5,597,871 Members 38,354 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[R&D] Unlocking the Galaxy Nexus SIM Lock

Tip us?

zEar
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Yes you have to unlock your bootloader because the hack requires root and busybox tools.

As for the drops, the XKKL1 radio seems stable. I've been using it with stock 4.0.2 and no drops so far...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA
zEar - RE Island - Pwnd Galaxy Nexus 4.1

Fishmanzero
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Just ordered a SC-04D, searched around for the SIM unlock info and found this thread as well as some Japanese posts.

It seems that some Japanese guys got IMEI messed-up after unlocking this way? If so is there any way to modify IMEI after that?

Any way, I will try this out once I get the GN in hand.

ygvuhb
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmanzero View Post
Just ordered a SC-04D, searched around for the SIM unlock info and found this thread as well as some Japanese posts.

It seems that some Japanese guys got IMEI messed-up after unlocking this way? If so is there any way to modify IMEI after that?

Any way, I will try this out once I get the GN in hand.
http://translate.google.com/translat...oto%3Dlastpost

please help to test is it work or not

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 7764

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zEar View Post
Yes you have to unlock your bootloader because the hack requires root and busybox tools.

[snip]
Don't need to unlock anymore. See here.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

mrx8836350
Old
Thanks Meter 382
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post23645126

just make an apk to unlcok simlock galaxy nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to mrx8836350 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thadeshwar2000
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilsonlam97 View Post
Would it work if you just reflash the radio when you unlock the bootloader?
hey guys can u just tell me how to go to this stage step by step because i m little confuse how to start it can u please write down all the steps to go till that step to make 1 to 0 plese let me know as soon as possible

---------- Post added at 03:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenye View Post
I'm starting off trying to use Odia's method on nv_data.bin. Haven't been able to find the 5 sets of hashes I need to brute force. Also, the file is not in /efs on the Galaxy Nexus, it's in /factory.

If you would like to help, I've attached the file I'm working on. To be honest, the salt has probably been changed to prevent this method from working
hey guys can u tell me how to use this nv_data.bin file please
The Following User Says Thank You to thadeshwar2000 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Kolpex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadeshwar2000 View Post
hey guys can u just tell me how to go to this stage step by step because i m little confuse how to start it can u please write down all the steps to go till that step to make 1 to 0 plese let me know as soon as possible
+999999999999

cannot agree more...
It seems so complicated and so frustrating that I can't sim-unlock my Galaxy Nexus while I was able to unlock my iPhone 4 with one single click from the integrated browser... is it just me or android really sucks for this!? Why a 5 years old child can unlock an iPhone, but we guys stuck with the super strong unbreakable Galaxy Nexus sim lock??? this is crazy **** I'm considering getting a refund for this phone if I can't sim-unlock it as I just can't use it with my carrier... stupid lock!!! I though Android was "open" source.....

herbert1
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolpex View Post
+999999999999

cannot agree more...
It seems so complicated and so frustrating that I can't sim-unlock my Galaxy Nexus while I was able to unlock my iPhone 4 with one single click from the integrated browser... is it just me or android really sucks for this!? Why a 5 years old child can unlock an iPhone, but we guys stuck with the super strong unbreakable Galaxy Nexus sim lock??? this is crazy **** I'm considering getting a refund for this phone if I can't sim-unlock it as I just can't use it with my carrier... stupid lock!!! I though Android was "open" source.....
Just 3 remarks:
- everything is not "open-source" in android. The linux kernel and the android OS are, but not all drivers and not all applications...
- even if Android is open source, that don't mean that the cryptographic keys used to simlock/unsimlock the phone are freely accessibles ! Open source don't mean insecure !
- Galaxy Nexus is a new device, if Samsung has done its manufacturer work correctly, it's quite normal that it takes some time... Buy a recent simlocked phone (on a other carrier than yours), is generally not the best idea someone can have

Perhaps you could buy a sim-unlock code, couldn't you ?
The Following User Says Thank You to herbert1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 7764

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadeshwar2000 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolpex View Post
+999999999999

cannot agree more...
Doesn't the app from post #75 work?
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

igma
Old
(Last edited by igma; 27th March 2012 at 11:30 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Post step by step

here a simple steb by step
1: unlock your bootloader
2: root your phone
3: when phone on turn usb debug on
4: run the hack.
if that doesn't work than just flash a custom rom i would recomend android revolution i think is stable and run the hack with usb debug on again and it's done. 100%
and one more thing, script is writen if the adnroid sdk is in location c:/ program files/android/android-sdk/platform-tools
so just copy simlock to this location and run it

here is gnex toolkit
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1392310
and atached hack you just have to extract it.
someone else made the script I just downloaded and I upload it here maybe is easier for people.
Attached Files
File Type: rar simlock.rar - [Click for QR Code] (772 Bytes, 123 views)

Tags
galaxy, nexus, samsung, unlocking