Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,276 Members 44,657 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Official Galaxy Nexus in the Philippines

Tip us?

j.go
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerboii View Post
Is the GN officially available in the Philippines?
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtizon View Post
It will be through Smart. Bought mine at Greenhills though. Unlocked but not rooted yet. Loving it so far!
It was officially released by SMART at the end of January. So, yeah, it's been out for about a month. I bought mine at Thailand when I was there first week of January. I'm running CM9 nightlies with FuguMod kernel.

chipanggo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Just got my GNex about an hour ago from the grey market. Still have my GSII but will be selling it soon. I'll keep it stock for a few days. After that, it's rooting time and flashing ROMS. Can't wait to try out CM9. Any suggestions for a good ROM?

gtizon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
What type of batt life you get with the roms and kernels you're using? With standard batt of course. I barely get to 4 hours with data on all the time. I think the radio on my phone sucks. Rarely get a green signal as compared to the S2.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

landrian18
Old
Thanks Meter 25
I'm on gummy... ayos sa battery life ., using it all day.. (17-20hrs)

gamit ang gnex ( xda premium)
The Following User Says Thank You to landrian18 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

j.go
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtizon View Post
What type of batt life you get with the roms and kernels you're using? With standard batt of course. I barely get to 4 hours with data on all the time. I think the radio on my phone sucks. Rarely get a green signal as compared to the S2.

I can go a full day with data always on and still have around 40% battery life at the end of the day. That includes around 2-2.5 hours screen time and 2 hours or so of listening to music/audiobooks.

You are in a place where signal is poor. So the phone sends more juice to your radio in trying to maintain a decent connection. If you're only using data to send messages or text emails or anything that doesn't require high speed, try setting network to 2g only if you don't really need the speed. See if that helps.

EDIT: However, if all those 4 hours are spent surfing the internet with screen on, then you get about the same battery life as everyone else.
The Following User Says Thank You to j.go For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

gtizon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 77
Will try Gummy hopefully by tonight! Guess its time to get the extended batt for this one too. Lol! Globes 3g signal isnt as strong as smart.

swiftden
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Wow! Glad to see many pinoys here. Also got the extended batt. I have 2 cases, ringke slim, and a SGP Ultra Capsule.

I really am a power user. I charge twice a day. 6 hours of wifi tethering. Normal usage i can get to 12-16 hours with the extended batt (2.5 hours screen time). Batt life sucks but its better than my galaxy s2 considering the screen size.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

swiftden
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Gtizon! Hows the gnexus so far??

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

landrian18
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Wait ,guys all of you has GSM version? Considering I'm using LTE (verizon)and doesn't have the extended batt. I still have descent batt. life with my gnex.(gummy)

gamit ang gnex ( xda premium)

JMacalinao
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I think 4 hours is normal if that's only screen time with data on. I can easily pass 4.5 hours of screen time with WiFi and sync on, standard battery. (At least, that's what I got when I was addicted to "Where's My Water" and "Cut the Rope." Hehehe...)

For my normal usage though (lots of calls and texts, sync on, and a little bit of web browsing and Foursquare), I got 2h 18m screen plus 4h 2m voice calls in a span of 2d 7h before ending up with 4% remaining. The extended battery adds either ~1 hour (screen) or ~2 hours (voice) more to that.

As for the signal... My GNex is significantly better than the S2 for 2G, since the S2 drops the signal from time to time. As for 3G, not so much. Still difficult to get a signal from where I'm sitting, except when I stick the phone out the window, but who does that?