Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,111 Members 48,990 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Microphone cutting out mid call

Tip us?

BigFwoosh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Well, the dream is dead. I just had my mic cut out about 10 minutes ago. Looks like it's back to the drawing board.

qbking77
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5117

DONATE TO ME
This issue has happened on my nexus s 4g, galaxy nexus, and my epic 4g touch...
Youtube Channel:
www.youtube.com/qbking77

http://www.qbking77.com

BigFwoosh
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I actually had the mic cut out 5 times in the last 30 minutes. I'm going to a Verizon store this weekend to get this crap sorted out. Enough is enough.

bangdrum
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFwoosh View Post
I actually had the mic cut out 5 times in the last 30 minutes. I'm going to a Verizon store this weekend to get this crap sorted out. Enough is enough.
I hope I'm getting lucky then I haven't had the issue since I updated to the new bootloader and radio

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

chapsizzle71
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chapsizzle71 View Post
I will do this also. I have not initially reported it however I've had the same issues.

I'm in Pennsylvania in an area where 4G/3G hand off a fair amount. Reviewing my phone calls for the month of April I found one call over 30 minutes. The majority are under 20. Not all were disconnects. There is one coworker who when I speak to him, we have frequent disconnects.

I read through the majority of this thread last evening, did we determine if the hardware revision affects this issue?

Previous Radio Version:
FA02/FA02

Current Version:
FC04/FC05

I will report back if I have any issues or if it works well.
Well, so far I had just one call cut out. The other person reported a robotic voice. I could still hear them.

I did find that I traveled through spots where I had previous issues and I did not get disconnects.

That is all...

Keanen
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I had this happen again last night. I have flashed the official 4.0.4 and it's still happening
Devices:
- Motorola RAZR Maxx w/Verizon
- HTC Rezound w/Verizon
- Nexus 7 16GB

charlescom
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keanen View Post
I had this happen again last night. I have flashed the official 4.0.4 and it's still happening
This issue actually happened on my latest and greatest Galaxy Nexus (4th one).
It's been happening more and more and more....how wonderful.

Of course, I don't want to swap out this one as the other 3 had it way worse + all the other issues.

I called VZW Customer Representative who then transferred me to Tier 2 Technical Support, who then went on saying "Verizon has nothing to do with this issue. Samsung is in total control. The update should be out by end of May."

Ahahahahahahahaha...

I would be calm and patient if they hadn't used that story line starting January, Feb, March, April.....all along the way..

all I can say is..

Seriously?
The Following User Says Thank You to charlescom For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

adrynalyne
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5671
I feel bad for you guys. I talk on my phone daily, and have conference calls that last 2-3 hours every week. No mic issues, no call drops. Been good since December. Back in December, the speaker would cut out mid-call and they could hear me, but not them. It resolved itself though.

I hope it gets worked out for you guys.
If you like what I do, buy me a brew!

Dan76
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Honestly, I haven't even made a call on mine in two weeks because of the mic anxiety... using my backup LG flip phone for voice calls... I'll give it a try over the weekend to see if its miraculously better.

jclake
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFwoosh View Post
Well, the dream is dead. I just had my mic cut out about 10 minutes ago. Looks like it's back to the drawing board.

My dream is dead too. I made it three and a half days with my refurbished phone before the audio cut out. Waiting for an update that will fix this that will be available "next month," or "someday" is making me feel ripped off.