XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Ok my wife is Done with her GN

Tip us?

EyeAndroid
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 26
Default Ok my wife is Done with her GN

Her phone will not stay connected on a call for more than 5 minutes at a time. It constantly goes into Airplane mode, and she randomly has data drops.

I've put her on AOKP 4, Liquid smooth & Android Rev HD 3.0, with Stock & Franco #2 milestone. NOTHING WORKS.

It sucks because I have no problems with mine, other than a bit of lag here and there (which may have been fixed with the Trinity Kernel).

So shes done. Already up and purchased an HTC one S. I really want her to stay in the GN but I think its just left a bad taste in her mouth.

I'm just really trying to figure out what the heck is wrong with her phone.

I haven't tried the newest 4.0.4 that was released a few days ago, but I honestly doubt its gonna do anything. Suggestions???

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 935
Stock anybody? All the way stock with ugla4 or uglc1 radio? Trying to force roms perpetually in progress is a bad idea and your desire to force customization on her left her with a bad phone.

teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to @rbiter For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vash1053
Old
Thanks Meter 38
It's probably defective, especially if you've tried the plethora of software options that people are likely to suggest. Careful buying things out of frustration, though, especially things that are brand new to the market. The One S is not immune to QC defects and such. For instace:

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc...-problems.html

Get her GNex replaced. Or let her just go with the One S, I'm sure it's a solid phone. There are tradeoffs that she may or may not care about when one decides to use a non-Nexus phone. Just make sure she knows.

Smokeey
Old
(Last edited by Smokeey; 27th April 2012 at 03:45 AM.)
Thanks Meter 321
Why would you buy your wife a Galaxy Nexus and unlock it? I'm going to assume she's not Android savy or knows what you're doing, but seriously a bad idea just asking for trouble.

Just saying.

Also, that's a hard issue.
Let her keep the One S and keep it Stock. Its a good UX and won't break on her. Personally, I wouldn't recommend a Nexus phone to someone such as your wife.
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA

"the definition of open: 'mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make'" -Andy Rubin

Devices:
Droid Incredible
Samsung Galaxy Nexus[LTE]
LG G2[T-Mobile]
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Smokeey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

vash1053
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeey View Post
Why would you buy your wife a Galaxy Nexus and unlock it? I'm going to assume she's not Android savy or knows what you're doing, but seriously a bad idea just asking for trouble.

Just saying.

Also, that's a hard issue.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
He may have unlocked it just to try some different solutions to fix or alleviate the problems they were having.

But yeah, I think the more appropriate thing to have done is just take it back and get a new one. You paid for a working phone, don't ever hesitate to keep taking it back until you get one that works as it should!

kprice1658
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I have heard that several people with that problem have had their GN replaced and fixed the problem. When I got mine, the verizon rep specifically told
me that if I had that problem to bring it back to get replaced. I think they had a bad batch of phones....

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using xda premium

thephantom
Old
Thanks Meter 440
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post

teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.
i simply love this line. i would like to place this on my signature but out of respect i'll ask first. may i?
LG Nexus 5
Nokia Lumia 1520
Asus Google Nexus 7 4.4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post

Rumble6059
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by thephantom View Post
i simply love this line. i would like to place this on my signature but out of respect i'll ask first. may i?
me too :)
If I helped at all, please hit thanks

[Device] LG G2 (D802 10b)
[ROM]
OptimusRS Pro2 ROM [V4.3]

[Device] HTC HD2
[ROM]
Dual Booting WP7.5 & Android Jelly Bean

[Device] Asus Transformer
[ROM]
Stock ROM

[Device] Xperia X10i

[Device] Xperia X1

MarkGbe
Old
Thanks Meter 37
Did you try just ... stock? If that's doesn't work, then it is clearly a hardware issue.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MarkGbe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mcgon1979
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Normal users should use stock IMHO. It's can be frustrating hobby otherwise
Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Desire, Nokia N82, Nokia N95-8gb, Nokia N73, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 7210, Nokia 3120, Nokia 3220, Motorola v8088, Panasonic GD90, Nokia 8890, Panasonic GD30, Nokia 3210, Nokia 5110, Cups n String.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mcgon1979 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]