I really love my Nexus but...

Tip us?

Pat123
Old
Thanks Meter 89

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer(x) View Post
Is there any other rom with the possibility to add menu softkey?
Almost all major ROMs have it. Liquid-smooth and SlimICS for e.g. I have used AOKP B32 and sure it wasn't that snappy. I switched to Liquid-smooth and it's definitely noticeably snappier than AOKP. Also, have observed that transitions are smoother on Nova when compared to Apex Launcher. Gonna stick with this setup for a while.

natious
Old
Thanks Meter 439

DONATE TO ME
Slim ics + Franco + apex = perfect

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

nspaull.com

Note III [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"Temasek CM11[/COLOR] @ 2.5ghz
Galaxy SIV foxhound @ 2.1ghz
Galaxy Nexus franco + slim @ 1.3ghz
Galaxy S CM7 @ 1ghz
Galaxy Tab overcome @ 1.4ghz

Desire Z CM7 @ 1.2ghz[/STRIKE]
DesireCM7 @ 1.2ghz[/STRIKE]

GALAXY TAB MEIZU DARK THEME
GALAXY TAB HONEYCOMB THEME

zephiK
Old
Thanks Meter 3267

DONATE TO ME
Aokp franco and apex launcher

Twitter -- If you actually need to get in contact with me just tweet me rather than PMs its more efficient and I can get back to you faster.

Nexus 5 (D820): Purity | Franco Kernel
Nexus 4 (E960): Purity | Franco Kernel
Older devices: Galaxy Nexus, ASUS TF101, Nexus S, Samsung Vibrant, G1

EyeAndroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
OK I haven't tried slim ics, but I will if everything works properly and its snappier then I'm down. Liquid smooth cannot get GPS to save its life.

Any inherent problems with slim ics?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
From the Beginning! >HP iPAQ rw6815> Palm Treo> HTC Dash> iPhone 2> iPhone3G> Nexus One> Galaxy S Vibrant> HD2 Nand Android> HTC Sensation> Galaxy S2> Galaxy Nexus> SGS III - All Hacked, Jailbroken, Rooted - Rommed.

japaneezy
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by zephiK View Post
Aokp franco and apex launcher

+1 and no lag. AOKP runs better on my phone than anything else I've tried. You just have to try many ROM/kernel combinations as I'm sure you've learned from the other responses.

DontJoinTheDarkSide
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EyeAndroid View Post
I really love my Nexus. Gorgeous, perfectly sized 720p display, super sleek black curved display with NO carrier branding or capacitive buttons, nice loud speakerphone & ICS is fantastic. Great things to love about the Nexus!

But this phone Laaaaaaaaaaaaaags. And please don't tell me i got a bad one, or I need to reflash yada yada. If you don't agree about the lag, then you are in denial.

I'm currently running AKOP 4 & Francos 3rd Milestone + oc'd to 1.35.

I'll admit, his latest kernel sped it up again, but it seems like its only temporary. With every flash, it always starts out fast, but then after 2 weeks - it starts to slow down again.

Where do I notice it? Well lets see, try pulling down your status bar from the lock screen and see if there sometimes isn't a 1 or 2 sec delay. Is this due to the phone just waking up from being asleep at 300 mhz?

But its not just there. Opening text messages, call log, emails - its just slow.

I just kinda got used to the general lag in the system, but then I played with a Stock Galaxy s2 on GB the other day & I was amazed at how fast that phone was. It ran circles around my nexus.

So I got to thinking, on older computers with slower processors - if you try and run youtube at 720p @ full screen, it gets super choppy and laggy. Then I compared that to the nexus. Its trying to push ALOT of pixels. Is a 1.35 ghz processor enough for the resolution it runs?

Would a 1.5 or 1.7 ghz phone run it normally?

Whats with the Lag???
You just identified your problem right there. You're using AKOP. trying using AOKP build 34

On a serious note, I have no lag issues at all check your setttings. If 300min is too slow for you try 729. My nexus flys!

DToX69
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I don't see why most of you are saying AOKP lags, it sure as hell fly's compared to my nexus s :P (dual core vs single core lol)

anyway i'm very happy with AOKP currently

natious
Old
Thanks Meter 439

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
OK I haven't tried slim ics, but I will if everything works properly and its snappier then I'm down. Liquid smooth cannot get GPS to save its life.

Any inherent problems with slim ics?

Camera video effects don't work, dpi is too high when u first flash it, but can change it in the menu, volume seems low compared to my girlfriends gnex on akop+Franco.

Other than that its super snappy and has the same features as aokp.

nspaull.com

Note III [COLOR="DeepSkyBlue"Temasek CM11[/COLOR] @ 2.5ghz
Galaxy SIV foxhound @ 2.1ghz
Galaxy Nexus franco + slim @ 1.3ghz
Galaxy S CM7 @ 1ghz
Galaxy Tab overcome @ 1.4ghz

Desire Z CM7 @ 1.2ghz[/STRIKE]
DesireCM7 @ 1.2ghz[/STRIKE]

GALAXY TAB MEIZU DARK THEME
GALAXY TAB HONEYCOMB THEME

karmasyde
Old
Thanks Meter 1
OK...pulled down status bar from lock screen...micro stutter maybe...definitely not lag. Running liquid smooth 1.35 w glados kernel

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

sparkdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Liquid smooth cannot get GPS to save its life.
There is a simple fix for the GPS issue with v1.35... I thought people came to XDA to get informed not just whine about problems. Some people come here to rant instead of read.