Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,064 Members 40,974 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Which ROM/Kernel are you using and Why?

Tip us?

amd-dude
Old
Thanks Meter 61
CM Remix: So far for me the most stable 4.4 rom with all the features that I like. Not to complicated or over done.

Kernel: Stock CM Remix kernel; 350mhz min 1200mhz max. Interactive governor, battery life is good, granted I have the onite extended battery, on-screen time of about 5 hours and still have 30% battery left.

vitalero
Old
Thanks Meter 44
i am currently using AOKP but it looks like its dieing, so i am also looking for a new ROM+Kernel package
would love to hear more people recommending
█ Galaxy Nexus GSM █ AOKP KitKat Nightly 2014-01-09█ Franco Kernel #392(osm0sis fix) █
█ Transformer Prime █ AndroWook HairyBean 2.3.1 █ Handsbuah Kernel █
Join to Dropbox and win 500mb free from this Link , Enjoy!

jazle
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vitalero View Post
i am currently using AOKP but it looks like its dieing, so i am also looking for a new ROM+Kernel package
would love to hear more people recommending
Paranoid Android 4.44 and fancy kernel r51+r52 with F2FS is the best match for smooth and system stability IMO, let it runs with Dalvik and don't try to activate ART, ART is faster, but not stable enough. I have tried also Dirty V but my device is getting too hot apart in term of performance it is better than fancy.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

mugna91
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Cyanogenmod 11 nightly 24 with Franco.kernel. nice performance so far. Not so nice for battery.

Inviato dal mio Galaxy Nexus utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mugna91 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

venni
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Paranoid Android 4.5 Alpha 2 F2FS with SmittyV 7-17-14.

I've had the boot loop on reboot bug for several months now though and it's starting to get annoying. Might try out Fancy kernel soon.