Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 51,239 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Just got OTA 4.0.2.

Tip us?

mcgon1979
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Yup. I have no Mods on my phone though. It's just as it was when I bought it unlocked sim free few weeks ago.
I'm glad I took that screenshot now, otherwise I'd be wondering if I did actually see it asking me to update to 4.0.2. on my GSM Nexus.
It did nothing after I clicked install and restart. So after a while I just manually restarted. nothing.
Maybe I got that notification by mistake?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manafa View Post
I have exactly the same problem as you. Ask me this morning for upgrade, I agreed, phone reboot and freezed on the ripped droid, because of CWM. Then I restart and uninstall the CWM, but no update request anymore
Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Desire, Nokia N82, Nokia N95-8gb, Nokia N73, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 7210, Nokia 3120, Nokia 3220, Motorola v8088, Panasonic GD90, Nokia 8890, Panasonic GD30, Nokia 3210, Nokia 5110, Cups n String.

mcgon1979
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
After doing research on here and on the web, I think I got this update notification by mistake. I cannot see any other posts about any GSM units getting bumped to 4.0.2. Only LTE Verison handsets seem to have got the update.
Interestingly though my update was 8mb and the LTE update is 10.
Nexus 5, Galaxy Nexus, HTC Desire, Nokia N82, Nokia N95-8gb, Nokia N73, Nokia 6230i, Nokia 7210, Nokia 3120, Nokia 3220, Motorola v8088, Panasonic GD90, Nokia 8890, Panasonic GD30, Nokia 3210, Nokia 5110, Cups n String.

krohnjw
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgon1979 View Post
After doing research on here and on the web, I think I got this update notification by mistake. I cannot see any other posts about any GSM units getting bumped to 4.0.2. Only LTE Verison handsets seem to have got the update.
Interestingly though my update was 8mb and the LTE update is 10.
Given that it's flagged by IMEI I doubt this was in error.

JBQ also posted factory images for 4.0.2 for Maguro/Tuna - then stated this was only done for builds heading to consumers.
The Following User Says Thank You to krohnjw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

qwerp_
Old
Thanks Meter 91
GSM version has 4.0.2 update, but not pushed over.

i have manually downloaded the stock image from google and manualy flash it.

i am now running 4.0.2

http://code.google.com/android/nexus/images.html

what i did was,

backup my system (just incase).

Factory Images "yakju" for Galaxy Nexus "maguro" (GSM/HSPA+)
(all file extract from the 4.0.2 (ICL53F) image)

flash bootloader
flash radio
flash recovery
flash system

and reboot, and presto. you are on 4.0.2.

my experience, this does not remove all your data.
just similar to a upgrade for me.

a side note. i am running everything stock..
The Following User Says Thank You to qwerp_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Goat_For_Sale
Old
Thanks Meter 30
This update was also released in canada yesterday/today. my understanding is it is pretty much the volume fix for the 900 band.

Changes your build from ITL41D => ITL41F
Current Phone: Galaxy Nexus
Last Phone: Samsung Nexus S i9020 - ICS 4.0 Tweaked by BRainmaster
Previously on: HTC Desire

Android: Making grown men pee sitting down since 2.0

krohnjw
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat_For_Sale View Post
This update was also released in canada yesterday/today. my understanding is it is pretty much the volume fix for the 900 band.

Changes your build from ITL41D => ITL41F
4.0.1 was the volume fix. 4.0.2 is build ICL53F.

mcgon1979
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 43
Hey qwerp, thanks for the info. I had thought about doing that (Im 100% stock too), but might just wait. I'm not overly familiar with flashing etc. also, the update I got prompted to download to update to 4.0.2 was 8.7mb. The image file was approx 180mb. I guess you just flashed the parts relevant to the update or something like that to avoid losing your data.

I'll just wait it out I think. The fact that the updates are pushed by IMEI(as krohnjw mentions) it seems GSM will get the 4.0.2. update imminently and perhaps I was just part of the initial push. It didn't work anyway. Downloaded fine but no install took place when I pressed "install and restart" button (or was it "restart and install" ), and when I manually rebooted later there was nothing in the /cache folder. And my phoen is on 4.0.1. with no updates available.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerp_ View Post
i have manually downloaded the stock image from google and manualy flash it.

i am now running 4.0.2

krohnjw
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 527
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgon1979 View Post
Hey qwerp, thanks for the info. I had thought about doing that (Im 100% stock too), but might just wait. I'm not overly familiar with flashing etc. also, the update I got prompted to download to update to 4.0.2 was 8.7mb. The image file was approx 180mb. I guess you just flashed the parts relevant to the update or something like that to avoid losing your data.

I'll just wait it out I think. The fact that the updates are pushed by IMEI(as krohnjw mentions) it seems GSM will get the 4.0.2. update imminently and perhaps I was just part of the initial push. It didn't work anyway. Downloaded fine but no install took place when I pressed "install and restart" button (or was it "restart and install" ), and when I manually rebooted later there was nothing in the /cache folder. And my phoen is on 4.0.1. with no updates available.
Try checking in manually again

*#*#CHECKIN#*#*

If it prompts you to update don't download. Start a logcat and then download it. Save that logcat (it will contain the update URL).

I am not sure if /cache gets wiped at boot or not. If that happens again let it boot into recovery (Android with the red triangle) hold power and vol up and manually select to apply update from cache and see what happens.
The Following User Says Thank You to krohnjw For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

matteventu
Old
Thanks Meter 113
I've upgraded today morning my Galaxy Nexus (ITA) at 4.0.2 via OTA (my GN is fully stock).

I've noticed also Wi-Fi improvements.
Excuseme for my poor english
HTC Polaris - Galaxy Ace Plus - HTC Desire - Acer Liquid MT - Nexus S - Galaxy Ace 2 - Moto G - Xperia T - Galaxy Nexus - Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to matteventu For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jackie_jagger
Old
Thanks Meter 118
My phone is too from UK and a GSM variant. I checked the OTA system it keeps telling me my system is up to date.

How exactly do I check if my build is my device?

Thanks !