Optimized bionic and dalvik libs

Search This thread

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
It for qualcomm.. not for our Gnex -maguro- (TIomap)

I originally had this thought too, but as said by the thread's contributor @xboxfanj :

People have reported increases on the Nexus S, which is also not Qualcomm. It won't brick you, so try it and report your results here. If nothing else, you can always restore a backup (or just reflash the ROM you're on, which will also restore the system partition).

So just try it and if it doesn't work, ditch it.

AndyYan

Recognized Contributor
Jan 30, 2012
Beijing
I tried them. It didnt hurt anything. But I dont know if its making anything better.

As far as I saw in and out of the thread, the vast "improvement" is largely limited to benchmarks... Using the patch, I managed to get my Photon Q (dual-core MSM8960 + 1GB RAM) to score 19404 in AnTuTu (typically it scores ~16500), which almost beats that of a stock Nexus 4. However, since the phone doesn't lag originally, I can't see any improvement in day-to-day usage.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Nexus @ CM11

xboxfanj

Recognized Developer
Apr 24, 2011
St. Louis
As far as I saw in and out of the thread, the vast "improvement" is largely limited to benchmarks... Using the patch, I managed to get my Photon Q (dual-core MSM8960 + 1GB RAM) to score 19404 in AnTuTu (typically it scores ~16500), which almost beats that of a stock Nexus 4. However, since the phone doesn't lag originally, I can't see any improvement in day-to-day usage.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Nexus @ CM11
It's hard to say if it's smoother than before, but it certainly feels smooth with it.

Not exactly sure what it does. It's not an AppSpy, like Samsung, where it bumps up the freq when it detects an app (such as quadrant).

Top Liked Posts