XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Will you sell your nexus for the gs3

Tip us?

NIK516
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Default Will you sell your nexus for the gs3

I am fortunate enough to have my contract up in may so I can get an upgrade and I will to the gs3 .will any one else be selling there gn for the gs3 when it comes out ?

And I know I have not seen it yet but I can bet that the camera and speaker will be better and the rest will be the same .

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

gabster21
Old
Thanks Meter 114
Probably.. One of the reasons I got the GNex (aside from the gorgeous screen) was because it would be "first in line" for updates. So far 4.0.4 is out and still no official update is available and I'd be stuck on 4.0.1 if I hadn't rooted and updated to 4.0.2 manually. Google not commenting on the issue doesn't help either.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabster21 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aridon
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Probably.

10chars
Note 2 (AT&T) and Nexus 10

Retired Devices
Treo 650 - PPC 6600 - iPhone 2G - IPhone 3G - HTC Hero - EVO - Palm Pre - Epic 4g - HTC Inspire - Galaxy Nexus - Galaxy S 3
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aridon For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

beeboss
Old
Thanks Meter 71

DONATE TO ME
I got a feeling that hardware in gs3 will be very tempting for us but don't forget no pure ics and no up to time updates comparing to nexus. As a former user of gs2 and now a nexus rider I must say that I will stick to nexus line even it has less power inside because software development is better for gnex and it is priority for me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

zeekiz
Old
Thanks Meter 176
I'm pretty happy with my nexus, don't see any reason to unreasonably upgrade, also the galaxy s 3 hasn't been announced, how can you be sure its going to be that great (I know it probably will but still?).

Plus its just another device for people to cry about that its not getting the latest update quick enough -_-".

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium
HTC Desire → HTC Desire S → Samsung Galaxy Nexus → Samsung Galaxy S3 → LG Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to zeekiz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

j.go
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeboss View Post
I got a feeling that hardware in gs3 will be very tempting for us but don't forget no pure ics and no up to time updates comparing to nexus. As a former user of gs2 and now a nexus rider I must say that I will stick to nexus line even it has less power inside because software development is better for gnex and it is priority for me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Agree with you there. And if touchwiz on GS3 is in any way like the leaked ICS for the GS2, I think I'll pass. Besides nexus hardware is more than enough for my smartphone needs, i.e., mostly internet, not much gaming.

biffsmash
Old
(Last edited by biffsmash; 12th March 2012 at 12:14 PM.)
Thanks Meter 203
Doubt i'll sell my nexus as I never sell old phones, but I will probably get a GS3 at some point, as it should blow Nexus off the planet.

As for software updates, GS2 gave more updates, at a much faster rate than Nexus, so GS3 should be much much better for updates.

Nexus has Android 4. but I doubt it will get 5, and the speed of the incremental android 4 updates is a joke.. 1 update since I got my phone.. GS2 had updates all the time! I'd rather get incremental updates within Android 4 timely with an SGS3 than waiting an eternity for any update on Nexus.

Nah sod the notion of speedy updates on nexus devices, they don't exist.

I'd take Touchwiz and a fast Galaxy phone over the slow and laggy Nexus any day. GS3 will hopefully have equal screen than nexus, which is the nexus's only real selling point.

It'll be nice to have a phone with a HD screen which you won't have to hear all the excuses that it is so slow because it has so many more pixels to push blah blah blah.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biffsmash For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

wkaolo
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So magical?

kharrigan
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I won't. I'm very happy with the GNex. I also have a hard to believing that the GS3 won't be very buggy at first.

azlan96
Old
Thanks Meter 5
I wont, cause I have a 2 years contract for my GNex, and my parents wont probably buy me it, just gonna use my Gnex till it fails