Why Nexus Devices have no SD Cards

Tip us?

gabster21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Default Why Nexus Devices have no SD Cards

Quote:
Wanna know what it really is? Sure you do.

The lack of an SD card in Nexus devices is nothing new, and we've been over this issue already when the Galaxy Nexus first appeared.

We got tired of seeing OEMs include many GB of internal storage for music, while users were still running out of space for apps and data. This approach lets us merge everything on one volume, which is way better.

-- Dan Morrill, Android engineer at Google
http://www.androidcentral.com/why-ne...ave-no-sd-card

Looks like they took a page right out of Apple's book on that one, "we know what's best for you so we won't give you a choice". Sorry Google but I'm not getting a tablet that will only let me store 3 HD movies.. and that's on the larger model!

16GB in 2012 is downright ridiculous, I had 8+32GB on my SGS that was filled to capacity, now I can't even store half of that on my GNex.. I find myself having to swap music/movies in and out on a weekly basis which is becoming pretty annoying.

rayiskon
Old
Thanks Meter 1009
There is a Nexus 7 forum where you can address your complaints and express your dissatisfaction.
As for the 2 min of my life lost on reading this post, they haven't made a forum for that yet.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rayiskon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gabster21
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayiskon View Post
There is a Nexus 7 forum where you can address your complaints and express your dissatisfaction.
As for the 2 min of my life lost on reading this post, they haven't made a forum for that yet.
Either you have spent less than 15 seconds reading the article or you have some sort of attention deficit disorder. The article addresses the lack of SD cards for all Nexus devices, not just the Nexus 7.

Next time read before whining about wasting 2 minutes of your precious life..
The Following User Says Thank You to gabster21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

zbee
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayiskon View Post
yes there is a forum for that.....just cant find the link in my history from ten years ago...soz about that

LuffyPSP
Old
(Last edited by LuffyPSP; 10th July 2012 at 12:51 PM.)
Thanks Meter 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabster21 View Post
http://www.androidcentral.com/why-ne...ave-no-sd-card

Looks like they took a page right out of Apple's book on that one, "we know what's best for you so we won't give you a choice". Sorry Google but I'm not getting a tablet that will only let me store 3 HD movies.. and that's on the larger model!

16GB in 2012 is downright ridiculous, I had 8+32GB on my SGS that was filled to capacity, now I can't even store half of that on my GNex.. I find myself having to swap music/movies in and out on a weekly basis which is becoming pretty annoying.
but then they will get money from everywhere even if you dont buy it. go buy something that fill your needs. no need for apologize. google wont even care about the price of one tablet you would've bought. even if you intend to buy 10 and you wont, Google still wont care.

and btw, Google are pushing towards Cloud Storage since few years back, just now that you see their effort(hence you see Drive, picasa, play music, stream movies,etc on the cloud). additional to that, they made it so everyone can own a tablet, hence less hardware additions.

EDIT : i am also one of the disagreed person as my country dont have WiFi everywhere and internet/data are still slow(for us its fast but compared to US, UK, etc, its slow. ) I couldnt use cloud services at its best. I wish to have more storage but i just love Nexus so much and i just accept it and make do with whats available.

Current Active Device : Google Nexus 5 D821 32GB
Previous Device : HTC One M7 64GB, Nexus 7 2013 32GB LTE, Google Nexus 4 16GB, HTC One X 32GB, Google Galaxy Nexus 16GB, Google Nexus S 16GB, Asus Transformer TF101, Samsung Galaxy S2 16GB, HTC Desire

Marcb
Old
Thanks Meter 130
nice, so they have decided for me.... cool....
I have a 16gb microSD just sitting there 'cause I can't do anything with it in my Nexus... would be really awesome to have it in my phone and have 2 separate partitions... in my microSD I could put whatever the hell I wanted, music, movies... and in the internal storage, I could use for apps and game data...

NeoandGeo
Old
Thanks Meter 41
I like the one volume storage approach, but I think that the standard should be 32/64/128 flavors. Not 8/16/32/64.

kookooktchoo
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabster21 View Post
Either you have spent less than 15 seconds reading the article or you have some sort of attention deficit disorder. The article addresses the lack of SD cards for all Nexus devices, not just the Nexus 7.

Next time read before whining about wasting 2 minutes of your precious life..
Come on, this is old news.

kevinjgray88
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Why don't ferraris have cup holders?

DO YOU JELLY?

95Z28
Old
Thanks Meter 235
I don't use cloud storage as I want my stuff available at all times, not only in good reception/wifi areas. I would love to be able to use my 32gb SD card on my gnex (I had 20gb worth of music/movies/game data/cwr backups on it). I mean nova 3 takes up close to 2gb itself, movies take an average of half a gb, nandroids half a gb, 5gb of music etc... But for $350 this phones still a hell of a deal, so I'll suffice.
I wouldn't pay no 500 bucks for a device with physical limitations of 16gb, (think iPad) but the nexus 7 sounds like an excellent value. I just don't like tablets, I have a gnex and a laptop (500gb $500 haha).

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe