Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,114 Members 38,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

MTP is a f**king JOKE...

Tip us?

DeaconBoogie
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 70
Thumbs down MTP is a f**king JOKE...

Why did they remove drive letter access and cripple the phone with this MTP crap?

It took me 30 seconds to copy my pictures from my Droid Incredible via drive letter, and now it's taking upwards of 20 minutes to copy them over to the Nexus.

This is completely absurd...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to DeaconBoogie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jetrii
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconBoogie View Post
Why did they remove drive letter access and cripple the phone with this MTP crap?

It took me 30 seconds to copy my pictures from my Droid Incredible via drive letter, and now it's taking upwards of 20 minutes to copy them over to the Nexus.

Copying a files to/from my Galaxy Nexus takes no time at all. Much faster file transfer than on my previous phone and USB drive. Have you tried removing the driver and installing the naked samsung drivers?

developing
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconBoogie View Post

And yet I'm having the exact opposite experience; on both a desktop PC and MacBook Pro with Android File Transfer, the performance of the Galaxy Nexus' filesystem has been miles ahead of the 8GB Class 10 MicroSD card I had in my previous device.
The Following User Says Thank You to developing For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

predation
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by developing View Post
And yet I'm having the exact opposite experience; on both a desktop PC and MacBook Pro with Android File Transfer, the performance of the Galaxy Nexus' filesystem has been miles ahead of the 8GB Class 10 MicroSD card I had in my previous device.
I can't get the android file transfer to work on my mac. I download the dmg file and drag to applications, but it stil doesn't read my device. Am I doing something wrong? Can you shd some light for me?

robstunner
Old
Thanks Meter 507
And here comes the flood of "im not happy" threads.

You should have known it was MTP before you purchased it. Not trying to start an e-flame but just sayin'.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to robstunner For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

rashad1
Old
Thanks Meter 71
My connection always messes up, all my music got deleted last night. I'm having trouble copying music over. I'm ditching the stock ROM asap, hopefully one of the custom ROMs has mass storage.

xgoo
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have to agree, I've hated MTP since the WinXP days when I first hooked up a camera directly. Had tons of corrupted files during transfers so I switched to taking out the memory cards and accessing them with USB readers.

Even now with the nexus I have trouble with files not even showing up properly in explorer but are clearly there when I use a file manager on the phone itself.
The Following User Says Thank You to xgoo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Baguett
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I copied a 500mb film from my pc to my phone in no-time. Must be your pc that causes the problem.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App
LGG3

hotleadsingerguy
Old
Thanks Meter 157
I'm not sure why everybody needs to install stuff. I plugged the phone into my MBP and it popped up the contents. Plugged it into my W7 gaming machine and it popped up the contents.

Transfer times were the same, or faster, as they are on my Galaxy S II and Rezound.

Then again, unless it's more than 3-5 files I just use WiFi File Explorer. Fantastic way to transfer files to/from. Definitely worth the $.99 for the full version (demo only allows downloading *from* phone, not uploading to).
The Following User Says Thank You to hotleadsingerguy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matt2053
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
It's a trade-off. This way we can use the entire storage space. Just one big partition where all your apps and app data go. No more "internal storage" vs "external storage."

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to matt2053 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]