[Q] Quickest way to silence/vibrate the phone from the lock screen

Search This thread

dipdeol

Jun 21, 2006
I'm planning on getting this phone, but I'm skeptical about the new lock screen not having an option to quickly set the phone to vibrate. Is the quickest way to do this by unlocking the phone and then holding the volume button down or using a home screen widget?

Stigy

Feb 4, 2009
Not sure if it still works in ICS, BUT if you are on the lockscreen hold the power button down like you are going to turn the phone off. You should get the power down menu.

Then use the volume rocker accordingly to lower/mute the volume of the phone.

Can anyone confirm this still works on ICS?

chandlerweb

May 12, 2010
when a call comes in, press volume Down and it immediately mutes the ringtone but leaves the screen on

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

when a call comes in, pressing power button mutes the sound AND turns the screen off

Chrono_Tata

Sep 29, 2010
The quickest way to do it I find is press power once to turn on the screen (no need to slide unlock) and then hold down power. You'll get three options, the first of which is to put the phone into silent mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App

Reactions: dipdeol

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The quickest way to do it I find is press power once to turn on the screen (no need to slide unlock) and then hold down power. You'll get three options, the first of which is to put the phone into silent mode.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA App