Porting Android L (LPV81B) to tuna, help needed, ...

OP Carlos_Manuel

16th October 2014, 06:24 AM   |  #201  
Thanks Meter: 64

262 posts
So in two days the SDK will be available. With the new ducati and gfx drivers we shall have the first lolipop ROMs for maguro

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
16th October 2014, 07:11 AM   |  #202  
Flag Rome
Thanks Meter: 12

28 posts
More
We have to wait for the source code to be published. Usually this is done some days after system images are made available for officially supported Nexus devices. So I think we have to wait more than two days...
16th October 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #203  
Flag flithydelphia
Thanks Meter: 12,246

9,145 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreadec

We have to wait for the source code to be published. Usually this is done some days after system images are made available for officially supported Nexus devices. So I think we have to wait more than two days...

The issues weren't with the drivers as I was working with los93sol as he was going through it so new preview images and some binaries aren't gonna magically make it work now.
As far as a few days, you got a few weeks. There is just new preview images coming and not official factory images yet.
You won't see those or source till at least one of the new nexus devices go to ship which is looking to be nov 9th

Sent from my LG-D851
16th October 2014, 09:20 PM   |  #204  
Flag Pittsburgh
Thanks Meter: 96

234 posts
More
I thought the major issue was that the preview images had a lot of graphics things hardcoded in? There have been SDK ports in the past obviously, but I wonder if that same thing would still be a problem. Either way, at this point an SDK port isn't worth it with source drop being close.
16th October 2014, 11:52 PM   |  #205  
Flag flithydelphia
Thanks Meter: 12,246

9,145 posts
Donate to Me
More
That was for the 1+1 and g3 mostly were we needed updated code for the qhd screen but on the gnex, we didn't have the egl3.1 binaries to match up with L.
The bigger problem on the gnex was no code to use to support the chipset so it was practically impossible and I know @los93sol tried every way we could think of to get around it

Sent from my LG-D851
The Following User Says Thank You to sykopompos For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread