Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

HTC One X VS OUR Nexus?

Tip us?

lazaro17
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by CongBroChill17 View Post
No disrespect to anyone here, but why are people surprised and shocked when newer tech comes out that trumps older tech? I'm not specifically saying the One X makes the Nexus outdated, I haven't researched it much, but isn't this the way tech works? If you're worried about it go out and buy the hot new thing, I'm sure looking forward to the 5.0 Nexus.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk
Exactly...and those who get the One X will be making a thread a few months later with "______ vs One X"

You guys should watch Transcendent Man with Ray Kurzweil on Netflix. Basically says since we are always using the latest (better technology) to create new technology the speed of our innovation is constantly accelerating faster than before.

ethan3686
Old
Thanks Meter 95
I find it funny when people here say that they got VANILLA ICS and that They wud get jellybean down the year....I mean cmon everyone knows HTC ONE X [which is already rooted] will be getting all those through custom ROMS and will definetly be smoking GN...only diff is urs will be official...and btw most GN users use Custom roms only!

And again those saying SGS3 will beat ONE X...seriously?? without even knowing about its specs and how it will perform in REAL WORLD? That is just an assumption...Also the build quality comes into consideration and sammy [SGS 2 , GN] hassnt been good lately..PLASTICKY! but i m not assuming SGS3 will be the same...just like how some are assuming it wud smoke ONE X :P

j.go
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan323 View Post
I find it funny when people here say that they got VANILLA ICS and that They wud get jellybean down the year....I mean cmon everyone knows HTC ONE X [which is already rooted] will be getting all those through custom ROMS and will definetly be smoking GN...only diff is urs will be official...and btw most GN users use Custom roms only!
There is a huge difference. Nexus custom roms use official drivers whereas htc one x/sgs3 aosp custom roms will be using drivers for sense/touchwiz HACKED to work on aosp, if they are able to use it at all. The original sgs was an exception because it was the hardware twin of the nexus s. As for the one x "smoking" the GN, well that will probably be true for the newer games, but in other more practical aspects like web surfing, email, calls, sms, music, etc, I suspect there won't be any noticeable difference.

Now that I've had a nexus device, I don't think I'll ever go back to touchwiz/blur/sense. I'm only waiting for the nexus tablet to be released so that I can give google my money.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using XDA

GoogleFan
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I am only buying nexus devices from here on out.I have T-Mobile and I have been burned by both Samsung and HTC in relation to software updates I also hold T-Mobile responsible to share the blame. And I do prefer aosp over touchwiz or sense. While you can argue that the said device get aosp builds through custom roms it often take months and initially in alpha and unstable condition due to manufacturer/carrier not providing source in timely fashion and devs needing to work around the way the software is built around the said hardware manufacturers GUI.
Android History
G1=sold
MT3G=sold
MT3G slide=traded
Vibrant=sold
Sensation 4g=traded
SGS2=Sold
Gnex=sold
SGSIII=sold
N4=current

loveact
Old
(Last edited by loveact; 22nd April 2012 at 04:06 AM.)
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by karan323 View Post

And again those saying SGS3 will beat ONE X...seriously?? without even knowing about its specs and how it will perform in REAL WORLD? That is just an assumption...Also the build quality comes into consideration and sammy [SGS 2 , GN] hassnt been good lately..PLASTICKY! but i m not assuming SGS3 will be the same...just like how some are assuming it wud smoke ONE X :P
have you seen one X drop test video and any other shattered screen with just light drop (with screen face down)?
not to mention the screen flickering defect of one X etc etc etc
questionable build quality of htc..

BarryH_GEG
Old
Thanks Meter 4,178
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveact View Post
have you seen one X drop test video and any other shattered screen with just light drop (with screen face down)?
Why yes, I have. At 3:40.

loveact
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryH_GEG View Post
Why yes, I have. At 3:40.
exactly
that's why build quality is not the same as the screen. so why bother make gimmick about powerful build quality blah blah blah if the screen can be shattered with small accident like that?

well yes,samsung's build quality is plasticky,that's why i use case protector like otterbox to protect it. since i don't want my screen shattered because i know some people use their phone naked and blabbering about "awesome" build quality

ethan3686
Old
Thanks Meter 95
By build quality i meant the overLl quality..the feel of the phone with that Polycarbonate design is just awesome on HOX..i held it yesterday and the sgs2 and GN plastics feel just too underwhelming!
And regarding AOSP builds...it doesnt matter...they will run smooth on that awesome hardware nonethless..it will be the same as using an official update with maybe some sense feature here or there

cHarOn99
Old
(Last edited by cHarOn99; 22nd April 2012 at 09:57 AM.)
Thanks Meter 60
yeah my galaxy s runs also smooth with the ics builds, but it took very long to get there, but the biggest issue is with all that custom builds, because they had to reverse engineer the drivers, the battery live sucks. I will never go back again to such an device as long as I can get a nexus, were I have the guarantee that we get the drivers to make a real aosp with good experience and good battery life.

Its simple, on the sgs I had to flash I think 1000 times and i was never fully happy, on the nexus I can flash any custom rom and all just works great, and that is since the nexus is on the market, so I bought the nexus and flashed aokp because I like the features it has and stay with it since then.

About HTC great build quality I can only say pffffft no thanks, i had 2 HTC phones in my life, on both the build quality sucked, if I read now the one x reviews, then I think it is still the same, it is not good. Even my Galaxy S looks after 1 1/2 year better then my HTC phones looked after 4 months.

But if you like the one x then get it and enjoy it, I think it is your decision and it need to be good for you and not for anyone else.

moeozman
Old
Thanks Meter 2
"IF" in 6 months Jelly beans 5.0 dropped with support to "Tasks Grid" view like (Maemo & Meego), you all gonna appreciate those extra cores