5,600,429 Members 32,797 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung reportedly selected again for next Nexus...

Tip us?

cyco1978
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer(x) View Post
Samsung is a very good hardware manufacturer, but seems like they're fooling us with these Nexus phones.

I can't understand how a phone released 6 months later can be worse than the SGS2, and that happened with SGS1 also.

I'm not saying i want a powerful hardware or something, but atleast the same as SGS2 (anybody said 8mpx camera vs 5mpx?)
I don't think Samsung really has to much say about what goes in to the phone.. there just the manufacture. I'm sure Samsung would of at least made it equal to the GS2

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
Nexus 4/7 on Deck!

arzbhatia
Old
Recognized Themer
Thanks Meter 1815

DONATE TO ME
Yayayayayay! I hope this is true! I love samsung, mostly because of it's display technologies!
ParanoidAndroid Team - UI/UX Manager - Arz Bhatia

Smokeey
Old
(Last edited by Smokeey; 26th April 2012 at 10:49 AM.)
Thanks Meter 321
I don't actually mind Samsung making the next Nexus phone considering HTC has been failing so much lately. They need to start making phones like the Desire and Nexus One. I really loved the styling.

Note: Reading around the thread I notice alot of people complaining about "low hardware specs". There is reasoning behind that. Google seeks to create a "reference" device with the Nexus line-up. This basically means that its the bottom line or standard for that year/OS version. It says to OEM's that "if you go below this line, YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG". It's also a developer reference, meaning: This is (most likely) what phones will look like for the rest of the year. (HW/OS). Don't expect the next Nexus to have flagship specs and don't complain about the Galaxy Nexus, the OMAP 4460 is currently only in the Nexus and was barely released in Q4 '11.

/rant

"the definition of open: 'mkdir android ; cd android ; repo init -u git://android.git.kernel.org/platform/manifest.git ; repo sync ; make'" -Andy Rubin

Devices:
Droid Incredible
Samsung Galaxy Nexus[LTE]
LG G2[T-Mobile]
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Smokeey For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lazaro17
Old
Thanks Meter 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokeey View Post
, the OMAP 4460 is currently only in the Nexus and was barely released in Q4 '11.
Yea it was the best chip for HD encoding/decoding at the time. I think they really wanted the 720p screen to be one of the main selling points and decided to go with the most appropriate hardware at the time.

Their timing with the hardware on the nexus one was perfect because it was first in line for 1ghz. Since then things have moved so quickly that it feels like the two Sammy nexuses didn't make such a huge stride in hardware in comparison.

I'm looking forward to what they bring next and I think they'll step it up a bit with both a great tablet and phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

NardVa
Old
Thanks Meter 51
The next Nexus will be a copy of the GSIII. That's how its been for the Nexus since Samsung took control. They just give you a scaled down version of their flag ship phone.

Sent from my HTC Incredible S using xda premium

adrynalyne
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
The next Nexus will be a copy of the GSIII. That's how its been for the Nexus since Samsung took control. They just give you a scaled down version of their flag ship phone.

Really because besides color...my GN doesn't look like a copy of any other Samsung device.
If you like what I do, buy me a brew!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to adrynalyne For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 936
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
Really because besides color...my GN doesn't look like a copy of any other Samsung device.
Scratches head. Still trying to figure out what resemblance my phone has to the gs2. Or gs3 for that matter.

teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.

NardVa
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrynalyne View Post
Similar as far as specs are concerned. The Galaxy phone sets the standard each year for top of line specs. When the Nexus is released 6 months later it's just the Galaxy flagship phone scaled down. There is nothing wrong with that but from a spec point there is never a surprise.

The Following User Says Thank You to NardVa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

KiNG OMaR
Old
Thanks Meter 352

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post
Scratches head. Still trying to figure out what resemblance my phone has to the gs2. Or gs3 for that matter.

teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.
This is a fake GS3! Looks just like our Nexus though

[PHoNE] Nexus 5
[TaBLET] 2013 Nexus 7

adrynalyne
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5661
Quote:
Originally Posted by NardVa View Post
Similar as far as specs are concerned. The Galaxy phone sets the standard each year for top of line specs. When the Nexus is released 6 months later it's just the Galaxy flagship phone scaled down. There is nothing wrong with that but from a spec point there is never a surprise.

Well if I go similar as far as specs are concerned, I would have a whole basket of 'copy' phones. Very few innovate these days.
If you like what I do, buy me a brew!