Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,968 Members 42,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum
View Poll Results: Did you have 3g issues with your Sprint Gnex?
Yes I did. and they mailed me a replacement. 4 8.89%
Yes. They said it was a network issue. 17 37.78%
No. Sprint would never lie. 24 53.33%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

[SPRINT] GNEX Defective Radio Epidemic POLL

Tip us?

variance
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0st View Post
This may be relevant to your interests

http://androidandme.com/2012/04/smar...-in-the-works/
I'll believe it when I see it.
--

Primary - Galaxy S5 G900P / Nexus 5 32GB
Shelved - Note II L900 Galaxy Nexus Epic 4G
Security Toy - Nokia N900 running PWNphone/Kali/Maemo5

@rbiter
Old
Thanks Meter 959
Sure its not the network that is defective?

teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.

dreamsforgotten
Old
Thanks Meter 2553

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post

teach a man to fish, you feed him for life. teach a man to fastboot, and you create competency. and less threads on xda.
It's hard to say replacement phones mostly are working a few still affected so why do the others work?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I quit school because of recess...they play too much
"I find it kinda funny....Find it kinda sad....That the dreams in which im dying...Are the best I've ever had..."
-Gary Jules
If you want to learn to develop, check out http://dreamsforgotten.androidninjas.com.

Fixed lol..Fixed for real this time!
Look out for your devs PayPal is appreciated.

Learn to Theme: Includes links to the next guide at bottom
jsteelm Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by variance View Post
I'll believe it when I see it.
Yes but that was the curveball they threw at me. "I'm sure they're looking at it, and coming up with a solution" Regardless. I just called into sprit and gave them an earful. Getting a replacement soon!

variance
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by @rbiter View Post

You must not know how to read. and failed to see my OP
where I demonstrated clearly that it was not the network.

RTFOP next time and save us your blithe sarcastic know it all BS.
--

Primary - Galaxy S5 G900P / Nexus 5 32GB
Shelved - Note II L900 Galaxy Nexus Epic 4G
Security Toy - Nokia N900 running PWNphone/Kali/Maemo5

fyresoul
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:

I have a Nexus with working data, I nandroided it, put that nandroid on my previous non-data working Nexus.

And guess what 3G data still didn't work. So, I'm returning the non-working Nexus tomorrow.

I'd experiment more for you guys, but I for one am tired of calling up Sprint to swap my phones back and forth.

The take away from this is, unless Samsung's "upcoming software update/patch" is introducing new things, there's no reason what I did shouldn't have worked.

dreamsforgotten
Old
Thanks Meter 2553

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by fyresoul View Post
I have a Nexus with working data, I nandroided it, put that nandroid on my previous non-data working Nexus.

And guess what 3G data still didn't work. So, I'm returning the non-working Nexus tomorrow.

I'd experiment more for you guys, but I for one am tired of calling up Sprint to swap my phones back and forth.

The take away from this is, unless Samsung's "upcoming software update/patch" is introducing new things, there's no reason what I did shouldn't have worked.
I've done everything possible 3g is bust. Calling sprint to change phones is insane. Goto your online account where it shows your device, choose the menu on the right. Click activate new phone, pop in your numbers, and your phone is swapped. Fwiw.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I quit school because of recess...they play too much
"I find it kinda funny....Find it kinda sad....That the dreams in which im dying...Are the best I've ever had..."
-Gary Jules
If you want to learn to develop, check out http://dreamsforgotten.androidninjas.com.

Fixed lol..Fixed for real this time!
Look out for your devs PayPal is appreciated.

Learn to Theme: Includes links to the next guide at bottom

jalexishg
Old
Thanks Meter 65

DONATE TO ME
I just spend almost 22 hours trying to get my phone replace and after spending crazy hours on the phone and declining stupid upgrades here is what they offer me :

They going to send me a "Brand new one" sealed to my house with overnight shipping, $50 dollars credit on my account, I can buy ANY device at 2yr contract price (I still have my upgrade) and if the Nexus they send me still not working properly they will just let me pick any other device in the store free or charge (they will take the nexus back). I can't complaint, I use the typical "I've been a loyal customer for 7 years".

I got all these but took me countless hour on the phone with customer service, walking /driving from store to store, wasting hours of my job, waking up late to work due the bad hardware plus this is not my first replacement. I love Sprint customer service they just wasn't ready for this. I blame Samsung and Sprint for not waiting a little longer to test this device more. I know when Sprint come out with LTE we going back up but as for now Sprint is in a hole and need us (The Now Network customers) to be a little more "understanding". Out of all this crazy weekend I met some cool people, nice hook ups (cool discounts and maybe some free stuff), and more. Overall can't complaint since I didn't have to argue or get mad in other to get this done. The reason why it took so long is because they keep pointing at each other not knowing what to do since the phone just came out less than a week ago and too many people coming back asking for replacements.

Those are just my 2 cents.

cmucooper
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Well my nexus got a new prl this morning and data still isn't working. It went from 25002 to 25003 wonder if this was sprints "fix" for early in the week?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using XDA

adrynalyne
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5671
Quote:

umad

He was joking. Lighten up, you don't want you have a massive coronary before you leave puberty.
If you like what I do, buy me a brew!