Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[INFO] UK Prices and Disscusion ONLY

OP mskip

16th November 2011, 08:03 PM   |  #441  
Senior Member
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 24
 
193 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
I got a reply to my earlier tweet, which was:

Quote:

So to clarify - I will be able to go into an O2 store tomorrow, and walk out with a Galaxy Nexus?

And their response was:

Quote:

Well, yes - subject to usual stock and eligibility. And as long as u don't go in wearing a balaclava & yelling 'stick em up'.

So I guess that's about as clear we can get

I still refuse to get my hopes up, as we've been in this position before (a retailer promising a date). Then there's the fact that Phones4u are telling people that their London store will be the only place in the UK to buy one tomorrow, so someone is telling porkies...

I won't believe anything until I hold one in my sweaty palms.
16th November 2011, 08:50 PM   |  #442  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 19
 
209 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2007
https://www.facebook.com/Phones4u
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=288510437848347

Quote:

From 8am tomorrow our Oxford Street, London store will be the only place in the world you can get your hands on Android’s first 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone - the Samsung UK GALAXY Nexus! The first 100 purchases of the Nexus will come with a £250 voucher for free movies, music and film content for you to enjoy on the phone! We will be serving proper ice cream sandwiches too! Mmmmm

16th November 2011, 09:28 PM   |  #443  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Ok guys, good news for O2 customers. Their official Twitter account has replied to me saying that the phone will definitely be available online and in "some" stores from tomorrow!! WIN!
16th November 2011, 09:44 PM   |  #444  
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
Unhappy
Crappy news, I posted earlier that I pre-ordered from 3 and delivery was supposed to be the 18th (which I have booked off anyway, not just for the phone). Called them today to clarify and guess what - it's delayed, I should now get it on the 22nd.

It's looking suspiciously more like there is some kind of P4U exclusive for the first few days
16th November 2011, 09:48 PM   |  #445  
skanj's Avatar
Senior Member
London
Thanks Meter: 94
 
444 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denonite

Crappy news, I posted earlier that I pre-ordered from 3 and delivery was supposed to be the 18th (which I have booked off anyway, not just for the phone). Called them today to clarify and guess what - it's delayed, I should now get it on the 22nd.

It's looking suspiciously more like there is some kind of P4U exclusive for the first few days

I'm glad I ordered one from 3 and phones4u as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App
16th November 2011, 09:55 PM   |  #446  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 54
 
344 posts
Join Date:Joined: Apr 2011
More
Damn. No way of knowing which O2 stores will have stock until tomorrow. Hope its a local one. Don't feel like trekking into London tomorrow. Might just order online and hope it arrives by Friday.
16th November 2011, 09:59 PM   |  #447  
Spewy1's Avatar
Senior Member
Manchester
Thanks Meter: 37
 
219 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2011
Donate to Me
More
I got a call from phones 4u Manchester store to confirm they are getting stock tomorrow morning and have reserved me one. Yippee!
(can't believe I am ditching my S2 for this after only 6 months. Anyone what to buy a S2?)
16th November 2011, 10:09 PM   |  #448  
Senior Member
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 24
 
193 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spewy1

I got a call from phones 4u Manchester store to confirm they are getting stock tomorrow morning and have reserved me one. Yippee!
(can't believe I am ditching my S2 for this after only 6 months. Anyone what to buy a S2?)

Yay! Is it PAYG or contract?

So much for the "London store is the only place in the world to buy one"

Now do I want to travel over from Leeds?...
16th November 2011, 10:11 PM   |  #449  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 17
 
150 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2008
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodney

So much for the "London store is the only place in the world to buy one"

Marketing! What they said was "From 8am tomorrow our Oxford Street, London store will be the only place in the world you can get your hands on Androidís first 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone - the Samsung UK GALAXY Nexus!" What they left out was "Oh yeah, from 9am you can get it in a bunch of other places". Not wanting to steal the thunder from their big launch.
The Following User Says Thank You to jabok For This Useful Post: [ View ]
16th November 2011, 10:20 PM   |  #450  
Senior Member
Flag Leeds
Thanks Meter: 24
 
193 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabok

Marketing! What they said was "From 8am tomorrow our Oxford Street, London store will be the only place in the world you can get your hands on Androidís first 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone - the Samsung UK GALAXY Nexus!" What they left out was "Oh yeah, from 9am you can get it in a bunch of other places". Not wanting to steal the thunder from their big launch.

Yeah, this wouldn't surprise me one bit

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes