Microphone cutting out mid call

Search This thread

bangdrum

Jan 21, 2011
So it's been a while since this thread has been active (more than one post a day).... How is everyone's experience? The latest 4.1.1 update with the new radios has completely fixed mine.

But the GNex is aging, I'm ready for an upgrade. For those like me, terribly paranoid about poor radios and bad reception like we've been through with the VZW Galaxy Nexus, what's your next phone? I'm thinking Note2 or DNA... Note2 has better battery, but word is DNA has best signal strength.

What do you all think?

I switched to the note 2 the day it was released and I absolutely love it. The development is no where near the gnote but believe it or not, it doesn't need it. I'm currently running beans rom and it fits all my needs.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Reactions: Dan76

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Vote for this issue here:

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=24019

Hopefully this will get the attention of Google.
    Edit: please see this Google issue tracker post and star it to get Google's attention!

http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=24019

I've had it happen 3 times now that I'll be on a call for a number of minutes and all of a sudden the person I'm talking to won't hear me any more. To be fair, I've been talking to the same person, and each time it's been an extended call (5+ minutes). It happened on Saturday, twice. Since then, I have wiped data/cache and flashed a custom rom. It happened again this evening, right around 10 minutes into the call.

The microphone doesn't come back. I tried turning on speaker phone and muting/unmuting my mic, but it won't bring the microphone back. Like I said, this is the same person I've spoken to each time, however, I've been speaking with them often (with their current phone) on my previous phone and never had this issue, so I'm not sure if it's their phone's problem. I spoke with someone else for 30+ minutes on Sunday and didn't have this happen.

To remedy the situation, I just hang up and call back and it works fine, until it happens again.

I'm confused. Is my phone problematic or is it a software bug or is it the other person's phone? Is anyone else experiencing this?

EDIT: Just thought I'd mention I'm on VZW LTE/CDMA.
    This was a common problem on the Samsung Droid Charge, which uses the same questionable Via baseband modem for voice calls. The earlier Charge Froyo firmware had all kinds of voice issues: 1) outgoing voice drop. 2) systematic cut in/out. 3) garbled robot voice quality. 4) loud ear hurting static. Since the latest Charge firmware EP4 (gingerbread), all issues except occasional robot voice are fixed. The phone is now usable where it was laughable before. The loud static may have been linked to certain phones / hardware rather than firmware.

Hopefully Samsung can incorporate the Charge fixes into the Nexus.

Hopefully Samsung stops using 3rd rate Via chips.
    This has been happening to me across 3 separate VZ Gnexs now. A total of probably 30 times or more now. It happens no matter the conditions, wifi, 4G, 3G, incoming, outgoing, it does not seem to matter, I am in the Denver metro area in areas that usually have pretty good signal too.

I finally got a response on my support ticket regarding this issue at VZW. They said that it is a software issue with the Galaxy Nexus and that it should be fixed with an OTA at some point in the future... No eta available.

I have also been having an issue with the 4G and 3G Data connection dropping randomly and requiring power cycle or Airplane Mode cycle to get it back.

After all of the issues I have been having they offered to let me switch back to a certified pre owned Rezound or Razr or cancel my contract free of charge but wouldn't give me a bill credit....

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
    There, tacked on this info to the end of the bugtracker post.