Sorry, I wasn't able to edit my post for a long time & hope now that I can add a few more information from time to time.
I'm on stock Jelly Bean with official Jelly Bean bootloader + radio and want to tell you about my experience with it (There is a link in the first post to the tutorial for stock Jelly Bean).
I have not noticed any bugs with this ROM. The system is way smoother compared to any Ice Cream Sandwich version (Mostly the animations. The App Drawer animations is now completely fluid
. Many things that have annoyed me in ICS have been fixed and new some new functions have been added.
Biggest differences between ICS and JB:
This part will be a little bit messy because I'm going to change it a little bit but I really don't have that much time so I will do it in parts
Changes in Settings:
- Data Usage Graph is now linear, like in CM9
- Wi-Fi Direct has now an option menu
- WPS-Pin and Push Button Configuration is now supported
- The account-settings are now a seperated category in the settings
- Developer options have been rearranged and new ones have been added
- Some benchmarks are better:
- Some benchmarks are worse:
- Now there's an arrow downwards instead of the back button when the keyboard is opened:
- There is an other lockscreen animation and you can access google now from lockscreen:
- new animations:
- access google now instantly by swiping up from the home button:
- Process of adding a new word to the dictionary have been optimized:
- New Wallpapers:
- New Search-Bar:
- New Radio and Bootloader:
- New Boot-Animation:
- Homescreen objects rearrange when you add an widget automatically:
- New Google Music App:
- New Youtube App:
- New Google Maps app:
- New Voice Search app:
- Contacts with a higher resolution:
- Expandable Notifications:
- Completely redesigned nofication bar:
- New animations in gallery app
- Optimized Camera app:
- New programm-chosing-menu:
- If you want a tutorial or more information about jelly bean just write your questions here. I will update this post afterwards.
Is google now english only? :
- No. I just asked a few questions in german. It gave me search results but I it just list sites with the answers. No knowledge graph in german. But it shows me my weather and my route to work with tiles
What happens if you enable/disable WiFi Direct for 5-10 times in a row? In ICS, after a couple of times toggling WiFi Direct the wifi driver crashed and I needed a reboot in order to make WiFi and WiFi Direct work again:
- Sorry I don't have another Wifi-Direct device to test this feature at this time.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app