Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,846 Members 37,805 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[INFO] UK Prices and Disscusion ONLY

Tip us?

Shodney
Old
Thanks Meter 24
I got a reply to my earlier tweet, which was:

Quote:
So to clarify - I will be able to go into an O2 store tomorrow, and walk out with a Galaxy Nexus?
And their response was:

Quote:
Well, yes - subject to usual stock and eligibility. And as long as u don't go in wearing a balaclava & yelling 'stick em up'.
So I guess that's about as clear we can get

I still refuse to get my hopes up, as we've been in this position before (a retailer promising a date). Then there's the fact that Phones4u are telling people that their London store will be the only place in the UK to buy one tomorrow, so someone is telling porkies...

I won't believe anything until I hold one in my sweaty palms.

HooloovooUK
Old
Thanks Meter 19
https://www.facebook.com/Phones4u
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=288510437848347

Quote:
From 8am tomorrow our Oxford Street, London store will be the only place in the world you can get your hands on Android’s first 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone - the Samsung UK GALAXY Nexus! The first 100 purchases of the Nexus will come with a £250 voucher for free movies, music and film content for you to enjoy on the phone! We will be serving proper ice cream sandwiches too! Mmmmm
Samsung Galaxy Nexus - stock.

T-Mobile UK Vario IV
Energy.RAPHAEL.29020.Sense2.5.May.15.7z
XDAndroid 2.2.2-r1 Build FRX06

JamesC1982
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Ok guys, good news for O2 customers. Their official Twitter account has replied to me saying that the phone will definitely be available online and in "some" stores from tomorrow!! WIN!

Denonite
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Crappy news, I posted earlier that I pre-ordered from 3 and delivery was supposed to be the 18th (which I have booked off anyway, not just for the phone). Called them today to clarify and guess what - it's delayed, I should now get it on the 22nd.

It's looking suspiciously more like there is some kind of P4U exclusive for the first few days

skanj
Old
Thanks Meter 91
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denonite View Post
Crappy news, I posted earlier that I pre-ordered from 3 and delivery was supposed to be the 18th (which I have booked off anyway, not just for the phone). Called them today to clarify and guess what - it's delayed, I should now get it on the 22nd.

It's looking suspiciously more like there is some kind of P4U exclusive for the first few days
I'm glad I ordered one from 3 and phones4u as well.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA App

Bilhouse
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Damn. No way of knowing which O2 stores will have stock until tomorrow. Hope its a local one. Don't feel like trekking into London tomorrow. Might just order online and hope it arrives by Friday.

Spewy1
Old
Thanks Meter 37

DONATE TO ME
I got a call from phones 4u Manchester store to confirm they are getting stock tomorrow morning and have reserved me one. Yippee!
(can't believe I am ditching my S2 for this after only 6 months. Anyone what to buy a S2?)

Shodney
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spewy1 View Post
I got a call from phones 4u Manchester store to confirm they are getting stock tomorrow morning and have reserved me one. Yippee!
(can't believe I am ditching my S2 for this after only 6 months. Anyone what to buy a S2?)
Yay! Is it PAYG or contract?

So much for the "London store is the only place in the world to buy one"

Now do I want to travel over from Leeds?...

jabok
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shodney View Post
So much for the "London store is the only place in the world to buy one"
Marketing! What they said was "From 8am tomorrow our Oxford Street, London store will be the only place in the world you can get your hands on Androidís first 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone - the Samsung UK GALAXY Nexus!" What they left out was "Oh yeah, from 9am you can get it in a bunch of other places". Not wanting to steal the thunder from their big launch.
The Following User Says Thank You to jabok For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Shodney
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabok View Post
Marketing! What they said was "From 8am tomorrow our Oxford Street, London store will be the only place in the world you can get your hands on Androidís first 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich smartphone - the Samsung UK GALAXY Nexus!" What they left out was "Oh yeah, from 9am you can get it in a bunch of other places". Not wanting to steal the thunder from their big launch.
Yeah, this wouldn't surprise me one bit