Thanks Meter: 34

By TheDareDevil, Senior Member on 2nd May 2014, 02:14 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
26th June 2015, 02:06 PM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachiket_xda

Mine also. I think its a hardware failure. Sometimes back @Ziyan had the same issue. My phone dies within 4 hours in twrp also, so its not a rom fault

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackra1n

How do you get a days worth of battery on the Galaxy Nexus!?! Mine barley goes 4 hours and dies

FYI I am testing replacement batteries, and this one has the most battery life so far: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Li-i...-/151399417962

Someone on XDA linked me to that auction, but I can't remember who. This battery has 2x more life than the worst batteries I've ordered from ebay. It is a significant difference! I don't know if it is made by Samsung, or if it is a fake. The printing on the label is worse quality than my original battery, so it looks fake. But it came with a Samsung-looking USB cable, and why would a faker bother with that? Either way, the battery life is undeniably superior.

Geekbench battery test times:
Original battery from 2011: 2 hours 10 minutes
That new ebay battery from 2015: 3 hours 40 minutes

With this new battery and ZMOD, I have had 4 hour "screen on" time at 50% brightness and real usage (including Youtube). With other batteries from ebay, I had 2 hour screen on time... or less! Some replacement batteries are good, and some are scams.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bamtan2 For This Useful Post: [ View ]

29th June 2015, 12:17 AM |#142  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkk16

mate rom link ?

Its in the Nexus Resource Bible under ROMs. Its the one that says Unofficial Paranoid Android

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamtan2

FYI I am testing replacement batteries, and this one has the most battery life so far: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-OEM-Li-i...-/151399417962

Someone on XDA linked me to that auction, but I can't remember who. This battery has 2x more life than the worst batteries I've ordered from ebay. It is a significant difference! I don't know if it is made by Samsung, or if it is a fake. The printing on the label is worse quality than my original battery, so it looks fake. But it came with a Samsung-looking USB cable, and why would a faker bother with that? Either way, the battery life is undeniably superior.

Geekbench battery test times:
Original battery from 2011: 2 hours 10 minutes
That new ebay battery from 2015: 3 hours 40 minutes

With this new battery and ZMOD, I have had 4 hour "screen on" time at 50% brightness and real usage (including Youtube). With other batteries from ebay, I had 2 hour screen on time... or less! Some replacement batteries are good, and some are scams.

Hmm that does look promising. However if I'm gonna invest in a new battery I'm thinking maybe I'll get one of those extended batteries. Any ideas of some good ones?

29th June 2015, 01:06 AM |#143  
Thanks Meter: 81

More
Quote:

Hmm that does look promising. However if I'm gonna invest in a new battery I'm thinking maybe I'll get one of those extended batteries. Any ideas of some good ones?

I have not seen a good review of an extended battery. I'm guessing it is a very small market, and if there ever was a good extended battery, it was made years ago and isn't good anymore.
30th June 2015, 09:32 PM |#144  
Pandora
Thanks Meter: 36

More
Quote:

Its in the Nexus Resource Bible under ROMs. Its the one that says Unofficial Paranoid Android

mate which pa to download the beta 4.6 or 4.45 version ?
3rd July 2015, 11:01 AM |#145  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:

Rom link please
3rd July 2015, 07:37 PM |#146  
Pandora

More
Quote:

Rom link please

http://download.paranoidandroid.co/roms/maguro/
The Following User Says Thank You to djkk16 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
5th July 2015, 09:38 AM |#147  
Flag Bangalore
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by djkk16

http://download.paranoidandroid.co/roms/maguro/

It is an official pa rom but @blackra1n mentioned unofficial?
5th July 2015, 11:43 AM |#148  
Pandora

More
Quote:

It is an official pa rom but @blackra1n mentioned unofficial?

I followed the thread that blackra1n mentioned but the thread was closed so these were the only download links that i could find.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
13th July 2015, 12:09 AM |#149  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Beta 4.6. Sorry for my super late reply I've been super busy with work and school.

---------- Post added at 12:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

When I downloaded a few days ago it was still up. I'll post link shortly.

---------- Post added at 12:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:02 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...d-4-0-t2662739

---------- Post added at 12:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...d-4-0-t2662739

This is the ROM link. I've been on it for a while now and its great!

The Following User Says Thank You to blackra1n For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)