Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 39,055 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

REMOVED

Tip us?

Asmodicus
Old
(Last edited by Asmodicus; 18th February 2013 at 09:35 AM.)
Thanks Meter 665
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreiLux View Post
I actually missed what happened here, maybe for the better.
Although certainly not everything is wrong, the vast amount of information is wrong. It's supposed to be a "simple" introduction to things but it severely veers off cliff on several things. The explanations seems to be actually copied, or may I say, "rewritten in OP's own words" (Probably why so much is wrong) from all over the place, with little actual knowledge on the topics. Some of the governor explanations really sticked out as painfully wrong and I corrected some of them.

I doubt OP can actually explain anything in this "guide", as I've said most of it is wrong and copied out of context. The zRam explanation is actually out of this world:
Disk paging doesn't even exist on a phone, unless you have a custom kernel which supports, and you yourself actually created a swap space. Fragmentation doesn't exist / doesn't matter on solid state memory.

This really shouldn't be a sticky, and people really would be better off following other guides.
I assume, in your own way, that you're trying to help. Thing is, your condescending tone makes no one want to listen to you. Instead of coming into this thread offering your criticisms, you could offer your assistance to edit the OP. Maybe you're not deliberately trying to be so abrasive, but that's the way you come across. To me, anyway.

MBQSniper is nothing if not helpful, patient, and kind when helping other users. None of us know everything. If we did, we wouldn't be here.
Device: Nexus 5
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Asmodicus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mamba720027
Old
Thanks Meter 1,549
Default Re: [GUIDE] CPU Governors, TCP algorithms, Android Tips, & IO Schedulers: In my Own W

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBQsniper View Post
Don't care

Thx

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Actually you should care because you're posting mostly wrong information while others are blindly following.

I rember reading up on governors in the link Andrei posted and from another older source long ago and comparing what I understand from useing all those governors and reading up on each of them with what u wrote in your guide is totally different. I can see you're trying to simplify it for everyone to understand in your own way but its not exactly correct and can be confusing cause somethings you mention are unrelated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to mamba720027 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Nephilim
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 9,235

DONATE TO ME
Default Re: [GUIDE] CPU Governors, TCP algorithms, Android Tips, & IO Schedulers: In my Own W

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamba720027 View Post
Actually you should care because you're posting mostly wrong information while others are blindly following.

I rember reading up on governors in the link Andrei posted and from another older source long ago and comparing what I understand from useing all those governors and reading up on each of them with what u wrote in your guide is totally different. I can see you're trying to simplify it for everyone to understand in your own way but its not exactly correct and can be confusing cause somethings you mention are unrelated.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
This is the tone AndreiLux should have taken. You stated your criticism in a respectful and constructive way. Thank you.

Sent from my AK Dummy Powered AOSPA Galaxy Nexus

Click "Show Content" For Links To My Custom Kernel Settings Thread and Official Google+ Community

Nephilim's Custom Kernel Settings Thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...6#post44514476
Nephilim's Android Resource Community on Google+: https://plus.google.com/communities/...81984046422598
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nephilim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alfagama
Old
Thanks Meter 11
this guide is absolutely must ... thanks a lot.
Galaxy Nexus yakju | PitchBlack 2.2L |
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to alfagama For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

renaud
Old
(Last edited by renaud; 20th February 2013 at 08:18 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,226

DONATE TO ME
Thanks for the suggestion on using lux for autobrightness, I didn't know this app, but it works nicely.

I know MBQsniper is trying to help people, and he does in many parts of the guide. But unfortunately the governor part is ridden with mistakes, and spreading wrong info is probably not the best way to help people as once you have learned something with a mistake, it's hard to forget it.

fsync section should probably be changed from
Code:
FSYNC:
Faster file reading/loading with a risk of crashing your files on your phone
to
Code:
FSYNC:
When disabled, provides faster writing (not reading) of files with the risk of data loss if the phone crashes or is shut down improperly.
I gave up the idea of a useful signature
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to renaud For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MBQ_
Old
Account currently disabled - OP
Thanks Meter 23,070

DONATE TO ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by renaud View Post
Thanks for the suggestion on using lux for autobrightness, I didn't know this app, but it works nicely.

I know MBQsniper is trying to help people, and he does in many parts of the guide. But unfortunately the governor part is ridden with mistakes, and spreading wrong info is probably not the best way to help people as once you have learned something with a mistake, it's hard to forget it.

fsync section should probably be changed from
Code:
FSYNC:
Faster file reading/loading with a risk of crashing your files on your phone
to
Code:
FSYNC:
When disabled, provides faster writing (not reading) of files with the risk of data loss if the phone crashes or is shut down improperly.
Thank you

Will change it when I have time

I'll give credit to you

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MBQ_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MBQ_
Old
Thanks Meter 23,070

DONATE TO ME
Updated:
Added renauds explanation of FSYNC, thanks bro
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MBQ_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

TechGuyDev
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Default Thanx .

Wow Thanks Man its Great Job .. God Bless You ..
The Following User Says Thank You to TechGuyDev For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Garuxa
Old
Thanks Meter 215

Excellent and simple. What better than that?
Thanks for this great contribution

I add subscription for this

Cheers!

Enviado desde mi GT-I9100
Motorola Moto X
Just Stock non Rooted [KK 4.4.4]

=============================================

Previous Androids: Samsung Galaxy 5 GT-I5500L (Sold) - LG Optimus One P500 (Sold) - Motorola Defy MB525 (Bayer Module) (I lent it to my girlfriend) - Samsung Galaxy S II GT-I9100 (I gave it to my father)

Don't like my reply? READ THIS! Or shut up and WATCH AND LISTEN CAREFULLY THIS!
The Following User Says Thank You to Garuxa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

MBQ_
Old
Thanks Meter 23,070

DONATE TO ME
Thank you all for your kind words. I'm extremely grateful I'm able to help out this community.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MBQ_ For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
THREAD CLOSED
Subscribe