Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,571 Members 54,217 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Squaretrade vs. Ensquared insurance for imported GN

Tip us?

rijin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by NextNexus View Post
This morning I had to place an insurance claim for my Galaxy Nexus with Ensquared. They took the claim and said I should have the new device within 1-2 business days. I'll keep you guys updated.
My experience with this company would definetly not be full 5 stars I would possibly give it a 2.5 when i had placed the insurance order i was under the influence that if something went wrong i would get an indentical phone as a replacement. I was not told however that they are only able to purchase a certain carrier of phone. therefore i was told my phone was not available because they cannot purchase it. i can not understand how in the world a person(myself)be able to just purchase it online but a BIG INSURANCE phone company not be able to?
Instead they they sent me a SGS2 than i had originally(nexus). I was told it does the same functions. but the principal to it is that IT is not the SAME one...

p.s I have to sell the gs2 to get my nexus
The Following User Says Thank You to rijin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NextNexus
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by rijin View Post
My experience with this company would definetly not be full 5 stars I would possibly give it a 2.5 when i had placed the insurance order i was under the influence that if something went wrong i would get an indentical phone as a replacement. I was not told however that they are only able to purchase a certain carrier of phone. therefore i was told my phone was not available because they cannot purchase it. i can not understand how in the world a person(myself)be able to just purchase it online but a BIG INSURANCE phone company not be able to?
Instead they they sent me a SGS2 than i had originally(nexus). I was told it does the same functions. but the principal to it is that IT is not the SAME one...

Wow this would be totally unacceptable to me and would lead to a scathing review.
The Following User Says Thank You to NextNexus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jonathan3579
Old
Thanks Meter 239
Quote:

Asurion offered me a Vibrant when my Nexus S was damaged. I won't get too far into how I felt because it was and still is explosive. I have to be really careful on my next purchase of Galaxy Nexus and make sure somehow that a similar situation won't happen.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

NextNexus
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Quote:

Well seems this is about to happen to me. When I checked my order it said I had to give them a call and the rep I spoke with said the order has been escalated and that I would receive a call back. When I asked what this usually means, she said that usually it is b/c they do not have access to the device I insured and they would offer me a different model as a replacement. I'm waiting for the call back but I'm really pissed off if this is the case. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to say when I get the call back?

ragnarokx
Old
(Last edited by ragnarokx; 11th April 2012 at 03:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 472
Quote:
Well seems this is about to happen to me. When I checked my order it said I had to give them a call and the rep I spoke with said the order has been escalated and that I would receive a call back. When I asked what this usually means, she said that usually it is b/c they do not have access to the device I insured and they would offer me a different model as a replacement. I'm waiting for the call back but I'm really pissed off if this is the case. Does anyone have any recommendations on what to say when I get the call back?
There have been threads here for months about the GN not being properly insurable. Doesn't sound like there's much you can do except try and get a refund or accept what they give you.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

NextNexus
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Just got off the phone with the escalated rep. He told me that the device is not readily available to them and they have placed an order for it but that it takes 5-7 business days before they receive it (most of their devices are 1-2 business days). He told me that as soon as they receive it, it will then be overnighted to me. I'll update this thread when/if I receive it.

Ziocomposite
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Looks like they actually are trying to get the Nexus for you. Good luck!

NextNexus
Old
Thanks Meter 95
Ensquared is basically a cluster **** and have no clue what they're doing. Now they're saying they can't get the unlocked GSM version so they were planning on sending me the Verizon version (and yes, I'm on AT&T). When I complained I was given the email address of a manager (I guess he doesn't have a phone numbers) and sent an email breaking down the entire situation and I'm currently awaiting his response. What a joke at this point.

thuynh022
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Ensquared is basically a cluster **** and have no clue what they're doing. Now they're saying they can't get the unlocked GSM version so they were planning on sending me the Verizon version (and yes, I'm on AT&T). When I complained I was given the email address of a manager (I guess he doesn't have a phone numbers) and sent an email breaking down the entire situation and I'm currently awaiting his response. What a joke at this point.
They can't just cut you a check for the price of the device?

rijin
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Exact same story happened to me 2 months ago

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2