Ok my wife is Done with her GN

OP EyeAndroid

27th April 2012, 04:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 26

258 posts
More
Her phone will not stay connected on a call for more than 5 minutes at a time. It constantly goes into Airplane mode, and she randomly has data drops.

I've put her on AOKP 4, Liquid smooth & Android Rev HD 3.0, with Stock & Franco #2 milestone. NOTHING WORKS.

It sucks because I have no problems with mine, other than a bit of lag here and there (which may have been fixed with the Trinity Kernel).

So shes done. Already up and purchased an HTC one S. I really want her to stay in the GN but I think its just left a bad taste in her mouth.

I'm just really trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with her phone.

I haven't tried the newest 4.0.4 that was released a few days ago, but I honestly doubt its gonna do anything. Suggestions???
27th April 2012, 04:30 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 964

4,124 posts
Stock anybody? All the way stock with ugla4 or uglc1 radio? Trying to force roms perpetually in progress is a bad idea and your desire to force customization on her left her with a bad phone.

teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to @rbiter For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 04:40 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 38

211 posts
It's probably defective, especially if you've tried the plethora of software options that people are likely to suggest. Careful buying things out of frustration, though, especially things that are brand new to the market. The One S is not immune to QC defects and such. For instace:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...-problems.html

Get her GNex replaced. Or let her just go with the One S, I'm sure it's a solid phone. There are tradeoffs that she may or may not care about when one decides to use a non-Nexus phone. Just make sure she knows.
27th April 2012, 04:43 AM   |  #4  
Flag College Station, TX
Thanks Meter: 323

1,649 posts
More
Why would you buy your wife a Galaxy Nexus and unlock it? I'm going to assume she's not Android savy or knows what you're doing, but seriously a bad idea just asking for trouble.

Just saying.

Also, that's a hard issue.
Let her keep the One S and keep it Stock. Its a good UX and won't break on her. Personally, I wouldn't recommend a Nexus phone to someone such as your wife.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
Last edited by Smokeey; 27th April 2012 at 04:45 AM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smokeey For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 04:46 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 38

211 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeey

Why would you buy your wife a Galaxy Nexus and unlock it? I'm going to assume she's not Android savy or knows what you're doing, but seriously a bad idea just asking for trouble.

Just saying.

Also, that's a hard issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

He may have unlocked it just to try some different solutions to fix or alleviate the problems they were having.

But yeah, I think the more appropriate thing to have done is just take it back and get a new one. You paid for a working phone, don't ever hesitate to keep taking it back until you get one that works as it should!
27th April 2012, 04:49 AM   |  #6  
Flag Central Ohio
Thanks Meter: 14

69 posts
I have heard that several people with that problem have had their GN replaced and fixed the problem. When I got mine, the verizon rep specifically told
me that if I had that problem to bring it back to get replaced. I think they had a bad batch of phones....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium
27th April 2012, 02:45 PM   |  #7  
Somewhere in between
Thanks Meter: 447

1,408 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter

teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.

i simply love this line. i would like to place this on my signature but out of respect i'll ask first. may i?
27th April 2012, 03:16 PM   |  #8  
Flag Nottinghamshire
Thanks Meter: 56

496 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephantom

i simply love this line. i would like to place this on my signature but out of respect i'll ask first. may i?

me too :)
27th April 2012, 03:18 PM   |  #9  
Flag Buffalo, NY
Thanks Meter: 37

372 posts
More
Did you try just ... stock? If that's doesn't work, then it is clearly a hardware issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarkGbe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th April 2012, 04:24 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 44

472 posts
More
Normal users should use stock IMHO. It's can be frustrating hobby otherwise

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mcgon1979 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread