5,604,631 Members 39,895 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nows your chance Toro People (VZW GNEX)

Tip us?

blackhand1001
Old
(Last edited by blackhand1001; 28th January 2014 at 03:24 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 682

DONATE TO ME
Default Nows your chance Toro People (VZW GNEX)

Those on toro have probably struggled with the decision of what verizon device to move to. Well now the dev edition moto x 32GB is only 379.99 on verizon. I made the move a few weeks ago when it was 449.99 and couldn't be happier. Battery life is a gigantic improvement, phone is so much smoother and it has essentially stock kit kat. There are several new devs coming to this phone and CM is very close to being stable. Theres also no comparison between the screen quality. Both are amoled but the moto x's screen is full rgb, and unlike the galaxy nexus, whites are great out of the box (better than I could ever manually set myself on the gnex), and the grey-scale gradients aren't that nasty greenish brown color or purple at low brightness. Its also atleast twice as bright yet uses half the power. Overall its a gigantic improvement and don't use the shortcomings of the galaxy nexus screen to write off the latest amoled panels. This one is top notch. Lastly and importantly, the reception on the Verizon Moto X is nothing short of astounding compared to the galaxy nexus or even my friends galaxy note 3. Even in my friends basement where his note 3 only got 3g the Moto X had strong 4g signal and didn't drain battery rapidly. Compared to the galaxy nexus its a gigantic improvement. Probably the best reception on any current generation Verizon smartphone.

http://www.motorola.com/us/developer-phones/
Current: VZW Moto X Dev Edition
Extra (previous): Galaxy Nexus LTE - CM10.2
Droid Incredible AMOLED - CM7.2
Father: HTC Rezound - Stock Rooted
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blackhand1001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beekay201
Old
Thanks Meter 1096
Cool story bro.

a hammerhead wrote this.
hammerhead/Omni-KOT49H/stock#3.4.0/M8974A-1.0.25.0.23
maguro/aosp-KRT16O/custom#3.0.101/XXLJ1
manta/stock-KRT16S/custom#3.4.39
tf201/cm10-NIGHTLY#20120820/stock#2.6.39.4
XDA forum rules here
bug report? logcat and /proc/kmsg, or it "never happened".
How TO Ask questions on the Internet
aosp-maguro READFIRST here (credit: efrant)
aosp-gnex READSECOND here (credit: efrant)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beekay201 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

AndyYan
Old
Thanks Meter 787
...But now that Motorola is a Lenovo company, we've yet to see the future of software updates for Moto X and G... What a pain. Even as a Chinese that lives in China, I disrespect Lenovo for this and most things they've done.

Sent from Google Nexus 4 @ CM11

Current devices:
Google Nexus 4 (CM11 Nightly)
Google Nexus 7 (2013, WiFi) (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Droid RAZR M (CM11 Nightly)
Motorola Photon Q 4G LTE (CM11 Nightly)
HTC Incredible S (CM11 Unofficial)

stonecoldf
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I would walk away just because of it being Lenovo owned now

93fuelslut
Old
Thanks Meter 230
Stonecold
Why, because its lenova? If so, what's the bad? The software ? If that's the case, ROMs should solve your problems

sent from your moms phone
The other hobby. best at 156 in the quarter mile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yR4t...e_gdata_player

Turd Furguson
Old
Thanks Meter 44
Not if support is dropped.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

iaom42
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm happy with lenovo... Not sure about their phones but I always recommend people buy their laptops. I'd get a moto X but I still want a Nexus device. Waiting to see if verizon ever gets another Nexus device. If they take my unlimited away I will move to another carrier for a Nexus device.

Larzzzz82
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackhand1001 View Post
Those on toro have probably struggled with the decision of what verizon device to move to. Well now the dev edition moto x 32GB is only 379.99 on verizon.
I do not see this phone on the VZW website and the Motorola website says $449.99. Where did you find it for that price?

rochlind
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I would walk away just because of it being Lenovo owned now

nullfeed
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iaom42 View Post
I'm happy with lenovo... Not sure about their phones but I always recommend people buy their laptops. I'd get a moto X but I still want a Nexus device. Waiting to see if verizon ever gets another Nexus device. If they take my unlimited away I will move to another carrier for a Nexus device.
This. Lenovo makes great laptops -- something that can't be said of many laptop manufacturers. Have they ever manufactered android phones? We will just have to wait and see how they are about software updates as they take over the MOTO mobile division. I hope they don't go down the bloatware route as bad as Samsung has on their non-nexus products.