Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,743,085 Members 44,197 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung reportedly selected again for next Nexus...

Tip us?

adrynalyne
Old
(Last edited by adrynalyne; 26th April 2012 at 01:21 AM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer(x) View Post
I'm talking about hardware, not software. Saying it's not worse it's just a lie.

The only thing better in the Gnex is the HD screen.
What an ignorant response. It isn't worse, it is different. If you haven't figured that out by research, then you are uninformed and should move on.

Not everyone judges their life by a benchmark, but then some do. This phone is not for those people.
If you like what I do, buy me a brew!

Hemlocke
Old
Thanks Meter 183

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
LOL...you talk of superior build quality then try to justify its flaws because you don't "need" it.
Did I ever say metal is superior? Better quality material, EXCEPT in a device filled with transmitters.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium
"The only good is knowledge, and the only evil is ignorance." - Herodotus
Sent from my Blackberry Z10

Razer(x)
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4763

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
What an ignorant response. It isn't worse, it is different. If you haven't figured that out by research, then you are uninformed and should move on.

Not everyone judges their life by a benchmark, but then some do. This phone is not for those people.
I'm not an asshole or something who's trying to troll. I've owned a SGS2 for almost an year, and i can read the specs.

Ok, you can say "Nexus has better community support, Google updates and co." and i'm ok with that, that's why i bought a Gnex. But you can't really tell its hardware it's not worse, even considering it came out 6 months later than SGS2.

adrynalyne
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5669
Quote:
I'm not an asshole or something who's trying to troll. I've owned a SGS2 for almost an year, and i can read the specs.

Ok, you can say "Nexus has better community support, Google updates and co." and i'm ok with that, that's why i bought a Gnex. But you can't really tell its hardware it's not worse, even considering it came out 6 months later than SGS2.
Like I said, uninformed.

Stop playing the benchmark and spec game. It is old, and only increases the e-member. What are you going to do to prove me wrong? Pull out some benchmarks?

Go ahead. Then go look on the net where our GPU beats the Mali in some tests. Like I said, not worse...different.
If you like what I do, buy me a brew!
The Following User Says Thank You to adrynalyne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Ravynmagi
Old
Thanks Meter 199
Quote:
Samsung is a very good hardware manufacturer, but seems like they're fooling us with these Nexus phones.

I can't understand how a phone released 6 months later can be worse than the SGS2, and that happened with SGS1 also.

I'm not saying i want a powerful hardware or something, but atleast the same as SGS2 (anybody said 8mpx camera vs 5mpx?)
I'm not sure if it's entirely Samsung's fault. GS2 has the Exynos SoC while the Galaxy Nexus is a TI OMAP4, I assume this is one of the points were you mean the GS2 is better.

But it seems Google wanted the TI OMAP4 to be the official processor for ICS, or at least first optimized for ICS. So the Galaxy Nexus had to use that processor. Maybe also because it's compatible with LTE and Exynos isn't.

Though have no idea why they gimped the camera (fortunately that wasn't important for me).
Android: Nexus 5, Nexus 4, Nexus 7 2013, LG G Pad 8.3 LTE, Nook HD+
iOS: iPhone 5S, iPad Mini with Retina LTE
Windows: Lumia 521, Venue 8 Pro
The Following User Says Thank You to Ravynmagi For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Razer(x)
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 4763

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Like I said, uninformed.

Stop playing the benchmark and spec game. It is old, and only increases the e-member. What are you going to do to prove me wrong? Pull out some benchmarks?

Go ahead. Then go look on the net where our GPU beats the Mali in some tests. Like I said, not worse...different.
Seems like you can't get my point.

Peace bro

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 957
Quote:

Better yet, to add to adrynalynes post, go look at the note forum where the Mali lags with HD resolution. Played with a note finally the other day and let's just say imagination ftw!

sent with 3g courage. better recognize. 4g courage coming soon. stock up on diapers.

MS.
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by onthecouchagain View Post
Good news man! GNex kept me happy for about 4 months (and still counts) which is unusual for me, so i'm really looking forward into next Nexus phone by Samsung.
HTC One [ROM: Stock 4.3 GPE] [Kernel: default] [Radio: 10.38H.1157.04L] [HBOOT: 1.54 GE, S-OFF]

efrant
Old
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter 8032

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Seems like you can't get my point.

Peace bro
What i think adrynalyne is trying to say is that pure hardware specs don't mean anything. You could have a hex-a-core-twin-turbo-intercooled-super-snapdragon-tegra-omap, but if there is no software optimized for it, there's no much point. Who cares if the benchmark is 3x the GNex if it loads a web page in the same amount of time? It's more of a "my junk is bigger/better/faster than your junk" thing, not much more.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
At present, I am not readily available on the forums or via PM -- if you are in need of a moderator, please contact someone from this list.

I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post in a thread.

Google Nexus 5

XDA Forum Rules & Moderator List

WHAT MATTERS IS UNDERSTANDING THE JOURNEY...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to efrant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

haydonxda
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravynmagi View Post
Though have no idea why they gimped the camera (fortunately that wasn't important for me).
Could have something to do with their desire for a super snappy camera. Fewer MP means less data to process. Doesn't explain why the sensor characteristics were so bad though.