Light and Proximity sensor working for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread
T

Thyrus

Added some basic testing how-to. Let me know "ok" or "not ok". I will have to return my phone today if this is not a generic issue

T

Thyrus

250 views - no responses from the nexus owners?

anyhow, just realised LIGHT sensor works in daylight (at least from 10 to 160 lux). However, still no cookie on the proximity sensor - can anyone confirm or deny please?

mklass

Apr 3, 2010
My prox sensor works just fine. Not really had chance to check the light sensor as Ive only just bought the phone and had it set to full brightness. Ill post back shortly..

T

Thyrus

Right then i can confirm the light sensor works in mine too in daylight

Proximity sensor not though... anyone else?! this is really strange

SweetPAIN225

Nov 19, 2011
London
Both work perfectly on mine! For the proximity sensor, try it during a call! It might be trivial but just saying.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

xtrawise

May 6, 2008
AndroSensor says both work but auto brightness (auto dullness?) is useless and I triggered a keypad press while on a call...

T

Thyrus

AndroSensor says both work but auto brightness (auto dullness?) is useless and I triggered a keypad press while on a call...

see - thats exactly the point. The sensor does NOT work (on mine)

Proximity Sensor - will switch display off to avoid the keypress or other issues while on call when you are holding it to your face(ear). And re-enable display when moved away from the face

Autobrigh: measures ambient light and then adjusts brightness accordingly

you may have both confused?

check with AndroSensor:

proximity sensor - cover it with your hand (next to the front camera) and the values should change in AndroSensor - but they dont. neither does the display switch off during calls when detecting your face (actually just detecting "no light")

I will return my GN. I had enough.

xtrawise

May 6, 2008
The light sensor works according to AndroSensor but auto brightness simply dims the screen to a useless level. Likewise proximity sensor works (values are either 0 or 2 inches) but whilst the screen does indeed dim during calls key presses are still possible infuriatingly. Software fix would cure both.

abcba

Sep 4, 2010
For my device, the proximity value changes fine however the screen doesn't turn on off when answering and ending a call. hv to lock the screen and unlock the screen manually to prevent mistouch..

bacardee

Dec 25, 2010
I know this topic is kind of old, but I'm still having the proximity issue, do you think I should return my nexus?

Matcarroll

Nov 12, 2011
Mine doesn't work either, since 4.02 I think. Are there any settings that should be enabled for it to work like gprs or location services or is the proximity service always running?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.