrp recovery, no stock recovery overwrite it). so does it mean i'm fine, don't have to worry about losing my custom recovery and can start flashing custom roms now?^^
thank you in advance.
Last edited by sickmotion; 24th February 2013 at 04:31 PM.
24th February 2013, 04:36 PM   |  #1619  
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickmotion

hi efrant and the other folks! ;P

i flashed the 4.2.2 factory image ,flashed twrp 2.4.1.0 recovery.img and rooted it , all via fastboot/adb. everything works!
in another thread you said that the 2 files(script and patch file) which rename my custom recovery DO NOT exist in the factory image from google( yeah i can'T find them in the /system folder^^). ( i rebooted my phone several times and still got my twrp recovery, no stock recovery overwrite it). so does it mean i'm fine, don't have to worry about losing my custom recovery and can start flashing custom roms now?^^
thank you in advance.

those system files exist when you receive OTA update only. since you flashed 4.2.2 via fastboot, you are ok with your custom recovery
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to samersh72 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th February 2013, 05:49 PM   |  #1620  
Thanks Meter: 6

26 posts
i've got another question, sorry. -,-

i searched in this thread about installing the busybox after i rooted my device. it already has been said that it isn't necessary. some apps may need the busybox to work or get acces to some directions in the system. efrant does not mentioned in the OP that we need to install it, after we root our device.
so if an app ask for the busybox to be installed, which file/zip/app do you guys use?
are you simply install the busybox app from stericson on google play? ( that's what i found so far, but some toolkits like the galaxy nexus toolkit use some other busybox files, which don't create an extra app on your homescreen)
thank you.
Last edited by sickmotion; 24th February 2013 at 05:55 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
how-to, stock, takju, yakju
Previous Thread Next Thread