Sprint Galaxy Nexus

Search This thread

hoopsdavis

Sep 25, 2008
Woodbridge, Va
Sure. I will trade you for a system dump ;)

Check device manager. There is probably a ! on something. Go to update driver, browse my computer for software, Let me pick from a list..., Scroll to Samsung something or another and install the correct driver.

I tried that but I get "Best driver software already installed for this device"
Everything in Device Manager is clear of all errors

adrynalyne

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 13, 2008
Try a different usb port then and watch that when you plug it back in, it detects the correct driver.

Reactions: rwong48

cheddaface

Oct 10, 2011
Detroit
i have custom recovery temp i flashed the su zip i have super user i used the app root checker and it says im not rooted any help?

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

should i try and factory reset and root agin? someone plz help me

badname

Feb 8, 2010
woo gnext on sprint wooo, jumping ship from epic touch (sgs2), gonna give the phone to my mom. So im sure if its just a simple fix between verizon and sprint all the roms will be for both.

but to buy T.C.P. a gnex...

cheddaface

Oct 10, 2011
Detroit

journeyman73

Sep 14, 2007
CHICAGO
I can't figure out what the issue is. I continue to get stuck on <waiting for device>

Check here

If your Command Prompt displays the message "waiting for device" your driver wasn't successfully installed.
Close the Command Prompt window and open Device manager while your phone is still plugged in. (Search for it using the search option).
Right Click the "Android" option and select Update Driver. Choose to "Browse My Computer" and "Let Me Pick From A List." Pick the Samsung driver with the newest date and install it. Now retry the code above.
Your phone will ask if you want to unlock it. Select "Yes" by using the volume keys and use power to select it.
Now, navigate to "Recovery Mode" with the volume keys. Use power to select.
A screen with another Android will pop up. Press Volume Up, Volume Down, and Power all at the same time.
Select Factory Reset. This process may take a few minutes. Be patient and let it work.
Once finished, select "Reboot."
Your phone is now unlocked!

rwong48

Jan 20, 2011
San Jose, CA
Try a different usb port then and watch that when you plug it back in, it detects the correct driver.
Can't believe that actually did it for me (to access Android, not bootloader, via adb).. something's up with docking station USB ports. I used drivers from Samsung's site for the Sprint GNex.

While in the bootloader I get the "Android 1.0" device (18d1:4e30) in Device Manager. I don't know which driver to use but I tried a few, all of which showed nothing in adb. The C:\Program Files\SAMSUNG\USB Drivers\ folder has a bunch of drivers but none are obviously fit.

Pick the Samsung driver with the newest date and install it.
Sorry, but which driver is "the Samsung driver with the newest date"? This one makes the most sense to me, but it still doesn't work.

Edit: Got it to work. For the record, device type/class is "Android USB Devices" and the Samsung list showed 3:
ADB device, Sept 2011
ADB device, something 2010
Composite ADB device

I chose the first one.

Also be sure to check functionality with `fastboot devices`, not `adb devices` like me :)

Attachments

• omfg.png
    omfg.png
    48.6 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts