So I have noticed a few oddities:
1. This morning the volume went down on its down. I actually saw the volume bar appear and decrease, as if I was pushing down on the rocker. It happened twice. Both times I was hammering the phone so perhaps it's related to RAM? The first time I was moving six 400mb avi files from one folder to another using a file manager app, and listening to MP3s at the same time.
2. I heard this phone has visual voicemail, but my voicemails appear in the same way as they did before. (a text telling me to dial the vm number). Any ideas? I am on Vodafone UK contract.
3. When I bought the phone and turned it on, I entered my google account details. The phone then installed a bunch of apps I had installed on my last phone, the HTC Desire. Some of these apps I didn't want any more so I uninstalled them. This was all fine until I woke up this morning and found the phone had downloaded and reinstalled them again overnight!! What's going on here?! Will I wake up tomorrow to find them appear again?
4. The Android Market sometimes has the movies page, and sometimes doesn't. Very odd. It's up to date so I don't know what that's about. Also there's now a Vodafone section to the Market. It's a non-branded phone so I am a little surprised. There must be a network dedicated section now.
5. The BBC iPlayer is missing from the market. Why is this? I am in the UK and it's always been there before.
6. I have found it tough to find a movie player app that plays my avi and mkv files. Rockplayer doesn't want to work now. MXPlayer doesn't run at all. Mplayer is ok but the videos are not that smooth. What else is there to try??
I hope this post has given a helpful insight into the Galaxy Nexus - it would be great if an expert could please address some of these issues for me.