Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,947 Members 40,792 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JWR66Y / 4.3

Tip us?

oldblue910
Old
Recognized Contributor / Archivist-in-Chief
Thanks Meter 2198

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JOP40D / 4

The takju update has been mirrored on randomphantasmagoria.com.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Every OTA update for every Nexus and Google Experience device since the Motorola Droid at http://www.randomphantasmagoria.com/firmware.

Model:
Carrier:
ROM:
Radio:
Bootloader:

Samsung Galaxy S5
SM-G900A
AT&T
klteuc 4.4.2 / KOT49H
G900AUCU2AND3
G900AUCU2AND3

Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0
SGH-I467
AT&T
konalteatt 4.1.2 / JZO54K
I467UCAMF2
I467UCAMF2

Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
SM-P907A
AT&T
viennalteatt 4.4.2 / KOT49H
P907AUCU1AND7
P907AUCU1AND7

Samsung Gear Live
SM-R382
N/A
sprat 4.4W / KMV78X
N/A
SPRAT.NG1
The Following User Says Thank You to oldblue910 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Angelakaro
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Is it possible to receive the ota running with unlocked bootloader?
PHONE: Nexus 5

osm0sis
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13442
Yes. Unlocked, rooted, no problem, you just may need to root it again after the OTA since it will change the permissions of the su binary.

CWM 6.x will protect the su permissions so I recommend flashing it as your recovery and then applying the OTA patch from there.
The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Angelakaro
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis View Post
Yes. Unlocked, rooted, no problem, you just may need to root it again after the OTA since it will change the permissions of the su binary.

CWM 6.x will protect the su permissions so I recommend flashing it as your recovery and then applying the OTA patch from there.
Strange..i didn't get the ota,clean system,no root and unlocked bootloader (of course i switched to takju). So,after many tries, i flashed the ota package through cwm. Going to see what's changed
PHONE: Nexus 5

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8031

DONATE TO ME
Thanks, First post updated.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

bagl0312
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default R: [REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JDQ39 / 4.2

Since I was tired to wait for the yakju updates, I decided to move to takju following the instructions here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1995263

Then I installed the JDQ39 takju update with TWRP, and everything was fine. I had just to reflash superSU to gain root.

No data loss and no problem found so far.

osm0sis
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13442
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelakaro View Post
Strange..i didn't get the ota,clean system,no root and unlocked bootloader (of course i switched to takju). So,after many tries, i flashed the ota package through cwm. Going to see what's changed
Yeah getting the OTA notification is random and can take forever, this has nothing to do with device configuration though. Luckily, running custom recovery makes it so we can all get it regardless.

le_prof
Old
(Last edited by le_prof; 13th February 2013 at 03:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 12
Default Re: [REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JDQ39 / 4.

I have been using Franco Kernel with JB 4.2.1. I flashed back to stock kernel and tried to flash OTA 4.2.2, but get an error message concerning power.tuna.so.

Did a search and found that at post 1893, osm0sis said the following:

Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis View Post
Go to /system/lib/hw/ and move power.tuna.so.fkbak to power.tuna.so, then everything should work fine. Make sure you move the file, not copy, since you'll want franco.Kernel to back up the new one too, and the script only does that when .fkbak doesn't already exist.
Need clarification. How does one move power.tuna.so.fkbak to power.tuna.so ??!! Arent those two files ? Shouldnt there be a folder involved? I am using Root Explorer.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Figured it out myself ! I deleted power.tuna.so and then renamed power.tuna.so.fkbak to power.tuna.so using Root Explorer. Successfully updated to JDQ39 !
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to le_prof For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

anewbieuser
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bagl0312 View Post
Since I was tired to wait for the yakju updates, I decided to move to takju following the instructions here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1995263

Then I installed the JDQ39 takju update with TWRP, and everything was fine. I had just to reflash superSU to gain root.

No data loss and no problem found so far.
Just wondering. if I am a yakju on 4.2.1, can I still flash it to takju 4.2.1 with the factory image? of does it need to be an upgrade from say 4.2? Coz the instruction in the post from your link was an upgrade.

bagl0312
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Default R: [REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JDQ39 / 4.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by anewbieuser View Post
Just wondering. if I am a yakju on 4.2.1, can I still flash it to takju 4.2.1 with the factory image? of does it need to be an upgrade from say 4.2? Coz the instruction in the post from your link was an upgrade.
You can "upgrade" to takju 4.2.1 even if you are already using yakju 4.2.1
Worked perfectly for me without data loss. I had to reflash the TWRP recovery using fastboot, since the above procedure overwrite it with stock recovery

The Following User Says Thank You to bagl0312 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
google, link, official, ota, update