Post Reply

HTC One X VS OUR Nexus?

OP KLUVJ

27th February 2012, 01:17 AM   |  #21  
Serious_Beans's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 343
 
2,309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
The phone looks hot and all but I'll never move away from AMOLED technology, its way too nice compared to traditional LCD. Also yeah it has some nice tegra 3 power, but the Galaxy Nexus is an amazing phone, I'll be holding onto it until the next Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
27th February 2012, 01:21 AM   |  #22  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
467 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious_Beans

The phone looks hot and all but I'll never move away from AMOLED technology, its way too nice compared to traditional LCD. Also yeah it has some nice tegra 3 power, but the Galaxy Nexus is an amazing phone, I'll be holding onto it until the next Nexus.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

The Verge was practically gushing when talking about its LCD...
The Following User Says Thank You to dmmarck For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #23  
Serious_Beans's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 343
 
2,309 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmmarck

The Verge was practically gushing when talking about its LCD...

It still doesn't have pure blacks like the AMOLED screens do, I'm sure the colors are vibrant, possibly just as vibrant as it is on our phones and the text and images are probably more crisp but I'm used to the true blacks that only AMOLED can provide.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
27th February 2012, 01:37 AM   |  #24  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
122 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
So is the galaxy nexus going to last two years and not be an mp3 player before the two years is up? How long will it last?
27th February 2012, 01:39 AM   |  #25  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 77
 
467 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious_Beans

It still doesn't have pure blacks like the AMOLED screens do, I'm sure the colors are vibrant, possibly just as vibrant as it is on our phones and the text and images are probably more crisp but I'm used to the true blacks that only AMOLED can provide.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbry95

So is the galaxy nexus going to last two years and not be an mp3 player before the two years is up? How long will it last?

Who knows? A week? 4 months? 8 years? Can't predict technology. The only constant is terrible battery life .
27th February 2012, 01:43 AM   |  #26  
Member
Thanks Meter: 11
 
34 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolbry95

So is the galaxy nexus going to last two years and not be an mp3 player before the two years is up? How long will it last?

Just replace my nexus one with an galaxy nexus. Unless something comes out with 2x battery life, I see no reason to upgrade in the next two years.
27th February 2012, 01:46 AM   |  #27  
Senior Member
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 10
 
113 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Dennis_

Yes you will notice, same as dual core vs single core. With 1GB of data more resources can be loaded for the launcher. I like not having my launcher not have to be reloaded all the time.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Okay let's not over exaggerate. Going from 512mb ram to 1gb ram is NOT equal to single-core to dual-core.

Having 1GB of ram maybe helpful when you're running heavy apps but for regular use, it is not notable.

To clarify anyways, the One X and S have 1gb of ram. So the original post about it being 512mb is false anyways.
The Following User Says Thank You to jekyoo_style For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 01:51 AM   |  #28  
Senior Member
Flag Sheffield
Thanks Meter: 486
 
1,085 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
Donate to Me
More
No one mentioned about the camera!? Seriously... the camera is a beast in these new HTC.
The Following User Says Thank You to MrPhilo For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th February 2012, 02:01 AM   |  #29  
15israellai's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hong Kong
Thanks Meter: 34
 
329 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieb620

0_0
... Nexus s and Galaxy Nexus will be future proof. I'm only supporting Samsung they seem to be the only consistent company as far as devices.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

Yea the Nexuses are future-proof alright, but those quad core phones still make me envious... Especially now that Nvidia keeps showing off their technology, say battery saving and touch sensitivity.

And what do you mean by consistent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPhilo

No one mentioned about the camera!? Seriously... the camera is a beast in these new HTC.

Sigh I do want an amazing camera.

Blazing on my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium app
Last edited by 15israellai; 27th February 2012 at 02:19 AM.
27th February 2012, 02:09 AM   |  #30  
charlieb620's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,930
 
13,277 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2009
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 15israellai

Yea the Nexuses are future-proof alright, but those quad core phones still make me envious... Especially now that Nvidia keeps showing off their technology, say battery saving and touch sensitivity.

And what do you mean by consistent?

Blazing on my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium app

Putting out good product. LG fail, htc fail. I'm sure I'm not speaking for myself when I say people are waiting for the SGS3 more than what everyone else has to offer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium App

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy Nexus General by ThreadRank