Recognized Contributor
Flag Cebu City, Philippines
Thanks Meter: 8,359

6,151 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shriom_manerker

since this phone already has touch to wake in it, i wont have any issues with the power button

i love the companys finishing touches . i hate touchwhiz and the way it makes the note 3 slow compared the g2. but lg has actually worked on this device a lot i can say.

all the issues i know about the g2
1)camera is bad at night- it uses advanced noise reduction causing your photos to look like paintings (this was only at 1400 iso and above) , im a photpgraphy fan so i can jus tmanually set the iso lower than that and get excellent images ! i will post images once i get the device, ill help you don worry, this is a community and ill share almost everything i know about it

true, but soon ill be getting a job and i might not get this amount of time to do all these stuff, so i need a phone which fills my needs perfectly and for now thats the g2 battery backup of 60 hrs with 3.5 hours of screen on time ! thats HUGE ! if used continiously about 9 hours of screen on time fuking amazing

Go for it bro and do give a feed back on how you like the phone so far best of luck buddy!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Misledz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2014, 01:40 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 832

1,502 posts
More
Quote:

since this phone already has touch to wake in it, i wont have any issues with the power button

i love the companys finishing touches . i hate touchwhiz and the way it makes the note 3 slow compared the g2. but lg has actually worked on this device a lot i can say.

all the issues i know about the g2
1)camera is bad at night- it uses advanced noise reduction causing your photos to look like paintings (this was only at 1400 iso and above) , im a photpgraphy fan so i can jus tmanually set the iso lower than that and get excellent images ! i will post images once i get the device, ill help you don worry, this is a community and ill share almost everything i know about it

true, but soon ill be getting a job and i might not get this amount of time to do all these stuff, so i need a phone which fills my needs perfectly and for now thats the g2 battery backup of 60 hrs with 3.5 hours of screen on time ! thats HUGE ! if used continiously about 9 hours of screen on time fuking amazing

As for power button and touch to wake, the G2 is superior to the N5. N5 faces heavy battery drain (a few % an hour with it enabled). Seems like the panel used in the N5 is way different than the G2. If you need battery life, then the G2 is the right device for you haha. We all have different needs and preferences, this is the beauty of Android as we have choices.
1st February 2014, 04:35 PM   |  #13  
Recognized Themer
Flag Athens
Thanks Meter: 4,488

2,103 posts
Donate to Me
More
enjoy your new phone dude! Nice choice

PS: About Nexus 5... I had the chance to play with it for a while on a nearby shop...it felt so plastic and cheap, more like a toy than a real phone. For a sec I thought it was some kinda dummy phone but that wouldn't be possible since I was interacting with it. Gnex on my other hand seemed more like the real deal...even nexus 4... I don't know if you're getting me. Since I am a nexus fan, I would buy the damn thing (probably soon) but it is so light and plastic that it seems unreal
Last edited by itasoulas; 1st February 2014 at 04:38 PM.
1st February 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Margao,Goa
Thanks Meter: 709

1,703 posts
More
i got the g2 this afternoon <3 is so amazing ! lets see how it does after some usage
1st February 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 832

1,502 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itasoulas

PS: About Nexus 5... I had the chance to play with it for a while on a nearby shop...it felt so plastic and cheap, more like a toy than a real phone. For a sec I thought it was some kinda dummy phone but that wouldn't be possible since I was interacting with it. Gnex on my other hand seemed more like the real deal...even nexus 4... I don't know if you're getting me. Since I am a nexus fan, I would buy the damn thing (probably soon) but it is so light and plastic that it seems unreal

Yeap it feels extremely light to hold. But I have a 3.4k mAh battery replacement on my GNex, so yea haha. Any phone will feel super thin and light after using my fat and heavy phone for months.

As for plastic feel, the longer I held my friend's Nexus 5, I felt the build wasn't too bad and quite nice. Either way I'll use a case on the N5 if I get one. I never used any protection on the GNex but the N5 feels too dangerous to hold naked lul. And newer screens are worse at preventing cracks than older screens so I'll also probably get a screen protector on the N5 (but I hate screen protectors!)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

Quote:

i got the g2 this afternoon <3 is so amazing ! lets see how it does after some usage

Keep us updated, but don't worry it should do just fine!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
2nd February 2014, 02:39 PM   |  #16  
Flag Banatsko Visnjicevo
Thanks Meter: 4

13 posts
More
Quote:

yes yes i know its not a nexus, it wont get the latest updates and that some say lg sucks. but the phone is pretty darn good , what do you guys think ? worthy upgrade ? im getting it tomorrow evening.

No no no no no
Only Nexus 5!
2nd February 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Margao,Goa
Thanks Meter: 709

1,703 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by itasoulas

true ! i agree on that note gnex and nexus 4 are still more premium feeling devices

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread