Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,150 Members 44,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF] [HOW-TO] [GSM & CDMA] Official Google OTA update URLs -- Latest: JWR66Y / 4.3

Tip us?

sharky34
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by osm0sis View Post
The OTA is looking for 4.2.1, so that's what you need. Randomphantasmagoria.com has backups of all the old factory images so you can grab it from there. Good idea to keep the image of your current build on your PC in the future.
Smart advice, I will look for it.

Quote:
Out of curiosity, what kernel do you run on both devices? Did you disable Logger in the settings to save battery, by chance?
My devices are stock but rooted.

Mirkochip
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharky34 View Post
I have the debuggerd issue, too, on both my Galaxy Nexus and my Nexus 7.
The issue is there when accepting the OTA upgrade or when trying to upgrade through CMW recovery.

There is something I don't get on your workaround. Do you extract the debuggerd file from the 422 factory image? from the system.img file you find when unzipping?
In fact, I am actually running 421 but the factory images for JOP40D are no longer available.

Thank you for your help.
Obviously from 4.2.1

Su_Tweetz
Old
(Last edited by Su_Tweetz; 17th February 2013 at 05:21 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Hi guys,

I'm running stock firmware with stock recovery in my rooted Galaxy Nexus (takju). My girlfriend got the OTA update (same phone as mine but not rooted) two days back.

So last night I manually updated my to JDQ39 from JOP40D (method 2 in the OP). The update went fine and I rooted the phone afterwards as well. But however since the update, my data connection is not working. Even wi-fi is not working.

There are no saved APN settings in my APN list anymore. And when I try to include an APN, after saving it it won't appear in the APN menu so basically my phone is dead in data connectivity.

Calls and SMSs and everything else is working fine. This is the only issue I have come across. What do you guys think that I should do?

Can I re-flash the update? I'm not sure about this because the zip says JDQ39 from JOP40D and since now i'm already in JDQ39 is it possible to do so? Or is this something to do with the radio not being flashed properly? In that case can I flash only the radio and see?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT:

I just flashed the radio from the JOP40D image I had (radio-maguro-i9250xxlh1) using adb. This managed to solve the problem.
LG Nexus 5
Rooted Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Asus Nexus 7 (2012)
Stock 4.4.2 KitKat

Previous

Samsung Galaxy Nexus GSM
CyanogenMod 10.2-maguro Stable

yunle
Old
Thanks Meter 15
I have my maps.apk modified so that OTA failed. Can anyone share the stock Maps.apk of 4.2.1 please.

osm0sis
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13499
Quote:
Originally Posted by yunle View Post
I have my maps.apk modified so that OTA failed. Can anyone share the stock Maps.apk of 4.2.1 please.
The OPs explain how to extract it from Google's factory image yourself. Go read and do so.
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.

The Following User Says Thank You to osm0sis For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

yunle
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
The OTA is looking for 4.2.1, so that's what you need. Randomphantasmagoria.com has backups of all the old factory images so you can grab it from there. Good idea to keep the image of your current build on your PC in the future.

Out of curiosity, what kernel do you run on both devices? Did you disable Logger in the settings to save battery, by chance?
Thanks a lot, that helped!

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

Quote:
The OPs explain how to extract it from Google's factory image yourself. Go read and do so.
Yeah I know how to extract files from factory images, but just couldnt find the factory image for 4.2.1. Just got it from randomphantasmagoria.com
The Following User Says Thank You to yunle For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osm0sis
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13499
See now you'll know how to do all this in the future if you ever have a problem, isn't this great?
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.

Dolphin Trainer
Old
(Last edited by Dolphin Trainer; 3rd March 2013 at 11:04 PM.)
Thanks Meter 63
New OTA.. yakjudv Telstra Australia 4.0.4 to 4.1.2.

http://android.clients.google.com/pa..._to_JZO54K.zip

Includes radio DVLH1.. the same as the Vodafone yakjudv build for the first time.

Edit: just noticed that radio hasn't been posted anywhere yet.. so i'll rip it and post sometime tonight or tomorrow (AUS time).
Google Nexus 7 2013 (stock_4.4.2+franco kernel+Xposed)
Google Nexus 5 D821 (stock_4.4.2+franco kernel+Xposed)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dolphin Trainer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

osm0sis
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 13499
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin Trainer View Post

Includes radio DVLH1.. the same as the Vodafone yakjudv build for the first time.

Edit: just noticed that radio hasn't been posted anywhere yet.. so i'll rip it and post sometime tonight or tomorrow (AUS time).
RIL too please. I'd like to know how my pattern is holding up.

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator - OP
Thanks Meter 8032

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin Trainer View Post

Thanks. First post updated.
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...

Tags
google, link, official, ota, update