Now Gesture Tweaks Replaces Google Now with Custom Action

On most modern Android devices with software navigation keys, swiping up from the … more

ToqAN Fixes Android 5.0 Notification Bug on Qualcomm Toq

The Qualcomm Toq is probably one of the lesser known smartwatches on the market … more

How to Root and Unlock the Google Nexus 6 on a Mac – XDA TV

In the past, XDA Developer TV Producer droidmodd3rx has shown you how to … more

Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I'm seeing some status bar "Burn-In"

OP Grims

2nd January 2012, 08:09 PM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 10

45 posts
More
Luckily, I don't notice any of these artifacts!

How hard do you need to look to see this? I almost don't want to try looking for them... it might scar my impression of it. Kidding, kidding.

Although, I have my screen set to shut off after 30s of inactivity and I've never left the screen on, unless watching a movie, with a still image for longer than maybe 4-5mins (reading articles, showing people stuff, etc.).

I've had the phone since December 8th (was so excited!) and I'm absolutely in love with the display. I thought I could handle iOS but... I moved from an iPhone 4S to the Nexus and I don't regret it, I hate that operating system.

Handed the iPhone off to my girlfriend and we're both the better for it.
2nd January 2012, 08:28 PM   |  #42  
Flag Los Angeles, CA
Thanks Meter: 396

5,581 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entree

Luckily, I don't notice any of these artifacts!

How hard do you need to look to see this? I almost don't want to try looking for them... it might scar my impression of it. Kidding, kidding.

Although, I have my screen set to shut off after 30s of inactivity and I've never left the screen on, unless watching a movie, with a still image for longer than maybe 4-5mins (reading articles, showing people stuff, etc.).

I've had the phone since December 8th (was so excited!) and I'm absolutely in love with the display. I thought I could handle iOS but... I moved from an iPhone 4S to the Nexus and I don't regret it, I hate that operating system.

Handed the iPhone off to my girlfriend and we're both the better for it.

that's the thing, you have to look so incredibly hard and close up at certain brightness levels to see it. Like insanely hard to see. That's why I don't really care much about it. I'll just try to minimize it as best I can with my new nexus.
2nd January 2012, 09:51 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 2

16 posts
Sucks to hear that.

I always get afraid of things like this happening.
3rd January 2012, 01:22 AM   |  #44  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 75

297 posts
More
I tried. I really did. Used both white and gray backrounds on different brightness levels and i still couldn't see this burn in you guys are talking about. Maybe it has something to do with the inconsistencies in amoled screens i've been reading about but my screen isn't showing any of this yet. And neither did my amoled desire which i had for almost 2 years.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
6th January 2012, 03:29 AM   |  #45  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
burned
I am exchanging my gn tomorrow because of burn-in of status bar, unlock icon and clock. I believe my mistake was always plugging it in and setting it on my desk face up. I turned the phone off for a couple of hours and the images are still clearly visible immediately after turning back on. There should be some kind of automatic motion to the charging / unlock screen to prevent this.
6th January 2012, 03:42 AM   |  #46  
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 2,120

2,094 posts
Donate to Me
Use a launcher the hides the notification bar. This is a problem with all the amoleds. Not sure about the Plus but all the previous Nexus's had it as well as the Galaxy S.

I just hide the bar when not in use.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread